Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey Improv on GSN  (Read 12593 times)

DrBear

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 01:05:08 PM »
From the Colin Mochrie/Brad Sherwood Twitter feed of a couple of days ago - maybe that's what broke our board:

GSN just announced the new premiere date for the "Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza" – April 11. It will air at 8:00pm (EST). Starring us and a bunch of people almost as funny as Colin....but not as funny as Brad.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BillCullen1

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:33 PM »
Jonathan Magnum of LMAD is seen in the promo running on GSN. So if Jonathan could do it, maybe Wayne Brady will pop in for a show as well.

GSN

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »
Jonathan Magnum of LMAD is seen in the promo running on GSN. So if Jonathan could do it, maybe Wayne Brady will pop in for a show as well.

Hey guys! Glad to see so many Drew/Whose Line/improv fans out here! I'm with GSN and wanted to make sure you knew all about the show before its April 11 premiere (8/7c). Wayne Brady will actually be stopping by for the premiere, so definitely set a DVR reminder for that one. And expect some other great guest stars as well. Here's the official site if you want to check it out further. And feel free to hit me up with any questions you've got about the new show!

GSN

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
We're a week out from the Improv-a-Ganza April 11 premiere! Remember to set your DVRs - it's gonna be a riot. Especially for you Wayne Brady fans.. he'll be guest starring on this episode!

trainman

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 11:36:59 PM »
Remember to set your DVRs - it's gonna be a riot.

I would be more likely to set my DVR if you provided accurate, complete listings information to Tribune Media Services, so that my DVR wouldn't try to record multiple showings of the same episode.
trainman is a man of trains

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »
I would be more likely to set my DVR if you provided accurate, complete listings information to Tribune Media Services, so that my DVR wouldn't try to record multiple showings of the same episode.
I am of the opinion that information just got disbursed.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 12:12:36 AM »
Know what my favorite thing about the Kingdome was? The playing surface.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 12:17:47 AM »
'Cept you can't call it that when the OP is being completely open about who he represents. This is natural grass all the way. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 01:18:48 AM »
'Cept you can't call it that when the OP is being completely open about who he represents. This is natural grass all the way. :)
Dammit! One of these times I'm going to make that call an I'll be right.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 12:45:11 AM »
So did anyone see the first episode? I thought it was pretty decent. Charlie Sheen is supposed on be on tomorrow's show (April 12).

GSN

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
Glad you liked the show! And you're right. Charlie will be making a spontaneous visit to the stage tonight. Definitely another win for him! Episode actually airs in a couple mins on the east coast (8pm ET/PT) - you don't want to miss it.

Stevek83

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
So did anyone see the first episode? I thought it was pretty decent. Charlie Sheen is supposed on be on tomorrow's show (April 12).

I thought it was pretty good. It's more like Drew Careys' Las Vegas Shows and less like WLIIA.

I think it'd be better as an hour show, but that's just me.

DrBear

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
It moved very quickly - maybe too quickly. Even if it's named after Drew, we're seeing a lot less of him here than on Drew's Line. It's interesting they have the old WLIIA regulars sharing the duties of finding audience members and so on...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

mmb5

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »
Remember to set your DVRs - it's gonna be a riot.

And sending them to the two competitors of Tribune would be nice as well.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

GSN

Drew Carey Improv on GSN
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »
It moved very quickly - maybe too quickly. Even if it's named after Drew, we're seeing a lot less of him here than on Drew's Line. It's interesting they have the old WLIIA regulars sharing the duties of finding audience members and so on...

Glad you're liking seeing more of the cast in leadership roles! Who are you enjoying seeing more of? Personally I've been a fan of Heather Anne, Jeff and Jonathan so far. They've done some really fantastic work.

And we appreciate the feedback on the length and speed of the shows. If the shows are moving too quick for you, I'd suggest heading over to GSN.com to watch a couple episodes back-to-back, essentially creating an hour-long show. There's also plenty of highlights and web exclusive games/behind-the-scenes clips in addition to the full episodes online, too.