Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Combs Feud  (Read 7521 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Combs Feud
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 08:40:42 AM »
Off-topic a touch... are we at all close to seeing the Dawson Feud Heavenly Hosts v. Magnifient MC's week again? I'd love to get the whole thing on its own first-gen DVD.
@lambertman

David Lawrence

Combs Feud
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 08:53:34 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Nov 25 2003, 08:40 AM\']Off-topic a touch... are we at all close to seeing the Dawson Feud Heavenly Hosts v. Magnifient MC's week again? I'd love to get the whole thing on its own first-gen DVD.[/quote]
That special week was part of the syndicated run and took place in 1983. It will be awhile since the morning syndies are currently from 1979.

David Lawrence

Combs Feud
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2003, 09:02:22 AM »
Did the first FF Challenge bring back the winning family from the last half-hour episode or start fresh with all new families? That's assuming that last show was a normal one. It could have been the end of another set of Tournament of Champions episodes.

zachhoran

Combs Feud
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2003, 09:53:12 AM »
[quote name=\'David Lawrence\' date=\'Nov 25 2003, 09:02 AM\'] Did the first FF Challenge bring back the winning family from the last half-hour episode or start fresh with all new families? That's assuming that last show was a normal one. It could have been the end of another set of Tournament of Champions episodes. [/quote]
 IIRC the first week of FF Challenge was a soaps vs. TPIR celeb week.

HYHYBT

Combs Feud
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2003, 01:59:17 AM »
But to answer the question, yes, the last winning family from the half hour version played as champs in the first civilian hour-long game.

Trying too hard to be TPIR? Well, if you look closely at the envelope and card Ray has with the opening question's answer...
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages