Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites 2003!  (Read 24352 times)

Pyramid80

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2003, 05:54:27 PM »
We'll I hope that everyone got their votes in today.  It appears that the polls have already closed for The Feast of Favorites 2003.  Good Luck to everyone and their favorites!

Timsterino

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2003, 01:35:34 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Nov 1 2003, 07:41 PM\'] I have stood firm to Bullseye every day. Let's see what happens. [/quote]
 As I have been with Treasure Hunt. I am not too hopeful however on that selection.

But you never know.

Tim :-)

Jay Temple

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2003, 11:21:05 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Nov 1 2003, 05:41 PM\'] I have stood firm to Bullseye every day. Let's see what happens. [/quote]
 Even though I voted Go all the way, I wouldn't mind if Bullseye got in, as I've never seen a full show.  (I may have caught a few minutes in a store once, but it wasn't on in the area where I lived at the time.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Jimmy Owen

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2003, 06:35:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 05:31 AM\'] As an experiment, maybe a hundred of us on this forum could agree to vote for one show (say "Funny Money"*) and see how that skews the countdown.      (*or "Winning Streak":) ) [/quote]
 I know it's bad form to respond to one's own post but, wasn't this a great idea?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

inturnaround

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2003, 06:43:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 06:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 05:31 AM\'] As an experiment, maybe a hundred of us on this forum could agree to vote for one show (say "Funny Money"*) and see how that skews the countdown.      (*or "Winning Streak":) ) [/quote]
I know it's bad form to respond to one's own post but, wasn't this a great idea? [/quote]
 Yes, yes it was. You get megakudos from me. Thanks also go to PeterMarshallFan whose idea it was to adopt Bullseye.

I can't believe TJW made it, too.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2003, 01:03:23 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 06:43 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 06:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Oct 4 2003, 05:31 AM\'] As an experiment, maybe a hundred of us on this forum could agree to vote for one show (say "Funny Money"*) and see how that skews the countdown.      (*or "Winning Streak":) ) [/quote]
I know it's bad form to respond to one's own post but, wasn't this a great idea? [/quote]
Yes, yes it was. You get megakudos from me. Thanks also go to PeterMarshallFan whose idea it was to adopt Bullseye.

I can't believe TJW made it, too. [/quote]
 At the same time, I give PeterMarshallFan a thumbs down.  I only got one solid response (that being from Chris Lemon) as to why Bullseye is such a great show.  I would appreciate a little more feedback on why you think this show is worthy of our attention.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites 2003!
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2003, 07:28:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 02:03 AM\']
At the same time, I give PeterMarshallFan a thumbs down.  I only got one solid response (that being from Chris Lemon) as to why Bullseye is such a great show.  I would appreciate a little more feedback on why you think this show is worthy of our attention. [/quote]
 Maybe because Chris pretty much summed up what I would have said?

Bullseye had an exciting front game, exciting [albeit long] endgame, good host, and an amazing set to boot.

More in detail:

The front game was good for the reason Chris gave. There was a huge amount of strategy involved, as you could lose it all by getting yourself into a contract you couldn't fufill if you didn't bank the money in the pot at the right time. The bullseye contracts also added another angle, as you could run up a few hundred in the pot, then blow a question because you didn't stop and leave it wide open for your opponent to take.

The endgame, admittedly, was in the same vein as the TJW and TTD endgames, but was superior to both, IMO. It was exciting when two of the windows were covered by Bullseyes because that ever-threatening Lightning could still be under the last open one.