Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pat's latest tweet Guest announcers until they find a replacement  (Read 27217 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pat's latest tweet Guest announcers until they find a replacement
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'251573\' date=\'Nov 25 2010, 08:35 AM\']I heard that he whispered it to Denny Terrio![/quote]
I was gonna go here.

I'm glad someone else did. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'251573\' date=\'Nov 25 2010, 11:35 AM\'][quote name=\'knagl\' post=\'251546\' date=\'Nov 24 2010, 05:46 PM\'][quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'251531\' date=\'Nov 24 2010, 10:33 AM\']Well, Merv used to announce on his talk show...and made no secret of it with his "and now, HERE I COME!" intro.[/quote]
I thought he would have said that near the end?
[/quote]
I heard that he whispered it to Denny Terrio!
[/quote]
Well played, both of you! :-)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:44:02 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

toetyper

« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »
latest patweet/

patsajak
Guest announcers already booked on Wheel thru end of season. Permanent replacement will be announced prior to next season.

weaklink75

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »
Well we have an answer to Pat's tweet about the announcer the week of 1/10- her name is Lora Cain.....

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2011, 10:11:53 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'254103\' date=\'Jan 6 2011, 06:57 PM\']Well we have an answer to Pat's tweet about the announcer the week of 1/10- her name is Lora Cain.....[/quote]

Wow, you know you've got an off-the-board pick when she doesn't have a Wikipedia article or any other articles that even mention her name...

For anyone who's curious, here's a demo reel. Good enough voice, but I hope she puts more enthusiasm in when she's on the show.
Bobby Peacock

Jamey Greek

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »
When did Don Morrow sub?  Did he sub after Jack Clark died?  Also, according to imdb.  John Harlan subbed during the Chuck and Susan era.  Is that true?

Robair

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2011, 09:13:10 AM »
Don Morrow subbed before Jack Clark was hired, when Charlie O booked to KCOP to do news. Harlan was likely a spot replacement for when Charlie was sick.
--Robair

entguy1

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »
Judging from this music video on YouTube, assuming it's the same Lora Cain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z74Ac5oTYkU...feature=related

... she should be on camera.

\originally wrote "Lana Cain," who may be her twin sister.
\\mmm, redheads

tvrandywest

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' post=\'254155\' date=\'Jan 7 2011, 06:13 AM\']Don Morrow subbed before Jack Clark was hired, when Charlie O booked to KCOP to do news. Harlan was likely a spot replacement for when Charlie was sick.[/quote]
Charlie didn't book from Wheel in 1980, the show was actually CANCELLED by Fred Silverman! A final farewell episode with Woolery (and his wife, Joanne) was taped and later edited before it aired on Friday, August 1st. The August 4th episode reportedly opens with Woolery joking about the show's reprive.

Charlie went to join ole buddy Bob Eubanks who was producing "The Toni Tennille Show" before the Wheel cancellation was reversed. The sequence of events is HERE - - click "Charlie O Tribute".

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'254199\' date=\'Jan 7 2011, 07:17 PM\'][quote name=\'Robair\' post=\'254155\' date=\'Jan 7 2011, 06:13 AM\']Don Morrow subbed before Jack Clark was hired, when Charlie O booked to KCOP to do news. Harlan was likely a spot replacement for when Charlie was sick.[/quote]
Charlie didn't book from Wheel in 1980, the show was actually CANCELLED by Fred Silverman! A final farewell episode with Woolery (and his wife, Joanne) was taped and later edited before it aired on Friday, August 1st. The August 4th episode reportedly opens with Woolery joking about the show's reprive.

Charlie went to join ole buddy Bob Eubanks who was producing "The Toni Tennille Show" before the Wheel cancellation was reversed. The sequence of events is HERE - - click "Charlie O Tribute".
[/quote]
Awesome tribute, Randy, and I had no idea that Charlie's leaving was due to the cancellation.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »
Denny Terrio is f'in 60!