Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pat's latest tweet Guest announcers until they find a replacement  (Read 27030 times)

opimus

What are the chances  of Randy getting a fill in spot?

Johnissoevil

Pat's latest tweet Guest announcers until they find a replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »
[quote name=\'opimus\' post=\'250472\' date=\'Nov 8 2010, 06:37 PM\']What are the chances  of Randy getting a fill in spot?[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me if he did.  Randy's a great announcer, as evidenced from what we've heard, so if I were the producer's of Wheel, I'd contact him.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:47:51 PM »
Is Mr. West still working on The Newlywed Game?  If so, wouldn't he have a non-competitive clause in his contract?
This signature is currently under construction.

xavier45

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'250482\' date=\'Nov 8 2010, 07:47 PM\']Is Mr. West still working on The Newlywed Game?  If so, wouldn't he have a non-competitive clause in his contract?[/quote]
Nope, they have some guy named Gary as the announcer now.

BTW, it seems as though Charlie was edited out of tonight's episode. I know Charlie announced the last set of Vegas episodes. Did he miss any of the last week?

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »
BTW, it seems as though Charlie was edited out of tonight's episode. I know Charlie announced the last set of Vegas episodes. Did he miss any of the last week?
[/quote]

anyone know why they would do that (not opinions, but a real reason)?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:09:10 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowcrazy\' post=\'250487\' date=\'Nov 8 2010, 06:22 PM\']BTW, it seems as though Charlie was edited out of tonight's episode. I know Charlie announced the last set of Vegas episodes. Did he miss any of the last week?[/quote]
Because they don't want to have someone who died just a week ago announcing their shows, especially when the hosts paid tribute to him not three days previous?

Naw, far too logical. Must be something much more fanciful.
Travis L. Eberle

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 02:26:20 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'250525\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 02:09 PM\'][quote name=\'gameshowcrazy\' post=\'250487\' date=\'Nov 8 2010, 06:22 PM\']BTW, it seems as though Charlie was edited out of tonight's episode. I know Charlie announced the last set of Vegas episodes. Did he miss any of the last week?[/quote]
Because they don't want to have someone who died just a week ago announcing their shows, especially when the hosts paid tribute to him not three days previous?

Naw, far too logical. Must be something much more fanciful.
[/quote]
Saturday night's Wheel episode had Charlie announcing.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:50:49 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'250526\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 11:26 AM\']Saturday night's Wheel episode had Charlie announcing.[/quote]
Saturday night's shows are known repeats.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 03:11:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'250525\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 02:09 PM\'][quote name=\'gameshowcrazy\' post=\'250487\' date=\'Nov 8 2010, 06:22 PM\']BTW, it seems as though Charlie was edited out of tonight's episode. I know Charlie announced the last set of Vegas episodes. Did he miss any of the last week?[/quote]
Because they don't want to have someone who died just a week ago announcing their shows, especially when the hosts paid tribute to him not three days previous? Naw, far too logical. Must be something much more fanciful.[/quote]
I am reminded of exactly 25 years earlier, when The Price is Right aired the last of Johnny Olson's episodes that he had recorded before his passing. Nobody then felt it necessary to dub over the man's hard work, and only edited in some tributes.

What Wheel Of Fortune did...that was disrespect to the man's hard work, IMHO, when simply airing them unedited could have been an extended tribute. They could have simply put a disclaimer at the beginning along the lines of "Charlie O'Donnell recorded this episode prior to his untimely passing, and we feel that the best kind of tribute to his hard work and loyalty is to show the man's work unchanged."

The tribute last Friday was great; dubbing over Charlie's work was not.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:52:12 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 05:41:05 PM »
Pardon my ignorance if I'm way off base, but maybe some sponsor stuff changed, requiring some new recording by a new voice (and thus, producers not wanting Charlie + New Guy)? Could all the SPIN ID stuff be the culprit? I forget what part of that is known ahead of time, and what part is added later.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'250531\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 03:11 PM\']What Wheel Of Fortune did...that was a blatant show of disrespect to the man's hard work, IMHO, when simply airing them unedited could have been an extended tribute. They could have simply put a disclaimer at the beginning along the lines of "Charlie O'Donnell recorded this episode prior to his untimely passing, and we feel that the best kind of tribute to his hard work and loyalty is to show the man's work unchanged." My mother, who watches Wheel regularly, noticed the dubover and also felt it disrespectful.

The tribute last Friday was great; dubbing over Charlie's work was not.[/quote]
Must you blow every single game show related thing out of proportion? Johnny Gilbert's episodes started airing the same day Charlie died. People probably think that Johnny's eps. were done live, even though it was mere coincidence. Having to explain to people a week later why Charlie is announcing again will probably cause confusion, because again, a lot of people probably think Johnny did those shows right after Charlie died. A lot of extra work.

I'm sure the production staff considered every avenue, and found it more appropriate to simply insert Johnny's voice. If they truly wanted to disrespect Charlie O'Donnell, who they treated like a family member, do you think they would've done this?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GrandGame1440

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »
I'm also more in the line of thinking they should have left the Charlie's voice alone in those episodes.  Perhaps just adding something at the beginning about him having recorded these shows before his passing.  After all, TPiR had Johnny's voice on the show for over a month after his death.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'250542\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 02:42 PM\']Must you blow every single game show related thing out of proportion?[/quote]
You assume that he only confines it to game shows.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 06:44:08 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'250542\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 02:42 PM\']Must you blow every single game show related thing out of proportion?[/quote]Excuse me, sir. Dan Benfield does not blow things out of proportion. You're just underreacting.
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 07:04:41 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'250542\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 05:42 PM\']I'm sure the production staff considered every avenue, and found it more appropriate to simply insert Johnny's voice. If they truly wanted to disrespect Charlie O'Donnell, who they treated like a family member, do you think they would've done this?[/quote]
They did that tribute, and as I said before I respect that. I also understand that they want to move on from his death, but I don't think dubbing over episodes that he already taped (giving the impression that the show tapes in airing order and hence Charlie did zero past the Halloween week) was the answer. Leaving the audio alone with a pre-show disclaimer would have been the most logical and respectful route, IMHO.

[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'250541\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 04:41 PM\']Pardon my ignorance if I'm way off base, but maybe some sponsor stuff changed, requiring some new recording by a new voice (and thus, producers not wanting Charlie + New Guy)? Could all the SPIN ID stuff be the culprit? I forget what part of that is known ahead of time, and what part is added later.[/quote]
I recall reading on the Sony Boards (from those who have been to tapings) that the sponsor plugs and Spin I.D. are done either when the show is taped or shortly afterward.

[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'250545\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 06:44 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'250542\' date=\'Nov 9 2010, 02:42 PM\']Must you blow every single game show related thing out of proportion?[/quote]Excuse me, sir. Dan Benfield does not blow things out of proportion. You're just underreacting.[/quote]
Thanks for the vote of support. :p
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:25:25 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...