Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF "Guest" Announcer  (Read 2597 times)

stuincalif

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
Today is WOF's first taping since the passing of Charlie O.  My sources have informed me that Johnny Gilbert is not filling in today.  The "guest" announcer is....Rich Fields.

Hastin

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »
Good call, I do like Rich. I think that WoF would be a good fit.
-Hastin :)

tpirfan28

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:38:38 PM »
Indeed...good pick.  I'm not the biggest fan of his announcing style, but considering he'll be heard probably 1/10 as much as when he was on Price, it'll work.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

chad1m

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:39:12 PM »
With him admitting he applied to The Price is Right the moment he heard Rod Roddy's heart stop beating, I'm not surprised.

(And if you didn't believe Stu (shame on you!), Pat confirmed it.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:48:25 PM by chad1m »

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »
I actually think Rich will do well on WOF... Can't wait to hear.
--Matt

geno57

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »
There is something about Rich that really bugs me.  It could be his accent, although regional dialects don't usually bother me.  But there's a nasality there, that I have trouble listening to for long.

bandit_bobby

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
Rich was also my top pick to replace Charlie from the very beginning.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 09:17:11 PM »
With him admitting he applied to The Price is Right the moment he heard Rod Roddy's heart stop beating, I'm not surprised.
Episodes of WOF with Johnny Gilbert announcing were being fed last week. Charlie passed in his sleep Sunday night. I'll bet Rich made the call Monday as soon as he heard the news, they had a meeting Tuesday and made their decision and issued a press release Wednesday which was picked up today, Thursday. Give or take a day, this sounds about right.

My choice would be someone with the initials R.W. who wrote a book about J.O. (let your dirty minds work on that) and who would have the decency to wait for the body to get cold before approaching the producers.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:26:48 PM by chris319 »

LA the DJ

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'250259\' date=\'Nov 4 2010, 02:39 PM\']With him admitting he applied to The Price is Right the moment he heard Rod Roddy's heart stop beating, I'm not surprised.[/quote]

Say what you will about him, but that's business. You jump on every opportunity that opens up, no matter how unfortunate the circumstances. If you don't, someone else will.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:44:46 PM by LA the DJ »
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

BrandonFG

WOF "Guest" Announcer
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' post=\'250270\' date=\'Nov 4 2010, 06:35 PM\']There is something about Rich that really bugs me.  It could be his accent, although regional dialects don't usually bother me.  But there's a nasality there, that I have trouble listening to for long.[/quote]
I'm thinking with Wheel being a little less frenetic than Price, maybe we could hear a different side of Rich...

/Would love to hear Randy as well
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!