Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What will happen to Randy's old Whew! page?  (Read 1999 times)

wvoutlaw2002

What will happen to Randy's old Whew! page?
« on: November 22, 2003, 10:21:44 PM »
Since Mike Klauss is closing down tv-gameshows.com, what will become of Randy's old Whew! page? Will somebody else host it, or is it gone forever?

Casey Buck

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 10:44:45 PM »
[quote name=\'wvoutlaw2002\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 10:21 PM\'] Since Mike Klauss is closing down tv-gameshows.com, what will become of Randy's old Whew! page? Will somebody else host it, or is it gone forever? [/quote]
 Closing down?  There has been nothing on the tv-gameshows.com domain except for the simple index page since late September.

Thanks to Casey for posting the link.  Randy's page should at that URL for some time.  Anyhow, if something happens where I can't host it any longer (heaven forbid), I know at least a dozen capable individuals who I'd want to watch over Randy's pride and joy.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »
Mike,

I was just trying to check out Randy's Whew! page tonight and noticed it's down.  Is this temporary?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 01:29:47 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 10 2004, 05:44 AM\'] Mike,

I was just trying to check out Randy's Whew! page tonight and noticed it's down.  Is this temporary? [/quote]
 Hopefully, yes.

My personal domain hosting was removed by my ex-employers in early April.  They were just a tad slow on removing my site; I last worked for said company in June 2002.  To further compound the situation, mikeklauss.com expired in April as well, days after the hosting went kaput.  (The link mentioned earlier in the thread lasted for six months.  Doesn't that fit the definition of "some time"? :-P)

Right now, web pages are a very low priority in my life, because this is finals week, I don't work around computers as much as I did when I was a working stiff, and I don't have the expendable money I had when I was in the working world.  (Read:  I'm a poor college student.  Well, not poor, but at the same time, not in a financial position to pay $100+/year for a domain and web hosting for a site in which I cannot make one cent back.)

Will the site reappear?  Very likely.  Will it reappear in the next month or two?  Doubtful.

Terry K

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2004, 06:05:03 PM »
Mike: Contact me privately.  I'll get you set up with free hosting on my server.  Just get a domain and I'll host it