Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Deal or No Deal for GSN  (Read 5654 times)

xavier45

More Deal or No Deal for GSN
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:57:54 AM »
GSN's online program schedule shows that they now have the Syndie version of Deal or No Deal. It will air Weekdays at 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 7:00pm, and 7:30pm. The Primetime version will stay on at 1:00pm and 11:00pm. Other changes include new episodes of Catch 21 being moved to 4:30pm and its rerun at 8:30pm being replaced by Family Feud with Richard Karn.

BillCullen1

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:36:44 AM »
Given the success GSN has had with DoND, it's not surprising that they picked up the syndie version. I'm waiting for GSN to pick up the network version of 5th Grader.

rwalker

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:00:40 PM »
According to the PDF's some of the Catch 21 eps. are reruns.

Have they totally given up on it, and just burning off the "contract", perhaps?

bandit_bobby

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 05:33:22 PM »
I think new episodes for "Catch 21" will resume on November 1st, the same day when Sherri Shepherd's "The Newlywed Game" starts.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 04:13:06 PM »
At this point, I don't care anymore what GSN does. If they want to become the DOND network, fine by me. I've moved on.

J.R.

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 06:38:52 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'249614\' date=\'Oct 22 2010, 03:13 PM\']I've moved on.[/quote]
Yeah, I feel the same. At this point, I'm down to just the late night Pyramid hour and, occasionally, the Card Sharks hour after that (depends if Good Eats is on or not).
-Joe Raygor

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'249618\' date=\'Oct 22 2010, 05:38 PM\']Yeah, I feel the same. At this point, I'm down to just the late night Pyramid hour and, occasionally, the Card Sharks hour after that (depends if Good Eats is on or not).[/quote]

I don't even go that far anymore. I pretty much forgotten that GSN is on my carrier. Funny thing is, there was no one point that made me do it. I just...stopped.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

The Pyramids

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'250216\' date=\'Nov 3 2010, 09:45 PM\'][quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'249618\' date=\'Oct 22 2010, 05:38 PM\']Yeah, I feel the same. At this point, I'm down to just the late night Pyramid hour and, occasionally, the Card Sharks hour after that (depends if Good Eats is on or not).[/quote]

I don't even go that far anymore. I pretty much forgotten that GSN is on my carrier. Funny thing is, there was no one point that made me do it. I just...stopped.

The Inquisitive One
[/quote]

I have a similar story. Its not that I dislike 'The Newlywed Game' and 'Baggage'. Rather I just not in the habit of watching them. I also go tired of so much 'Family Feud' and 'Deal Or No Deal'.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »
Veering OT, my GSN story goes like this:  Back when they were still running the classic I've Got A Secret every overnight, I dutifully captured it on my TiVo.  As often as not, I wouldn't have any other scheduled recordings the next day, so every time I turned on my television, it was already tuned to GSN from the night before.  I didn't go out of my way to watch things like Catch 21 or Chain Reaction, but if I turned on the set and they were there, I'd sometimes watch.  Now that there's no single program that's driving me over to GSN, I don't tend to visit, especially since it all seems to be recent reruns that I saw -- or ignored -- the first time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 01:23:15 PM »
I finally turned the channel on last week just to have some background noise during breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised to find a MG rerun ('74 or '75? Gary Burghoff was in CNR's seat)...it reminded me of the late-90s when I'd sneak to the electronics section of department stores and switch over to GSN. The difference between now and then was that I could stay in the electronics section for hours. Now, MG and maybe Pyramid are the only shows that get my attention.

Didn't watch D/ND when it was on NBC, don't plan to start now. But hey, I understand them wanting to get the more relevant titles. If I'm in an old-school mood, there's always Youtube.

/Pop-up and squeeze-free!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 01:56:03 PM »
DVR of the Pyramid in the overnight, and that's about it.  Probably will dump that whole tier of channels after seeing the premiere of 1 vs 100 to save a few bucks a month.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »
Is Combs Feud on the schedule?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Ian Wallis

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »
Now that there's no single program that's driving me over to GSN, I don't tend to visit, especially since it all seems to be recent reruns that I saw -- or ignored -- the first time.

I feel the same way.  My story goes like this:  I had GSN on C-band satellite almost from the beginning - and hardly ever moved it to another channel!  It went off C-band in March 2004 and I haven't had it regularly since then - and I don't really miss it.  It's available here only on digital cable but I feel no need to rush out and get it.

Most of the "classic" stuff they air I've seen several times anyway, and much of the new stuff I'm just not that interested in.  Personally, I'd rather have at least half the day for shows I grew up with from the '70s and '80s rather than what they do air.  I guess it will never be what it was.

I do have a couple of friends who have digital and can watch it every now and then, and luckily I've been able to trade for anything important they've pulled out (like the '71 Password, for example).  Finds like that seem to be few and far between these days.

It was nice while it lasted though...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

The Pyramids

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'250461\' date=\'Nov 8 2010, 04:07 PM\']Is Combs Feud on the schedule?[/quote]

No it is not.

catnap1972

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 10:44:55 AM »
Bigger issue nowadays is they have technical crew that can't seem to get the aspect ratios right.  On a "correct" TV setting (black side bars on 4:3 shows), you'll find that many of GSN's shows now have the sides chopped off.  They may have an HD feed they're trying to show off but I don't know of any provider that offers it.