Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tvgameshowvault.com--at last it's coming to life  (Read 64590 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Tvgameshowvault.com--at last it's coming to life
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
TTD Theatre is now open. 5 more shows coming up later tonight and then we'll call it a weekend...

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2011, 03:28:50 AM »
The 1983 episode of Tic-Tac-Dough with Joan Diaz really made me uncomfortable at one point:

During Jack's rematch game, he is shown a promotional shot from Octopussy and told to name the James Bond film released in Summer 1983. Jack clearly asks Wink to clarify ("Summer of '83?"), but Wink ends up taking that as the guess. Being a rather major error on Wink's part, I was waiting for something during the remainder of the show to say he'd be coming back...but nothing.

(EDIT: I fully realize that he could've brought it up after the taping, as Travis suggested, and returned later on. I realized this when I made the post, but forgot to add it. No "righteous indignation" here.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:24:31 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2011, 02:40:35 PM »
Perhaps I'm a little touchy on the subject because I just spent yesterday helping my sister move and she has this irritating quirk where she refuses to speak English like a human being and getting useful information out of her is like pulling teeth. If the guy was unsure that the date on the card was correct then he should have asked about it, instead of "Summer of 83?" You're allowed to ask questions if you don't understand something or think that something's wrong. And for all you know, maybe he did bring it up afterward, and was brought back on a future episode.

But hey, that doesn't allow you to go on with your righteous indignation, does it.
Travis L. Eberle

jimlangefan

« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »
Wink mentioned this in his autobiography, he said the contestant was brought back.
TV's Big Dealer

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2011, 06:51:19 PM »
The thing is, it didn't seem to affect the outcome.  X was set two ways, and even if Jack had gotten the square and blocked, Joan won with the Tic-Tac-Dough Jack wasn't trying to block on that question anyhow.

It was an egregious mistake, sure, but I disagree that he should've been brought back given the circumstances.

SamPrainito

« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2011, 09:03:34 PM »
I just watched the episode of "Bullseye" and had two immediate thoughts:

1)  Jim Lange is a worse host than I remember.  

2)  They did something in that episode that's pretty common today, but still annoying: they went to a break in the middle of the bonus game, and will continue on the next show.  Why not let the bonus game play out, go to break, and then sign off with a shorter credit roll?  I'm assuming since this was only Show 6, they were still working out the timing and other kinks.  Did any other B&E shows ever do this?

dazztardly

« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2011, 03:48:31 PM »
I just watched the episode of "Bullseye" and had two immediate thoughts:

1)  Jim Lange is a worse host than I remember.  

2)  They did something in that episode that's pretty common today, but still annoying: they went to a break in the middle of the bonus game, and will continue on the next show.  Why not let the bonus game play out, go to break, and then sign off with a shorter credit roll?  I'm assuming since this was only Show 6, they were still working out the timing and other kinks.  Did any other B&E shows ever do this?

Play the Percentages did.

On Joker, when the lady broke the large handle in the endgame...did they cut to break?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »
On Joker, when the lady broke the large handle in the endgame...did they cut to break?

My impression was that it didn't make it to air.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

dazztardly

« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »

My impression was that it didn't make it to air.

-Jason

This one that did air, it just disengaged from the assembly.

There was another time, when it didn't make it to air. A contestant pulled the lever, actually snapping the plexiglas and causing the lights to trickle out while still lit.

MTCesquire

« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2011, 01:23:11 AM »
Question regarding the Dawson Feud ep posted:

That edit a few seconds after the first question was asked...was that how the show aired or was that done after being recorded off GSN?  I'm just curious.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »
Hi!

Back from vacation, and I've opened the new section: The Game Show Vault Scrapbook! I will be posting clips on this section exclusively, and will no longer post any new clips on the Youtube page.  
I've got a ton of clips that I've still got to encode into the player format, including stuff from TPiR, The Gong Show, and Treasure Hunt just to name a couple, so expect quite a bit more to be posted as the weekend arrives.
This page should be of special interest to those who just don't have the time or internet connections to enjoy the full episodes on the main page.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:17:04 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »