Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites  (Read 19910 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2003, 07:23:57 PM »
My one fear about this Bullseye development is that folks are going to complain about GSN's *choice* of episodes

Oh I can't wait to see what happens if GSN chooses 2 celebrity episodes. Oy.

::rolls eyes::

--Jamie (Who loves his subject line emoticons)

Brandon Brooks

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2003, 07:45:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 07:23 PM\'] Oh I can't wait to see what happens if GSN chooses 2 celebrity episodes. Oy.

::rolls eyes:: [/quote]
 I hope not.  I've only ever seen one episode of Bullseye - Celebrity Bullseye.  And it was about as interesting as watching paint dry.

I'm probably the only one here *not* happy to see it on the Feast.

Brandon Brooks

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2003, 08:29:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 07:45 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 07:23 PM\'] Oh I can't wait to see what happens if GSN chooses 2 celebrity episodes. Oy.

I hope not.  I've only ever seen one episode of Bullseye - Celebrity Bullseye.  And it was about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 Count me as the 2nd.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

inturnaround

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2003, 09:07:05 PM »
Though really it probably supplanted only WOF or FOF or another show seen often on GSN...so what's the problem? Let us have our fun.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

JMFabiano

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2003, 11:59:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 04:19 PM\'] As of 2000, the last time that someone thought to ask, the first 50 eps and the last 50 eps were converted to Digibeta already.   Considering that, near the End of Faux Pause' lifespan, they ran an episode from the middle of the run, I've got to think they've got most, if not all, of the run converted by now. [/quote]
 Ah yes, Faux Pause.  And those of you who remember my posts from 5 years ago, rest assured I haven't forgotten about the "evil" bumper they placed before the Bullseyes they showed.  (Nowhere as bad as FP vs. Hot Potato, though)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Dbacksfan12

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2003, 11:27:15 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 09:07 PM\'] Though really it probably supplanted only WOF or FOF or another show seen often on GSN...so what's the problem? Let us have our fun. [/quote]
 Brandon, nor myself never said you couldn't ever have fun.  We simply expressed our indifference towards Bullseye.

Learn the difference.
--Mark

David Lawrence

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2003, 09:29:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 07:45 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 07:23 PM\'] Oh I can't wait to see what happens if GSN chooses 2 celebrity episodes. Oy.

Brandon Brooks[/quote]
Count me as another who's less than thrilled to see Bullseye on the list.
I, too, have only seen a Celebrity edition. This was back when GSN had the Game of the Week. (I think Ernest Borgnine & Marla Gibbs were the guests.)
Watching Bullseye made me long to see another exciting episode of What's Going On instead.

Matt Ottinger

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2003, 10:40:13 AM »
[quote name=\'David Lawrence\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 10:29 AM\'] Watching Bullseye made me long to see another exciting episode of What's Going On instead. [/quote]
 Oh, now that's just MEAN!

Seriously, it's a harmless enough thing that Bullseye is showing up as one of twelve.  Believe me, I'm no fan either, I thought it was the weakest of the B&E quizzes.  Still, as I said before, I'm proud of the boys for successfully pulling off their stunt.

But next year guys, isn't it Bob Stewart's turn?  I'm thinking Go, personally.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2003, 11:29:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 08:40 AM\'] But next year guys, isn't it Bob Stewart's turn?  I'm thinking Go, personally. [/quote]
 Now THAT is what the hell I am talking ABOUT. :)

(Heh. Actually, is Whew! an option?)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Pyramid80

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2003, 11:30:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 09:40 AM\']
But next year guys, isn't it Bob Stewart's turn?  I'm thinking Go, personally.
[/quote]
 GO is what I tried for this year and voted for on a daily basis.  I only wish that it could see some light of day again.  Maybe everyone will come together next year and agree to GO for this show.

joshg

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2003, 12:00:10 PM »
Seriously, it's a harmless enough thing that Bullseye is showing up as one of twelve. Believe me, I'm no fan either, I thought it was the weakest of the B&E quizzes. Still, as I said before, I'm proud of the boys for successfully pulling off their stunt.

Count me in as faux excited to see Bullseye on the marathon. I'll fire up the TiVo for whatever episodes they offer, even if I have them somewhere in my largely uncataloged tape collection.

But next year guys, isn't it Bob Stewart's turn? I'm thinking Go, personally.

What about Go? Wasn't a favorite of mine, but it would be nice to see it again. How about that G-T show Now You See It? Granted the show changed formats almost every other week, but there's gotta be some redeeming qualities to it...

I have a sinking feeling I'm the only one keeping the light on in the Now You See It room...

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Ian Wallis

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2003, 12:26:46 PM »
What about Go? Wasn't a favorite of mine, but it would be nice to see it again. How about that G-T show Now You See It? Granted the show changed formats almost every other week, but there's gotta be some redeeming qualities to it...

I have a sinking feeling I'm the only one keeping the light on in the Now You See It room...

Personally I'd like to see "Break the Bank" again.  I think that was a pretty strong game, despite its short run.  I was hoping it would be a surprise entry this year, but I'm just as happy with "Bullseye".  It's nice to get at least a couple "off the schedule" shows for a change.

I'd just like to see *some* B&E show on the regular GSN schedule.  Maybe the unaired CBS "Joker's Wild" episodes would be nice, seeing it's made the Feast two years running, showing that there is an audience for this show...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Dbacksfan12

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2003, 12:38:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 10:40 AM\'] [quote name=\'David Lawrence\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 10:29 AM\'] Watching Bullseye made me long to see another exciting episode of What's Going On instead. [/quote]
Oh, now that's just MEAN!

Seriously, it's a harmless enough thing that Bullseye is showing up as one of twelve.  Believe me, I'm no fan either, I thought it was the weakest of the B&E quizzes.  Still, as I said before, I'm proud of the boys for successfully pulling off their stunt.

But next year guys, isn't it Bob Stewart's turn?  I'm thinking Go, personally. [/quote]
 At least  he didn't say Way Out Games.

Aside, I also voted for Go every day as well.
--Mark

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2003, 01:02:39 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Nov 24 2003, 10:00 AM\'] I have a sinking feeling I'm the only one keeping the light on in the Now You See It room...
 [/quote]
 Not so. I keep a RealVideo of an NYSI'75 open on the Desktops of both my work and home computers. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

joshg

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2003, 01:36:29 PM »

Not so. I keep a RealVideo of an NYSI'75 open on the Desktops of both my work and home computers. :)

Alright!! Two votes! Any more? I still think NYSI was a clever idea, they just never could figure out how to play it when Narz hosted. Although, I think they killed that 'swing chair' concept way too early... @:) The 1989 version finally settled on a format that didn't change during the run, plus it had those nifty hoop things on the set.

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...