Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites  (Read 19918 times)

inturnaround

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »
Wow. I'm stunned. Happily stunned, but still stunned.

Jimmy Owen had a great idea and I'm glad I and we jumped on the bandwagon. I took some heat from a few people for advocating the idea, but I don't care, we won!

Now let's plan for next year... :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 06:50:34 PM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

zachhoran

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2003, 07:06:44 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 04:44 PM\'] TJW? Bullseye? That's all I need to hear...

I had a feeling Bullseye would make it. But I'm still a little surprised at TJW, considering there seemed to be less of an effort to vote for that this year. Maybe they got a hold of some Cullen episodes (judging by the promo)... [/quote]
 They've always had the whole 1977-86 run of Joker(but certain seasons have not yet been aired, including the 1984-85 Cullen season, but the first two-thirds of the 1985-86 season aired in 1998-99). They've had the 1972-75 CBS shows since the tapes were found at WCBS three years ago(though it was reported before that that they had the 1974-75 CBS season)

whampyl03

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2003, 07:16:38 PM »
Whammy!
Let's Make A Deal
Joker's Wild
Bullseye
Russian Roulette
Match Game
Lingo
Friend or Foe?
Press Your Luck
Family Feud
Card Sharks
Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

That's a feast worth watching!  I better get a tape ready!

But I am afraid that we'll probably get the 2 celeb shows, since they're the only ones converted to DigiBeta, AFAIK. Oh well, better than nothing.

I thought they converted the 1st 50 to digibeta.  Must be my mistake.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 07:40:58 PM by whampyl03 »

chuckwooleryfan

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2003, 08:20:55 PM »
Impressive lineup to say the least. I had a feeling that shows like Family Feud, Match Game, Press Your Luck, WWTBAM?, and some of the GSN originals would make the list.

Naturally, the biggest surprise to me is the inclusion of Bullseye. I had virtually given that show no chance of making the top 12, but obviously the plan set forth by the game show diehards worked (just like with TJW and TTD one year ago). Kinda like what Matt said...

But hey, why should I say anything? I've never seen Bullseye before. Honest!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 08:22:01 PM by chuckwooleryfan »

Chelsea Thrasher

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2003, 09:59:20 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 06:16 PM\'] I thought they converted the 1st 50 to digibeta.  Must be my mistake. [/quote]
 Does no one ever listen to me?  :-P

They, as of 2000, had converted the first 50 and last 50 to Digibeta.  In Addition, at least one ep from Mid-1981 has been converted, as it aired in GSN's "Faux Pause"

At the VERY least, they have 101 eps to choose from...

johnnya2k3

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2003, 02:45:35 AM »
"WWTBAM" will be Carpenter's win, no doubt.

Nope; I'm hoping it'll be the $2,180,000 episode (when Kevin Olmstead won that amount, making him the all-time game show winner)

Family Feud is back on the list; let's hope they'll show the infamous "September" episode this time (if they included Family Fortunes, "Turkey").

As for PYL...I don't know whether or not they'll show the Larsen saga, but Jim Hess' outburst might make it (ditto for Jeff on Friend or Foe).

Too bad Newlywed Game didn't make it again (love to see that ONE episode with that ONE response that'll be forever embedded in Bob Eubanks' brain) as well as Hollywood Squares ("You Fool!", anyone?), any of the Passwords, Pyramid, the other lesser-known Bob Stewart/B&E shows (Double Talk, Play the Percentages, Hot Potato) or Child's Play (I'd love to see what a cute little thing Tara Reid was like 20 years ago).

At least one of the Whammy episodes might be the "Larson Rematch".

Jonathan Allen

ilb4ever2000

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2003, 03:18:29 AM »
They've always had the whole 1977-86 run of Joker(but certain seasons have not yet been aired, including the 1984-85 Cullen season, but the first two-thirds of the 1985-86 season aired in 1998-99). They've had the 1972-75 CBS shows since the tapes were found at WCBS three years ago(though it was reported before that that they had the 1974-75 CBS season)

Yes, I know that. But GSN's relationship with Sony now doesn't allow for immediate access to every episode.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2003, 09:01:29 AM »
The shot at seeing some longlost Joker and Bullseye makes it worth upgrading the 12-hor TiVo recording from "Medium" to "High" quality, in my book. :)
@lambertman

Mario500

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2003, 01:15:20 PM »
Still smiling since yesterday!

bandit_bobby

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2003, 01:36:40 PM »
Predicitions for the episodes:

Whammy: The Car Win Episode and the TOC Final.
Russian Roulette: Two of the 3 $100,000 wins(Maybe one of them will be the only one from the second season).
Lingo: The bonus round with only one ball in tow episode and maybe the April Fool's Day episode.
Friend or Foe: One of the two should be one of the two big wins from the enitre run.
LMAD: Maybe they'll show the first Super Deal Win or the one that Monty Hall said was his favorite(A $29K+ Win that included a Cadillac).
Joker's Wild: I have a hunch they'll show the finals of the $1,000,000 Tournament again.
Bullseye: Never saw it, so I don't know.
Press Your Luck: I don't know either.
Family Feud: Maybe one of them will be the one where the Rezzos win over $34K.
Card Sharks: Both probably Eubanks episodes. I hope one of them will be the one where a lady becomes the first to win 3 cars.
WWTBAM: $1,000,000 win episodes; one MUST be Carpenter's.

curtking

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2003, 05:21:47 PM »
Forgive me if this is a dumb question:

Is there any evidence that GSN will play particular episodes of any show?  I'd love to see the best-of-the-best, so to speak, but I suspect that they'll show run-of-the-mill episodes.

Or am I wrong?

uncamark

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2003, 06:27:25 PM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 05:21 PM\']Forgive me if this is a dumb question:

Is there any evidence that GSN will play particular episodes of any show?  I'd love to see the best-of-the-best, so to speak, but I suspect that they'll show run-of-the-mill episodes.

Or am I wrong?[/quote]
Depends.

Last year, the "TTD" shows we saw were Thom McKee's last two shows.  The "TJW" shows were the last two $1,000,000 tourney shows.  I don't remember what "Feud" and "MG" shows were shown.

On the other hand, the "Wheel" shows were one NYC show and something else from '88-89--but if that's all Sony's going to give them nowadays...

Matt Ottinger

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2003, 06:38:20 PM »
Some of the shows from last year's marathon appeared to be "special" (Thom McKee on TTD, a Joker's Wild tournament) but others were just regular episodes.  By predicting (or just wishing for) certain episodes, these guys can either 1) say "I told you so" when they do come up or 2) complain about how lousy GSN is when they don't.

My one fear about this Bullseye development is that folks are going to complain about GSN's *choice* of episodes.  ("Why did they air that one again?  I've had it in my collection since the first time they aired it on July 25, 1999!")
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2003, 06:53:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 04:38 PM\'] My one fear about this Bullseye development is that folks are going to complain about GSN's *choice* of episodes.  ("Why did they air that one again?  I've had it in my collection since the first time they aired it on July 25, 1999!") [/quote]
 Oh, you bet they will. Then they will bitch some more when a lineup change happens and there STILL aren's any B&E games in it. "But we voted for it in the FoF! Don't these people LISTEN?"

You bet your ass they do. So be glad they give you whatever you get.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2003, 07:18:10 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 06:27 PM\']

Last year, the "TTD" shows we saw were Thom McKee's last two shows.  The "TJW" shows were the last two $1,000,000 tourney shows.  I don't remember what "Feud" and "MG" shows were shown.

On the other hand, the "Wheel" shows were one NYC show and something else from '88-89--but if that's all Sony's going to give them nowadays... [/quote]
 Last year's Feud "Feast" shows were Hedges v. Park from c. 1980, and a 1976 episode with the Frog and Alligator answers for "Name a three-letter animal" in Fast Money. The first MG show was from 1974 with Steve Allen, Brett, Charles, Fannie, Richard, and Kaye Ballard(this coming from a Google search). No word of what the second MG episode was last year.

LMAD "Feast" last year was one 1984-85 episode and one 70s syndie episode.

Roulette last year both featured $100K wins(I think from the first cycle of episodes)

PYL featured one of Gene Snyder's two episodes and the episode in which Chris becomes the first five time champion in PYL history(the latest episode in the first batch of 199 they acquired)

Pyramid featured MG McCormack's <30 second $100K win from 1987 and the 4/4/88 return episode of CBS $25K.