Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feast of Favorites  (Read 19433 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Feast of Favorites
« on: November 21, 2003, 10:24:44 AM »
We will have some smiling faces here:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031121/laf001_1.html

Whammy!              
Let's Make A Deal          
Joker's Wild            
Bullseye        
Russian Roulette      
Match Game
Lingo            
Friend or Foe?    
Press Your Luck      
Family Feud    
Card Sharks        
Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

My thoughts:

Bullseye being on there proves that there's power in numbers. I'm thrilled that I finally get to see the game of strategy, luck, and knowledge again.

WWTBAM: this was a shoe-in.

PYL: Larson eps again, anyone?

CS: WHAT???!!!! This is the real shocker. Maybe we'll get to see Norma shoot the works on Perry's version.

FOF?: Eh. Not a fan, but I got Bullseye, so I can live with this.

Lingo: Of course.

TJW: This should send a message to GSN. Even with a huge chunk of votes going to Bullseye, it's still there.

MG: I'll bet this is #1.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Feast of Favorites
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 10:28:19 AM »
Bullseye

Damn right Bullseye made it!

tee hee. This is absolutely smashing. ^_^

--Jamie

zachhoran

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 10:31:40 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 10:24 AM\'] We will have some smiling faces here:

Whammy!              
Let's Make A Deal          
Joker's Wild            
Bullseye        
Russian Roulette      
Match Game
Lingo            
Friend or Foe?    
Press Your Luck      
Family Feud    
Card Sharks        

My thoughts:

Bullseye being on there proves that there's power in numbers. I'm thrilled that I finally get to see the game of strategy, luck, and knowledge again.

CS: WHAT???!!!! This is the real shocker. Maybe we'll get to see Norma shoot the works on Perry's version.

TJW: This should send a message to GSN. Even with a huge chunk of votes going to Bullseye, it's still there.

MG: I'll bet this is #1. [/quote]
 No TTD, and more surprisingly, no Wheel or Pyramid this year. I can't believe Roulette and Foe got into the top 12(despite having roughly a year of perpetual reruns). I'm betting it was this board who almost singlehandedly got Bullseye into the top 12. Nice to see TJW again, too.

Matt Ottinger

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2003, 10:37:24 AM »
Congratulations to the Bullseye fans who pulled off THAT nifty little trick.  I really didn't think you could do it.  I'm not exactly sure what it means (mostly, I think it means not nearly as many people are taking part in their polling than I originally would have guessed), but enjoy your Thanksgiving treat!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2003, 10:44:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 10:37 AM\'] Congratulations to the Bullseye fans who pulled off THAT nifty little trick.  I really didn't think you could do it.  I'm not exactly sure what it means (mostly, I think it means not nearly as many people are taking part in their polling than I originally would have guessed), but enjoy your Thanksgiving treat! [/quote]
 I think Bumper Stumpers finished 16th or 17th last year, so this board probably came close to pulling a similar trick last year. Maybe someone at the GSN boards will post the full list, so we can see if other lesser known shows came close to making the cut.

Chelsea Thrasher

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2003, 11:18:30 AM »
Congratulations to the Bullseye fans who pulled off THAT nifty little trick. I really didn't think you could do it. I'm not exactly sure what it means (mostly, I think it means not nearly as many people are taking part in their polling than I originally would have guessed), but enjoy your Thanksgiving treat!

Or, perhaps, maybe, just maybe, considering that Bullseye has been a consistent top 20 (even last year, without the voting blocs), that maybe there's a decent crop of people (30+'ers, and those who remember when it DID run on USA) that actually remember the show, and want to see it again (Or perhaps they thought it was a darts game or somethng)

Matt Ottinger

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 11:32:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 12:18 PM\'] Or, perhaps, maybe, just maybe, considering that Bullseye has been a consistent top 20 (even last year, without the voting blocs), that maybe there's a decent crop of people (30+'ers, and those who remember when it DID run on USA) that actually remember the show, and want to see it again [/quote]
 Sorry, I just can't see that.  It's just not possible for me to imagine that a show that's been off the air for twenty years, and wasn't ALL that successful in its original run, would be the fan favorite in the general population over Wheel, Jeopardy, Hollywood Squares, Tic Tac Dough and about fifty other shows I can think of.  (It's also hard for me to accept that true game show fans would pick the GSN originals over those shows, but that's another issue.)

Don't misunderstand, I'm proud and impressed (and more than a little amused) that the "fanboys" came through.  But I'm saying that it's a less organized but still rabidly faithful bunch of fanboys that put Bullseye in the running last time, and the organized effort is almost certainly what put it over the top this time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Timsterino

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 11:34:15 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 11:24 AM\'] We will have some smiling faces here:

Whammy!              
Let's Make A Deal          
Joker's Wild            
Bullseye        
Russian Roulette      
Match Game
Lingo            
Friend or Foe?    
Press Your Luck      
Family Feud    
Card Sharks        

My thoughts:

MG: I'll bet this is #1. [/quote]
 My thoughts:

I am happy to hear about Bullseye & The Joker's Wild. It is always nice to see shows that are not on the normal rotation making the cut.

I am not surprised but still happy to see Millionaire, Match Game, Family Feud, Let's Make a Deal, Press Your Luck. I bet Match Game is #1 as well.

Friend or Foe? and Russian Roulette is a bit shocking for me to see on this list but it shows that the Originals definitely still have a fan base.

Lingo and Whammy! are my favorite Originals and I am always happy to see them. For Lingo I hope they give us a sneak peak at new episodes and for Whammy! I hope they renew it but I am not that hopeful. We will probably see the ToC episode or the Losers episode again.

Tim :-)

Blanquepage

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 11:47:29 AM »
Sorry, I just can't see that. It's just not possible for me to imagine that a show that's been off the air for twenty years, and wasn't ALL that successful in its original run, would be the fan favorite in the general population over Wheel, Jeopardy, Hollywood Squares, Tic Tac Dough and about fifty other shows I can think of.

I agree, actually. The only reason Bullseye made it was because of a unified effort to get it there. In addition, I know some people even rallied friends, family, and co-workers to vote, even if those people didn't give a flying toss about the whole thing. Seeing as how it made #16 without our strategy this year, all we needed was that little extra force to put it over the top.

Right well what shall we do for next year? Break the Bank or Chain Reaction, anyone? -_^

--Jamie

uncamark

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 03:02:44 PM »
I am impressed.  Congratulations.

But I am afraid that we'll probably get the 2 celeb shows, since they're the only ones converted to DigiBeta, AFAIK.  Oh well, better than nothing.

"WWTBAM" will be Carpenter's win, no doubt.

And I'm guessing one Perry, one Eubanks for "CS."

Blanquepage

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2003, 03:09:51 PM »
But I am afraid that we'll probably get the 2 celeb shows, since they're the only ones converted to DigiBeta, AFAIK

Nah, actually GSN has civilian eps. converted as well. They've already aired eps. 2-6 (but have skipped the premiere for some reason, despite showing brief clips in their premiere day montage.)

In addition, they showed a 1981 episode on Faux Pause as well, so I'd bet they've at least had the first season converted.

For that matter, they probably have the full run finally converted. It's only been 9 years after all. :-P

--Jamie

HSquares2003

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2003, 03:27:03 PM »
Now I can go get a new vcr today after reading this one! Cool, maybe GSN is heading in the right direction after all. You have to admit, we will probably see some B&E shows back on the schedule in '04.

Oh, the reason I need a vcr is that my DVR is filled up with TPIR shows that need dubbed over to tape(and my vcr became a tape eater, they just don't make em like they use to!).

Does that qualify as a game show junkie?

Jay Temple

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2003, 03:56:52 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 02:27 PM\'] Now I can go get a new vcr today after reading this one!

Does that qualify as a game show junkie? [/quote]
 This statement alone means that the answer is yes.  (And welcome to the club!)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Chelsea Thrasher

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2003, 04:19:50 PM »
As of 2000, the last time that someone thought to ask, the first 50 eps and the last 50 eps were converted to Digibeta already.   Considering that, near the End of Faux Pause' lifespan, they ran an episode from the middle of the run, I've got to think they've got most, if not all, of the run converted by now.

ilb4ever2000

Feast of Favorites
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2003, 04:44:35 PM »
TJW? Bullseye? That's all I need to hear...

I had a feeling Bullseye would make it. But I'm still a little surprised at TJW, considering there seemed to be less of an effort to vote for that this year. Maybe they got a hold of some Cullen episodes (judging by the promo)...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 04:49:58 PM by ilb4ever2000 »