Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are the GSN boards worthwhile?  (Read 25964 times)

HSquares2003

Are the GSN boards worthwhile?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2003, 01:17:48 PM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Nov 20 2003, 08:43 PM\']
I'm 17, but I think that there are some people here that are even younger than myself.

Yep.  Yours truely is a tender 15 years of age.

I haven't been there for a while, and for good reason.  The censorship over there is close to tyrannical.  At least I can speak my mind here, and wake up tomorrow morning not banned. (Pending that all rules are followed.)  That, and with the overflow of trolls (Or folks who can't type in a understandable manner) over there, the intelligence level seems to have taken a steady dip. (Not saying that there isn't intelligent folks over there, there's still plenty.)  

Personally, looking at the board now-a-days, I've never been happier to leave that rat trap. [/quote]
 Yeah really, when a certain few criticized the video games block, they were banned for that. And if somebody is critcizing the lineup of programs, and what Bob Boden should acquire, them's fightin' words too!

Tommy Gun

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2003, 02:33:15 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 01:14 PM\'] You forgot the "I agree, thanks for the info :D :D :D" guy that has over 20,000 posts and his own awards gig every year(hint hint, the Tommy's are coming!) [/quote]
 Oh, come on, the Tommy awards are just for fun.  He didn't even name them that, and it's not like he picks who wins.  It was just a bunch of polls that he started, and someone else started calling them the Tommy awards.  Why does everything have to be so serious all the time?

melman1

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2003, 02:57:04 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 20 2003, 04:22 PM\'] Someone posted a comment just this afternoon that a GSN employee informed him that the Feast of Favorites lineup will NOT be preannounced... the phony lineup that escaped last week just being a slip-up by a programmer somewhere.
 [/quote]
And then today, they announced the FoF lineup in a press release (which I don't see on GSN's site anywhere).

This is just Communications 101, to the small community of fans that might actually care what they air.  Face it, any network that airs old TV is gonna have a collector community that wants to know what they're up to.  But GSN just doesn't act like they care.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 05:15:34 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

HSquares2003

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2003, 03:07:52 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 02:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 20 2003, 04:22 PM\'] Someone posted a comment just this afternoon that a GSN employee informed him that the Feast of Favorites lineup will NOT be preannounced... the phony lineup that escaped last week just being a slip-up by a programmer somewhere.
 [/quote]
And then today, they announced the lineup through in a press release (which I don't see on GSN's site anywhere).

This is just Communications 101, to the small community of fans that might actually care what they air.  Face it, any network that airs old TV is gonna have a collector community that wants to know what they're up to.  But GSN just doesn't act like they care. [/quote]
 You left out some info, did they announce the lineup through January?(you only put through, I didn't quite comprehend your post)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2003, 03:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 01:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 20 2003, 04:22 PM\'] Someone posted a comment just this afternoon that a GSN employee informed him that the Feast of Favorites lineup will NOT be preannounced... the phony lineup that escaped last week just being a slip-up by a programmer somewhere.
 [/quote]
And then today, they announced the lineup through in a press release (which I don't see on GSN's site anywhere).

This is just Communications 101, to the small community of fans that might actually care what they air.  Face it, any network that airs old TV is gonna have a collector community that wants to know what they're up to.  But GSN just doesn't act like they care. [/quote]
Meanwhile, here's the press release (through Yahoo)--just in case you didn't see it elsewhere:

Feast of Favorites 2003 Lineup

One interesting show in the top 12 (which may be worthy of its own thread).

Doug -- soon to celebrate 200 posts (not to mention one year away from the cesspool CURRENTLY known as ATGS)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 03:36:57 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2003, 03:59:28 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 03:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 01:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Nov 20 2003, 04:22 PM\'] Someone posted a comment just this afternoon that a GSN employee informed him that the Feast of Favorites lineup will NOT be preannounced... the phony lineup that escaped last week just being a slip-up by a programmer somewhere.
 [/quote]

Meanwhile, here's the press release (through Yahoo)--just in case you didn't see it elsewhere:

Feast of Favorites 2003 Lineup

One interesting show in the top 12 (which may be worthy of its own thread).

Doug -- soon to celebrate 200 posts (not to mention one year away from the cesspool CURRENTLY known as ATGS) [/quote]
 I noticed that the quote from the "winner" was nearly identical to last year.  As someone asked last year; who talks like that?!?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

melman1

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2003, 05:16:22 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 21 2003, 01:07 PM\'] You left out some info, did they announce the lineup through January?(you only put through, I didn't quite comprehend your post) [/quote]
 I didn't comprehend it either.  Post has been edited to clarify.  Sorry.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

starsfan54

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2003, 10:09:21 PM »
As a veteran of the GSN boards, I can honestly say that, even though today is my first day over here, these boards are more civilized. But, despite what others are saying, the GSN boards are still a fairly good place to visit.

I've been there for almost 2 years now and I still visit it quite frequently and after all that time, I can say that yes, there are a number of people over there that shouldn't be there for one reason or another, but there are still a bunch of intelligent people that post a number of great topics and insights. (brettio73, sshuffield70, blanketyblank, TheKid, Tom3, matchgame1977, and Wren2710 immediately come to mind, although I'm probably leaving several other people that should be on this list out)

davemackey

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2003, 04:10:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Nov 20 2003, 01:48 PM\'] A lot of their numbers are busy playing the interactive games, and a small handful of their members seem compelled to post something in every single thread, no matter how meaningless.
 [/quote]
I AGREE :D

(20,450 old board posts)

Seriously, we had some yahoo who was doing that over at ATGS near the end (might have been Grant, might have been Harvey)... which actually proved to open my eyes to a lot of what that GSN board is.

I try posting there from time to time and find I'm generally lost in the noise. So if you want to go there to try to shake the trees, as it were, you probably wouldn't loosen some of those coconuts.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 04:10:37 AM by davemackey »

joelvanderveen

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2003, 09:55:34 AM »
If we are still looking for the youngest board member.. I'm 14.

EDIT: I checked it out and totally had forgotten about the long signatures around there. Every other person has at least one picture in their signature and if they have posted a lot in a certain thread then it really gets tiring to have to go through a picture of Peter Tomarken or whoever to read what they have to say. And then, usually, it is disappointing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 10:02:20 AM by joelvanderveen »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2003, 10:54:33 AM »
The day Rod passed away, one of the posters over there said that he'd seen it on the news, but HAD TO COME TO THE GSN BOARDS TO SEE IF IT WAS REALLY TRUE.

I literally have stopped and shaken my head every day since then.
@lambertman

chuckwooleryfan

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2003, 11:03:52 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Nov 22 2003, 10:54 AM\'] The day Rod passed away, one of the posters over there said that he'd seen it on the news, but HAD TO COME TO THE GSN BOARDS TO SEE IF IT WAS REALLY TRUE.

I literally have stopped and shaken my head every day since then. [/quote]
 Hmmm... I'd probably feel the same way if I had seen that post.

JMFabiano

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2003, 11:53:02 PM »
My reason for turning to the GSF rather than the GSN boards is pretty much why I stopped posting on ATGS.  Inevitably, most of it became complaining about the channel (in the case of ATGS, we WERE in the Fleming regime, so I guess it was to be expected.  And now...you know)  Which gets to be a downer, despite how true it may be.  

And I just looked at the FOF results...yes I marked out when I saw the "interesting" entry.  So long as it doesn't come from its last year (if you know what I mean), it should be interesting...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2003, 01:33:56 AM »
Then in another thread I saw three HUGE signatured gifs of some head-shaved idiot making the "hard core rock-n-roll" gestures who I can only assume is Iann Robinson based on the poster's undying love for same.

Oh yes... haven't I had quite the run in with him.

One reason I don't like the GSn boards is because he is NEVER censored and I have been a few times. he constantly bashes TPIR for no good reason, and everytime I try to explain something, he'll write that I'm a liar, I don't know anything, and that I need to stop making attacks on him because he didn't ask for my opinion (even if he didn;t start that thread). And this same guy I'm pretty sure has appeared on other boards too, cause he uses the phrase "that totally reeks of awsomeness" and I never forgot that phrase- cause it's incredibly stupid. Anyway, after posting at GSn, I have come to appreciate this board much, much more.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 01:34:29 AM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

JMFabiano

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2003, 01:37:13 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Nov 23 2003, 01:33 AM\'] And this same guy I'm pretty sure has appeared on other boards too, cause he uses the phrase "that totally reeks of awsomeness" and I never forgot that phrase- cause it's incredibly stupid. [/quote]
 Adam Copeland's not going to like that ;-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.