Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "CHiPs" Season Two  (Read 1386 times)

TimK2003

"CHiPs" Season Two
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:20:35 AM »
I borrowed "CHiPs":Season 2 from the library over the weekend.  It is a very interesting box set in the fact that in the handful of episodes I have seen, there has been quite a list of appearances or cameos from various game show-related people -- And I'm pretty sure that ALL of the following were "before they were game-show-famous" :

HOSTS:
Danny Bonaduce & Christopher Knight (both in the same episode)

ANNOUNCERS:

M.G. Kelly

MODELS/ASSISTANTS:
K.C. Winkler & Markie Post (both in the same episode -- though Markie was already working "behind the scenes" for Hatos/Hall & Goodson/Todman, I believe this was her first credited on-camera appearance before she was a card assistant on Card Sharks).

And Season Two of CHiPs also brought us Brianne Leary -- in between her Match Game stints as civilian contestant and celebrity panelist!

Just an interesting observation...FWIW.

Jay Temple

"CHiPs" Season Two
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
I'll piggyback on this. I recently gave my mom the first season of Fantasy Island. There are no small number of guest stars who were celebs on game shows. Of particular note, though, was a story from either the first or second episode with George Maharis and Adrienne Barbeau, who faced each other on Cullen's $25,000 Pyramid. That was the only instance of two people who weren't otherwise associated doing both. (Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows did an episode of FI and faced each other on $10KP and P+, but they were married.) One other pair of celebs, Maharis and Elaine Joyce, faced each other on Pyramid and were in the same ep of FI but in separate story lines.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.