Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo ToC winners announced - nice work, GSN  (Read 4501 times)

dzinkin

Lingo ToC winners announced - nice work, GSN
« on: November 18, 2003, 05:38:08 PM »
No, I'm not going to say who they are or post the picture.  But if Game Show Network's executives were hoping for some measure of suspense with the upcoming Lingo Tournament of Champions, they screwed up.  The 11/3/03 issue of Multichannel News -- which is sitting right next to me as I type this -- names the winners and what they won, and has a photo of the winners with Chuck.

<sarcasm> Nice work, guys. </sarcasm>

- David

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 06:45:20 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 05:38 PM\'] No, I'm not going to say who they are or post the picture.  But if Game Show Network's executives were hoping for some measure of suspense with the upcoming Lingo Tournament of Champions, they screwed up.  The 11/3/03 issue of Multichannel News -- which is sitting right next to me as I type this -- names the winners and what they won, and has a photo of the winners with Chuck.

- David [/quote]
 THe third season of shows doesn't begin for 13 days(save for the California-election theme episode aired last month), and they spoil this already. Wow. When will the tournament air I wonder? Feb. Sweeps I would guess.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 07:51:47 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 03:38 PM\'] The 11/3/03 issue of Multichannel News -- which is sitting right next to me as I type this -- names the winners and what they won, and has a photo of the winners with Chuck.

[/quote]
 While I see your point, you have to admit that Multichannel News isn't exactly a mass-market publication. I would guess that the majority of Lingo's viewership doesn't even know it exists.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 08:17:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 07:51 PM\'] While I see your point, you have to admit that Multichannel News isn't exactly a mass-market publication. I would guess that the majority of Lingo's viewership doesn't even know it exists. [/quote]
 Good point, Chris... as usual. :-)  Still would have been nice not to know ahead of time... but I guess reading the trades comes with that kind of risk.

- David

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 09:25:43 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 08:17 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 07:51 PM\'] While I see your point, you have to admit that Multichannel News isn't exactly a mass-market publication. I would guess that the majority of Lingo's viewership doesn't even know it exists. [/quote]
Good point, Chris... as usual. :-)  Still would have been nice not to know ahead of time... but I guess reading the trades comes with that kind of risk.[/quote]
But it sounds something that Harry Shearer might want to make fun of on his "I Read the Trades" bits on his weekly public radio hour of comedy and offbeat music "Le Show."

As if that many GSN viewers are also public radio listeners.