Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: iPod touch/iPhone trivia apps  (Read 2033 times)

SuperMatch93

iPod touch/iPhone trivia apps
« on: July 07, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »
What trivia apps for the iPod touch would you recommend that are more difficult than most of the pop culture ones (to help studying for high school quizbowl) and are general knowledge focused?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »
My co-worker has iAssociate for the iPad. Insanely addicting. :-)

It's more or less a word association game very reminiscent of Chain Reaction.  However, instead of a top and bottom word with five in between, the words branch out, and you end up getting what looks like a family tree, but it's very fun and requires you to think outside the box.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

LA the DJ

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 05:20:25 AM »
Qrank is a fun, addictive daily quiz on iPhone and Facebook. Pretty well rounded quizzer. Categories include entertainment, sports, science and technology, literature, history and places, government and business, and life. It can only be played once a day, but it includes up-to-date current events questions, as well.
Get Qrank'd
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

sotcfan2004

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »
Personally, I like That Ain't It. It reminds me a lot of Trivia Trap (picking the 1 answer out of 4 that is incorrect).  Well worth it.  That Ain't It

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
[quote name=\'LA the DJ\' post=\'243875\' date=\'Jul 9 2010, 04:20 AM\']Qrank is a fun, addictive daily quiz on iPhone and Facebook. Pretty well rounded quizzer. Categories include entertainment, sports, science and technology, literature, history and places, government and business, and life. It can only be played once a day, but it includes up-to-date current events questions, as well.
Get Qrank'd[/quote]
I love this game. The questions are pretty challenging, and the one-a-day factor keeps people from replaying and boasting a high score it took them 7 games to achieve. Another nice thing is that the questions that are current events are specifically marked with a leaf on their square, so those who read the newspaper/watch the news get a leg up.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

goongas

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 03:45:42 PM »
QuizQuizQuiz is a pretty good game.   That Ain't It is also very good, but it gets pretty obscure once you get to the hard questions, and they wouldn't normally ask questions like that for quiz bowl.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:46:48 PM by goongas »