Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Emeril's Game Show Pilot Taped, But...  (Read 1425 times)

William A. Padron

Emeril's Game Show Pilot Taped, But...
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
Well, the pilot for the proposed cooking-themed game show hosted by Emeril Lagasse, and seen as a possible replacement to CBS-TV's cancelled As The World Turns, was taped yesterday (Tuesday 6/15/2010) at a midtown Manhattan studio.  However, check this online article from this morning's New York Daily News in regards to the story that there were none-too-thrilled turnaways on the line to get inside the studio.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/0...or_nothing.html
[Take The "A" Train]

Mr. Game Show

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »
[quote name=\'William A. Padron\' post=\'242555\' date=\'Jun 16 2010, 10:24 AM\']Well, the pilot for the proposed cooking-themed game show hosted by Emeril Lagasse, and seen as a possible replacement to CBS-TV's cancelled As The World Turns, was taped yesterday (Tuesday 6/15/2010) at a midtown Manhattan studio.  However, check this online article from this morning's New York Daily News in regards to the story that there were none-too-thrilled turnaways on the line to get inside the studio.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/0...or_nothing.html[/quote]

Hi William !

Thanks for the post. I heard they were taping on 6/15.... so we know Emeril's Pilot is done, and we know it was not taped at the CBS Broadcast Center. Based on the West 26th street location, it was probably Chelsea Television Studios. Too bad they way overbooked the audience. 150 Audience members sounds a bit small. Perhaps they had many VIP Guests. If the show goes to series, hopefully they will be invited back.

Did anyone attend the taping ? I'm curious to hear how much competition Pyramid has, other than Julie Chen.

RyanCDN

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:30:57 PM »
[quote name=\'William A. Padron\' post=\'242555\' date=\'Jun 16 2010, 09:24 AM\']Well, the pilot for the proposed cooking-themed game show hosted by Emeril Lagasse, and seen as a possible replacement to CBS-TV's cancelled As The World Turns, was taped yesterday (Tuesday 6/15/2010) at a midtown Manhattan studio.  However, check this online article from this morning's New York Daily News in regards to the story that there were none-too-thrilled turnaways on the line to get inside the studio.

I don't know, own up to not reading the information carefully.  I remember attending tapings for Millionaire, where it was stated just because I had a ticket, didn't mean I was guaranteed entrance for the taping.  It was recommended to show up early to ensure we would be part of the taping.

It does suck that people come from some far distances to be there, but what can you do.

-Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

Mr. Game Show

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
[quote name=\'RyanCDN\' post=\'242570\' date=\'Jun 16 2010, 02:30 PM\'][quote name=\'William A. Padron\' post=\'242555\' date=\'Jun 16 2010, 09:24 AM\']Well, the pilot for the proposed cooking-themed game show hosted by Emeril Lagasse, and seen as a possible replacement to CBS-TV's cancelled As The World Turns, was taped yesterday (Tuesday 6/15/2010) at a midtown Manhattan studio.  However, check this online article from this morning's New York Daily News in regards to the story that there were none-too-thrilled turnaways on the line to get inside the studio.

I don't know, own up to not reading the information carefully.  I remember attending tapings for Millionaire, where it was stated just because I had a ticket, didn't mean I was guaranteed entrance for the taping.  It was recommended to show up early to ensure we would be part of the taping.

It does suck that people come from some far distances to be there, but what can you do.

-Ryan
[/quote]

Hi Ryan !

Agreed. I've never seen a TV ticket that failed to include the "ticket distribution is in excess of studio capacity" disclaimer on it. As a veteran TV audience member, I always planned to be on the line very early, and not to expect admission. I attended a few Sitcom Pilots in NYC, and a few Game Show Pilots in LA in the late 70's, where I was in the first 5 on the line, and was turned away. It was disappointing, but as you said, what can you do.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »
Since I recall something similar when attending Wheel and J!, I'm guessing that most game shows overbook on purpose.  Not everyone is going to show up, empty seats look bad on camera, and tickets are free (or better) anyway.
This signature is currently under construction.