Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New "Pyramid" Pilot Tape Date Now Set...  (Read 55863 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New "Pyramid" Pilot Tape Date Now Set...
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'243148\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 11:52 AM\']I merely threw that out there as a suggestion, thinking that a frustum could apply to two-dimensional surfaces as well as three-dimensional. Yes, I read it before I made the post, but upon looking over the article again I realize that I was, in fact, wrong. I freely admit that I was wrong, and will not be editing the aforementioned post.[/quote]So?

You're not very good at pattern recognition, are you?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »
I see where this one is going...even though we've pretty much run out of things to talk about from the pilot, can we not let this become another Dan Benfield free-for-all? You see one, you see them all and all that jazz...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243152\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 12:18 PM\']I see where this one is going...even though we've pretty much run out of things to talk about from the pilot, can we not let this become another Dan Benfield free-for-all? You see one, you see them all and all that jazz...[/quote]The problem is that with almost none of us having seen it, it is easy to give way to the temptation of rampant speculation and rumor-mongering.

Plus there's that whole thing of "look at me! I'm contributing by going to random wikipedia entries and trying to make them relevant." And failing.

I'd like to see good exciting gameplay with people winning piles of money. Once you get me in the door for Pyramid, it is awfully hard for me to leave.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2010, 03:37:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'243154\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 03:23 PM\']I'd like to see good exciting gameplay with people winning piles of money. Once you get me in the door for Pyramid, it is awfully hard for me to leave.[/quote]
Thankfully for me, Donnymid set the bar kinda low. ;-)

Seriously, Donnymid had a lot of potential, and I was cool with the steel girder strobe light set. I was cool with the rave music theme song. But then there was the inconsistent judging. And the writing. And the making it way too easy to climb the Winner's Circle.

And we haven't even gotten to the Tournament yet!

Davies at least has somewhat of a clue as to what he's doing. Just as long as they don't dip into the Chain Reaction contestant pool (no offense to Joe Mello, your team seemed to be an exception), then it could work.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »
I think you mean Moe Train. (Which is an odd juxtaposition, to be sure.)
Travis L. Eberle

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2010, 01:17:09 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243155\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 03:37 PM\'](no offense to Joe Mello, your team seemed to be an exception)[/quote]
What did I do now?
This signature is currently under construction.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2010, 05:26:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'243190\' date=\'Jun 28 2010, 12:17 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243155\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 03:37 PM\'](no offense to Joe Mello, your team seemed to be an exception)[/quote]What did I do now?[/quote]He had you confused with this guy.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'243199\' date=\'Jun 28 2010, 05:26 AM\'][quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'243190\' date=\'Jun 28 2010, 12:17 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243155\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 03:37 PM\'](no offense to Joe Mello, your team seemed to be an exception)[/quote]What did I do now?[/quote]He had you confused with this guy.[/quote]
Hm. Weird.

/I have never been on a game show
//Nor worked on Robot Chicken
///Nor hosted Overhaulin'
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:36:22 AM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'243190\' date=\'Jun 28 2010, 01:17 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'243155\' date=\'Jun 27 2010, 03:37 PM\'](no offense to Joe Mello, your team seemed to be an exception)[/quote]
What did I do now?
[/quote]
Travis and Mark are right...I confused you with another poster.

JMFabiano

« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2010, 12:42:35 AM »
I have read the latest about the Pyramid pilot, just now actually.  My reactions?

A)  Fremantle must have gotten the rights to Pyramid too.*
B) This is like the Bizarro World version of last year's pilot and the reactions to it.
C) Come back Donnymid, all is forgiven?

Seriously, though, this is kind of what I feared...that somehow, someone would think the "retro" style didn't work last time when LMAD got the nod, so we'd be right back to grimdark Pyramid (aka the style of set we've all seen on all game shows throughout the noughties).  Just speculation, but can't help but wonder.  Yes the gameplay is there, but let me put it to you this way: TTD90 didn't really change the game, did it?  However, it was the presentation did it in for hardcores.  I can see a Pyramid with no pyramid doing the same.    

Funny that Lane Reaction was mentioned (say, who was behind that show again?), I posted on Buzzerblog after it was referenced there too, re: Davies possibly not only tanking Pyramid's look, but also the contestant casting.  GSN CR is another show that had promises of sticking to the older version's format, but it sounds to me like it too was done in by unfortunate tweaks, a generic look, and (my original point) obsession with only getting younger, photogenic contestants.  As I so snarkily put it:

July 5, 2010 at 5:57 pm
And hey, remember GSN Chain Reaction? The show that suffered mostly cause they casted young people who looked great but couldn’t play the game? (Looks and no substance, a problem for all forms of entertainment, and is right up there with the remake abuse as something that should be curbed ASAP) Gee I forget, who was behind that revival again????

Wonder if they’re gonna lasso the standing cluegiver in the Winner’s Whatever-the-Heck-It-Is-Now so he/she can’t use their hands? It would be HIGH-larious like the blindfold in the end game from Lane Reaction.

Here's a thought: on one hand, I wondered if no pyramids meant we're going to have computerized graphic versions of the game boards (that would be so GSN Original...).  But on the other hand...though it sounded permanent, perhaps the lack of pyramid and etc. is just to K.I.S.S. for the pilot, and if it’s picked up, maybe a real set, bigger payoffs (not to be all Mo’ Money or nothing), and even something more in lines with the 2009 pilot?  Otherwise may as well call this MDPW Part 2…that too was essentially Pyramid gameplay without the pyramid (and was also a good game that would be better if not for being an in-name-only of a classic title. And mediocre, “oh noes, the password has no clear opposite. PASS!” players)

* - However, Fremantle's core shows (TPIR, LMAD, FF) have at least been improvements over their other fare, as far as their evolution and/or updating.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:44:02 AM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

J.R.

« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2010, 01:08:26 AM »
Or we could wait until we get some footage before we declare the falling of the sky.
-Joe Raygor

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2010, 03:09:24 AM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'243739\' date=\'Jul 6 2010, 01:08 AM\']Or we could wait until we get some footage before we declare the falling of the sky.[/quote]
No, that would be "Downfall."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

jukeboxhero

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2010, 11:50:06 AM »
Just a heads up. Julie Chen was a guest on Craig Ferguson last night and spoke about her pilot "The Mom Project" and said that she was to find out sometime this week if her show gets picked up or not.