Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mad TV WOF parody  (Read 2742 times)

JayC

Mad TV WOF parody
« on: November 16, 2003, 08:47:37 PM »
For anyone who doesn't watch Mad TV, last night they aired a pretty funny Wheel parody.  They could have done a better job with Pat, considering he looked like Clay Aiken in the parody.  They made Vanna was this really old woman with a walker, who needed oxygen and a paramedic to keep from dying.  The contestants were quite dumb, and couldn't fill in the letter in the puzzle GIVE ME LIBERT_ OR GIVE ME DEATH.  The first contestant guessed LIBERTO, the 2nd contestant tried to buy a consonant, then asked if 3 was a vowel.  When he spun, the wheel kept going on and on until Pat finally stopped it.  For contestant 3, he stopped the wheel after a second of spinning, and he was wrong also.  Finally, they did a Speed Up, and Pat spun the wheel and stopped it after a second.  The first contestant guessed LIBERTU, and the 2nd player originally said LIBERTY, but changed it to LIBERT:), and Pat said it was wrong.  Finally, "Pat" decided to let "Vanna" turn the letter as she was leaving for the hospital, and it was revealed that LIBERT:) was right, and it ended there.

Fedya

Mad TV WOF parody
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 10:01:27 PM »
Of course, there was a real contestant in one of the NBC Teen Weeks back in the 80s, who, when faced with the following:

_T TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

guessed:

"E.T.  takes one to know one".

Maybe the MAD TV spoof wasn't that much of a parody after all.  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

GSWitch

Mad TV WOF parody
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 10:43:14 PM »
Don't forget Gimme A Break when Nell Carter & Telma Hopkins were on Wheel.  Nell guessed the puzzle saying, "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME A CAR!"

She ought join Marla Gibbs along the "SANTA FE TRAIL"!

ChuckNet

Mad TV WOF parody
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 11:56:54 PM »
And let us not forget the Teen Week contestant who guessed "Abraham Bincoln" (Pat even mentioned it in a 1991 interview on Later w/Bob Costas!).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

Mad TV WOF parody
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 08:14:28 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 11:56 PM\'] And let us not forget the Teen Week contestant who guessed "Abraham Bincoln" (Pat even mentioned it in a 1991 interview on Later w/Bob Costas!).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 -ETTYSBUR- ADDRESS was a puzzle on a teen week, and the contestant spun again and picked a B instead of G.