Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wordplay SFX Question  (Read 1909 times)

Chris Kennedy

Wordplay SFX Question
« on: April 10, 2010, 03:28:57 PM »
Hi.

Is the original Wheel Of Fortune vowels only beeps, combined with the Hot Potato right answer bell, the SFX used for guessing a correct definition on Wordplay?  

Something tells me that it is.  But, if not, is somebody able to identify what other sound is played along with HP's bell for the correct definition SFX?

Thanks much in advance.  Take care.

Chris Kennedy

tvrandywest

Wordplay SFX Question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 03:45:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Chris Kennedy\' post=\'239195\' date=\'Apr 10 2010, 12:28 PM\']Hi. Is the original Wheel Of Fortune vowels only beeps, combined with the Hot Potato right answer bell, the SFX used for guessing a correct definition on Wordplay?  

Something tells me that it is.  But, if not, is somebody able to identify what other sound is played along with HP's bell for the correct definition SFX? Thanks much in advance.  Take care.

Chris Kennedy[/quote]
Without hearing it I can't answer, BUT curiously all three shows' sfx were on MacKenzie loops on the shelves at the NBC-Burbank sfx department when it closed a few years back.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:12:05 AM by chris319 »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

BrandonFG

Wordplay SFX Question
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 03:47:57 AM »
I had to listen to it a couple of times, but it doesn't sound like any of the vowels left beeps. But now, I can't figure out where I've heard that tone...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Wordplay SFX Question
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
I thought you could hear the +5 "ting!" from Sale of the Century with the Hot Potato bells.
Travis L. Eberle

Chris Kennedy

Wordplay SFX Question
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'239231\' date=\'Apr 11 2010, 03:45 AM\'][quote name=\'Chris Kennedy\' post=\'239195\' date=\'Apr 10 2010, 12:28 PM\']Hi. Is the original Wheel Of Fortune vowels only beeps, combined with the Hot Potato right answer bell, the SFX used for guessing a correct definition on Wordplay?  

Something tells me that it is.  But, if not, is somebody able to identify what other sound is played along with HP's bell for the correct definition SFX? Thanks much in advance.  Take care.

Chris Kennedy[/quote]
Without hearing it I can't answer, BUT curiously all three shows' sfx were on MacKenzie loops on the shelves at the NBC-Burbank sfx department when it closed a few years back.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]

Hey Randy,

How are ya?

Here's a youtube video of Wordplay that has the said SFX for right answers.

Youtube Wordplay Video

Thanks again.  Take care.

Chris

tvrandywest

Wordplay SFX Question
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Chris Kennedy\' post=\'239425\' date=\'Apr 13 2010, 10:22 AM\']Without hearing it I can't answer, BUT curiously all three shows' sfx were on MacKenzie loops on the shelves at the NBC-Burbank sfx department when it closed a few years back.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Hey Randy, How are ya?

Here's a youtube video of Wordplay that has the said SFX for right answers.
Youtube Wordplay Video
Thanks again.  Take care.
Chris[/quote]

Sorry I can't make that call with any certainty, but it does sound like a combination of 2 or more possibly familiar sounds. While on the subject of Wordplay sfx, among the McKenzie loops in my posession that I have NOT un-wound to play on a reel to reel machine (and thus haven't heard it) is a 3 second sound labelled "Money Post". Can you figure out what that is and link me to a YouTube video with that goodie in use? THANKS!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com