Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game-show host memoirs  (Read 6405 times)

BrandonFG

Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 12:32:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'238873\' date=\'Apr 5 2010, 12:14 AM\']I would have expected Barker to at least admit that he did run into legal problems on occasion, and tell his side of what happened. I actually was one of those who wanted to see what he had to say on the subject, but he said in interviews that he didn't want to throw dirt at anybody.

Typically, if somebody writes an autobiography, they'll want to lump both the good and bad stuff together -- it presents a more complete and honest picture of the writer, regardless of whether the facts presented therein are true or not.[/quote]
Although that's an interesting point, I just don't see Bob including such a stressful incident in a book called Priceless Memories. I'm guessing Bill Clinton's autobiography doesn't talk about a certain intern in a certain dark-colored dress for just about the same reason(s). That much controversy has no place in a book talking about one's life, mainly because there's so much info that it begins to take away from the rest of the book. (Googles for confirmation...) Okay, from what I picked up on Google, there's a very casual mention, as one might expect.

Besides, wouldn't there be some legal issues preventing Barker or Clinton from going into detail?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 01:51:06 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'238876\' date=\'Apr 4 2010, 09:32 PM\']Besides, wouldn't there be some legal issues preventing Barker or Clinton from going into detail?[/quote]
Yes. Way yes. Very yes. OMG yes.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 02:08:49 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'238876\' date=\'Apr 4 2010, 09:32 PM\']I'm guessing Bill Clinton's autobiography doesn't talk about a certain intern in a certain dark-colored dress for just about the same reason(s). That much controversy has no place in a book talking about one's life, mainly because there's so much info that it begins to take away from the rest of the book. (Googles for confirmation...) Okay, from what I picked up on Google, there's a very casual mention, as one might expect.[/quote]I tried to read it, I really did. I could not make it through Bill's childhood.

I would commend someone for writing an autobiography that covered everything good or bad, but I just don't expect that. I'm not sure I would want to read all the seedy details; that's what Kitty Kelley is for. Plus there's that whole NDA thing hanging out there.
Travis L. Eberle

Vahan_Nisanian

Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 09:08:10 AM »
NDA? Non-Disclosure Agreement, or No Data Available?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 09:08:17 AM by gameshowlover87 »

MikeK

• Martha!
Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'238876\' date=\'Apr 5 2010, 12:32 AM\']Although that's an interesting point, I just don't see Bob including such a stressful incident in a book called Priceless Memories. I'm guessing Bill Clinton's autobiography doesn't talk about a certain intern in a certain dark-colored dress for just about the same reason(s). That much controversy has no place in a book talking about one's life, mainly because there's so much info that it begins to take away from the rest of the book. (Googles for confirmation...) Okay, from what I picked up on Google, there's a very casual mention, as one might expect.[/quote]
Pulling out my copy of My Life, there are two mentions of those events, within about 25 pages of each other.  There's no cigar or stained blue dress talk, not that I expected to read about those events.

I made it a little further than Travis, to Bill's college days.  Something had to occupy me while waiting in line for 7 hours for Clinton to sign my copy of the book.

Mr. Armadillo

Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 11:04:17 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'238879\' date=\'Apr 5 2010, 12:51 AM\']Yes. Way yes. Very yes. OMG yes.[/quote]
That's what *she* said?

/Except in this case, the 'she' isn't all that indefinite...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:04:51 AM by Mr. Armadillo »

BrandonFG

Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 02:43:49 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'238882\' date=\'Apr 5 2010, 09:08 AM\']NDA? Non-Disclosure Agreement, or No Data Available?[/quote]
The former.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Game-show host memoirs
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan88\' post=\'238873\' date=\'Apr 5 2010, 12:14 AM\']Typically, if somebody writes an autobiography, they'll want to lump both the good and bad stuff together -- it presents a more complete and honest picture of the writer, regardless of whether the facts presented therein are true or not.[/quote]
And typically, those people live in the land of candy canes, rainbows, and unicorns where everyone is perfect and don't care about stuff like money or image.
This signature is currently under construction.