Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pricing Game Redesigns  (Read 12621 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Pricing Game Redesigns
« on: March 27, 2010, 03:25:45 PM »
Well, this season already, Most Expensive and Temptation have been redesigned, and according to Kathy Greco over at priceisright.com,

"Any Number is in the process of a facelift and should be completed this coming week. It looks great."

So, seeing how she just posted this yesterday http://www.priceisright.com/blog/entry/460 (check the comments section), we'll probably be seeing this near the end of this season or maybe not until S39, depending on how much taping is left. Maybe we'll even get a "twitpic" from Drew if we're lucky.

EDIT: Seems she'd posted that the old board is in its twilight on TV, so we'll probably see it before season end.

So, since it seems older designs are slowly but surely being phased out, what games are you hoping receive redesigns in Season 39?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:16:38 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Lirodon

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
I really think they should give Double Prizes a makeover, it still has the old TPIR logo on it for gods sake! Maybe a magic theme since Drew seems to like doing "alakazam" on its reveal lately? Maybe have the correct prize be held by a rabbit coming out of a hat or something.

Anything to make that game more exciting would be good. Heck I wouldn't mind them marking the prices with fruits for all I care.

SamJ93

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
A handful of games still have that bright primary colors look of the 80's--Hi-Lo, 1 Right Price, Money Game, even Plinko to a lesser extent.  I'd vote for those to go first.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:39:57 PM by SamJ93 »
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Jeremy Nelson

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »
The game that needs the redo more than any other is Now Or Then, IMHO. The game and the logo both look outdated.It really needs is a color update...maybe changing the color wedge scheme something more akin to Trivial Pursuit, and a new logo.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Sodboy13

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »
Now or Then really does look straight-on early '80s, and probably needs a revamp the most.  
Money Game could use a re-coloring - maybe switching from primarily teal to a green.  
Lucky Seven could probably stand a new coat of paint, though probably what I find least appealing about its presentation are those Times New Roman numbers.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Race Game's displays swapped out for LCDs, though I don't know if the upkeep on the big neon numbers is significant enough to justify a switch.
And Clock Game needs... something.  Can't figure out what, though.
Do they still play Bonus Game?  If they do, that old clunker needs to go.  Not the setpiece - the whole game.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jeremy Nelson

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'238380\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 08:29 PM\']And Clock Game needs... something.  Can't figure out what, though.[/quote]
There's too many random colors going on there. Blue, green, two shades of orange and two shades of yellow. Clock Game needs a DEFINITIVE COLOR SCHEME. It reminds me of a black car with a white replacement door and mismatched tires- the whole thing has been patched in so many different places that it looks like nobody stepped back and saw that there was no agreement going on. New logo wouldn't hurt, either.

[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'238380\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 08:29 PM\']Do they still play Bonus Game?  If they do, that old clunker needs to go.  Not the setpiece - the whole game.[/quote]
Yes, they still play Bonus Game. Not too fond of it myself- it's the uncool brother of Shell Game. I'm all for getting rid of games that play too much like each other (i.e. Clearance Sale and Easy as 123)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:32:12 PM by rollercoaster87 »

Lirodon

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:59:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'238380\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 09:29 PM\']And Clock Game needs... something.  Can't figure out what, though.
Do they still play Bonus Game?  If they do, that old clunker needs to go.  Not the setpiece - the whole game.[/quote]

The St. Patrick's Day episode debuted the addition of some green Goodson Asterisks to the chroma key area on Clock Game in case you missed it.

And I do not know why they still play Bonus Game. It was supposed to have been replaced by Shell Game, but WHY MAKE THAT BE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE RANDOMLY GONNA BRING IT BACK FOR NO REASON?

TimK2003

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 12:36:41 AM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' post=\'238367\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 02:38 PM\']A handful of games still have that bright primary colors look of the 80's--Hi-Lo, 1 Right Price, Money Game, even Plinko to a lesser extent.  I'd vote for those to go first.[/quote]

I never liked the current Money Game board, So I'd revamp that game, Bonus Game, Hi-Lo and lets have some new, fresh colors on Pathfinder.  

Has there ever been any tweaks to Bullseye?

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
[quote name=\'Lirodon\' post=\'238397\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 11:59 PM\'][quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'238380\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 09:29 PM\']And Clock Game needs... something.  Can't figure out what, though.
Do they still play Bonus Game?  If they do, that old clunker needs to go.  Not the setpiece - the whole game.[/quote]

The St. Patrick's Day episode debuted the addition of some green Goodson Asterisks to the chroma key area on Clock Game in case you missed it.

And I do not know why they still play Bonus Game. It was supposed to have been replaced by Shell Game, but WHY MAKE THAT BE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE RANDOMLY GONNA BRING IT BACK FOR NO REASON?
[/quote]

Ahem... there are some of us who like both Bonus Game and Shell Game.

Jeremy Nelson

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 12:42:31 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'238409\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 11:36 PM\']I never liked the current Money Game board, So I'd revamp that game, Bonus Game, Hi-Lo and lets have some new, fresh colors on Pathfinder.  

Has there ever been any tweaks to Bullseye?[/quote]
I second the color changes on Pathfinder, and no, there haven't been any major changes to Bullseye...just the price range, IIRC.

[quote name=\'Lirodon\' post=\'238397\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 10:59 PM\']The St. Patrick's Day episode debuted the addition of some green Goodson Asterisks to the chroma key area on Clock Game in case you missed it.[/quote]
Sorry. Putting frosting on a poop doesn't make it a cake.

GameShowGuru

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:33 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'238389\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 11:26 PM\']There's too many random colors going on there. Blue, green, two shades of orange and two shades of yellow. Clock Game needs a DEFINITIVE COLOR SCHEME. It reminds me of a black car with a white replacement door and mismatched tires- the whole thing has been patched in so many different places that it looks like nobody stepped back and saw that there was no agreement going on. New logo wouldn't hurt, either.[/quote]

What, you don't like Clock Game's "What's Happening", ah, er, I mean Pythagoras font?  *lol*

Speaking of new logos, after almost 40 years, does anyone besides me agree that it's time for 5 Price Tags to actually get a logo?

Yes, they still play Bonus Game. Not too fond of it myself- it's the uncool brother of Shell Game. I'm all for getting rid of games that play too much like each other (i.e. Clearance Sale and Easy as 123)

Or Give or Keep and Finish Line (which did get retired).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 03:35:26 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' post=\'238410\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 09:37 PM\']Ahem... there are some of us who like both Bonus Game and Shell Game.[/quote]
Shell Game I'm fine with. Bonus Game, as much as I like the prop, is just an utterly pointless game when you break it down to "only one of these answers matters, you just don't know which one."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 04:31:21 AM »
If Temptation got the eggcrate-to-LCD swap on the displays along with the refurbished set, then Card Game should get a similar treatment too(actually, it needs a new coat of psint really).

Mr. Brown

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »
2 for the Price of 1 and Side by Side, definitely.

Both games reek of early 90s, "Saved by the Bell" color schemes... and that's not a good thing.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Jeremy Nelson

Pricing Game Redesigns
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 11:29:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Brown\' post=\'238456\' date=\'Mar 28 2010, 04:32 PM\']Both games reek of early 90s, "Saved by the Bell" color schemes... and that's not a good thing.[/quote]
Does Not Approve
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:45:07 PM by rollercoaster87 »