Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show sounds....  (Read 23644 times)

aaron sica

Game Show sounds....
« on: March 25, 2010, 04:25:25 PM »
How many of you have game show ringtones and sounds, etc. on your cell phone? It's a topic I don't think has been explored yet..

Do any of you have the TPiR "ding" for an incoming text message? It's something I've thought about doing..

tpirfan28

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
I've got a few ringtones:

Price car cue 252 for generic (non-assigned) calls
Price cue 204 (the Phone Home Game cue) for my parents, two cuts
Price showcase "1983"

iPhone can't import custom text messaging tones.

/If anyone wants the iPhone compatible files of the above, leave a message here.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »
On my old phone, I had the TPiR losing horns for texts, and the Cliffhangers yodel as a ringtone. I've thought of getting something for texts, maybe the category indicator chimes from Wheel...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvrandywest

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »
My phone and PC are loaded with Goodson-Todman sfx, and it's very confusing if TPiR or FF are on TV.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:06:23 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

DJDustman

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 05:05:19 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'238223\' date=\'Mar 25 2010, 04:30 PM\']I've got a few ringtones:

Price car cue 252 for generic (non-assigned) calls[/quote]

Wow so do I. It's great for a general ringtone.

wheelloon

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:46 PM »
I've used the Wheel 83, 89, and 92 themes for ringtones on my Blackberry for the past two years for various callers. The category chime plays for text messages.

I also use the following pic as my background image, and if you are familiar with blackberries, it just so happens the layout where the icons are positioned on the left side of your screen fit perfectly there so as to not block Susan and only just a tiny bit of the bottom left corner of the puzzle board.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/whe...lBonusRound.jpg

I've gotten a number of compliments on it, mostly from people who recognize the puzzleboard and recognize it all as Wheel, yet it not being your generic pic of Pat and Vanna standing in front of some neon set prop. Some of them reminisce for about 2 minutes about classic Wheel, but, of course, don't look close enough to see that's not Vanna who is standing at the puzzle board... not that it really matters in the end... the same effect is achieved... ;)

/No, you shouldn't be surprised.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:07:20 PM by wheelloon »
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

bwood

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 05:10:22 PM »
I have the TPiR Theme for regular calls, and Treasure Hunt Loser's Theme for calls that are Private/No Caller ID.

My text sound is TPiR Losing Horns.

Sodboy13

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »
I set up one of our computers in the main area at work to play the Losing Horns every time an e-mail alert comes in.  Since those e-mails are usually telling us about a crash or road closure, it's fitting.  I also have the Cliffhangers yodel on my phone, but don't use it as a ringtone - used my phone as an audio player for a game show night.  My wife used to have the TPIR theme as her ringtone, but she's since moved on to It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

I've been thinking about using a game-show ding for incoming text, but can't decide which one.  The Family Feud Fast Money answer reveal SFX might work, too.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

CJBojangles

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »
I've used a couple different "dings" for text messages in the past. I switched to just a single TPiR "ding" after the "ding-ding-ding" I was using got annoying. But I also ended up missing a lot of messages when I couldn't hear the one sound.

I also used to use the DoND "No Deal" cue for texts, and I've had the Whammy! "Lets play" cue for receiving emails for years.

Have the HTC Hero now, don't think there's any way to create custom text-message sounds, though.

Neumms

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'238223\' date=\'Mar 25 2010, 03:30 PM\']/If anyone wants the iPhone compatible files of the above, leave a message here.[/quote]

I'd love 'em. Thanks!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show sounds....
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'238222\' date=\'Mar 25 2010, 01:25 PM\']How many of you have game show ringtones and sounds, etc. on your cell phone? It's a topic I don't think has been explored yet..[/quote]
<full geek mode ON>

Current sounds on my new Android phone:

Ringtone: the $25,000 Pyramid theme
Notification (lots of Android apps throw notifications in a bar at the top of the screen): the Wheel of Fortune new-puzzle sound
Specific Notification (for my hockey score app): the Sale of the Century Money Card fanfare
Loaded onto my phone though I have not found a good specific use for them yet: the SotC lockout, and the Jeopardy! Daily Double sound. (I'd use the lockout for text messages if the built-in Android sound "Don't Panic" wasn't so cool)

<full geek mode OF....aw, screw it, who'm I fooling, leave it ON>
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show sounds....
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 05:38:55 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'238233\' date=\'Mar 25 2010, 02:17 PM\']Have the HTC Hero now, don't think there's any way to create custom text-message sounds, though.[/quote]
Sure there is. The Messaging app lets you set a custom notification sound specific to text messages, and if you have Rings Extended installed (and you should), you're no longer limited to the pre-canned list of sounds that they give you or what you load manually into I-think-it's-Media\Notifications on the SD card.

(I also dumped the crappy stock Messaging app (on a Samsung Moment that uses stock Android; I don't know if you get a different app with Sense UI) for Handcent SMS a couple of weeks ago, and haven't looked back. Among other things, it'll let you set a custom sound for each individual contact if you want, so you can fire the TPiR lose horns when the mother-in-law texts.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CJBojangles

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'238237\' date=\'Mar 25 2010, 02:38 PM\']Sure there is. The Messaging app lets you set a custom notification sound specific to text messages, and if you have Rings Extended installed (and you should), you're no longer limited to the pre-canned list of sounds that they give you or what you load manually into I-think-it's-Media\Notifications on the SD card.[/quote]

Holy crap. Thanks, Lemon.

/And long live Android.

uncleplinko

Game Show sounds....
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 06:41:35 PM »
Alarm Clock: The $25,000 Pyramid theme.
Ring Tone: Press Your Luck board spin.
Message Tone: Wheel of Fortune puzzle reveal.
HomeGameEntertainment.com
"Bringing The Contestant Experience Home"

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Game Show sounds....
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 07:39:30 PM »
Hmmmm, I'm getting the Nuron (Nokia) phone tomorrow; but for now, let see how my Samsung Gravity 2 works out:

- Current Squeeze: Love Connection Theme (from 1998)--a very clean copy mind you!
- My mom: The TPiR Losing Horns
- Former Roommate from NIU: The opening from Jackpot 1974 (found on the forums here)
- Best Friend #1: Pilot Theme from "Wheel" 1974, "Give It One" by Maynard Ferguson
- Best Friend #2: The Theme from "Sale"

Hopefully the Nuron would be able to give way to editing texts also.