Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream a Dream  (Read 8232 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Dream a Dream
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 12:21:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'237992\' date=\'Mar 21 2010, 09:11 PM\']Nope, you were the only one who didn't get it.[/quote]Really? You speak for everyone? Or just you and Thunder there.
Travis L. Eberle

Jimmy Owen

Dream a Dream
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 12:25:38 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'237994\' date=\'Mar 22 2010, 12:21 AM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'237992\' date=\'Mar 21 2010, 09:11 PM\']Nope, you were the only one who didn't get it.[/quote]Really? You speak for everyone? Or just you and Thunder there.
[/quote]
In this case, yes I do.  Stop being provocative.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Dream a Dream
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 12:36:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'237996\' date=\'Mar 21 2010, 09:25 PM\']In this case, yes I do.  Stop being provocative.[/quote]Give me a break. Dennis was listed as "wrestling commentator" roughly twenty slots down on the Rocky 3 IMDB page. You are not one of the people on this page who is empowered to tell me what to do, so if you want me to quit being provocative, then I suggest you stop declaring that you are allowed to write for the entirety of the membership.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

Dream a Dream
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »
Wow.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Dream a Dream
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 05:30:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\']In this case, yes I do. Stop being provocative.[/quote]
Don't stir the baked beans.

[quote name=\'PaulD\']Are there those of you here who want to see Barker repeats on the network after all this time?[/quote]I have no interest in seeing anything Barker related past c. 1996.  I would have no problem seeing Drew repeats--I've always wished that they would do a nightly re-air of TPiR--similar to what I believe SoapNet does with Y&R.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:51:17 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tpirfan28

Dream a Dream
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 11:10:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'238004\' date=\'Mar 22 2010, 05:30 AM\']--I've always wished that they would do a nightly re-air of TPiR--similar to what I believe SoapNet does with Y&R.[/quote]
Me too, maybe around the 11PM hour (and if they got a really good rate, maybe replace one of those 2/3AM blocks as well).

/But it won't be in HD!!!!111!!oneone!!
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Dream a Dream
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
My vote is for the Dennis James/Bob Barker nighttime version to air on GSN, given that Dennis has constantly gotten the short end of the stick over the past years --

* GSN never aired this version, with Laura Chambers claiming on-air that it would be pointless because there were <50 episodes (I don't know exactly how many) that didn't have furs. This, when Game Of The Week/Game Show Saturday Night/Black & White Overnight aired programs that either A) ran for less than 50 episodes or B) have less than 50 episodes surviving.
* The only time GSN actually bothered to show Dennis' Price was the December 25, 1974 daytime episode. They showed it exactly twice, in 1997.
* Dennis' version was notable enough to have two clips show up in Game Show Moments Gone Bananas. Although one of the clips doesn't actually show him (a Clock Game playing), his signature voice and bulky microphone give it away.
* BCI once stated that when selecting episodes for the DVD release, they had a "limited window" of episodes to choose from. Considering that Holly is not present in the set, it would appear that the 1970s "window" was 1972-76. Considering GSN's stance, it would seem that Dennis James' tenure was not in that "window".
* The only video footage of the James version that circulates are all Studio Master copies, although about 30 episodes were recorded onto audio-tape and available at J-Shea's website. Granted, it's rare to have all of a show's circulating footage be SM, but I find it hard to believe that nobody ever videotaped the James/Barker nighttime run.

Judging from the audio tapes, video footage, and people's memories, the Dennis James version did a lot more experimenting than the daytime show. And we'll never get to see any of those experiments.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 12:21:29 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dream a Dream
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 07:08:43 PM »
My god, but there is a lot of conjecture up there stated as fact.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

Dream a Dream
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 11:05:18 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'237998\' date=\'Mar 21 2010, 11:36 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'237996\' date=\'Mar 21 2010, 09:25 PM\']In this case, yes I do.  Stop being provocative.[/quote]Give me a break. Dennis was listed as "wrestling commentator" roughly twenty slots down on the Rocky 3 IMDB page. You are not one of the people on this page who is empowered to tell me what to do, so if you want me to quit being provocative, then I suggest you stop declaring that you are allowed to write for the entirety of the membership.
[/quote]

While you make a valid point about what Jimmy said, can't the same thing be said about your reactions to what he said in the first place?  Besides, you're telling him to not do something -- and you're not entitled to it either, last time I checked.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Dream a Dream
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'238340\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 08:05 AM\']While you make a valid point about what Jimmy said, can't the same thing be said about your reactions to what he said in the first place?[/quote] My reaction is what it was. I make no apologies for disliking it when people deign to speak for everyone.

Besides, you're telling him to not do something -- and you're not entitled to it either, last time I checked.
Well, wait a minute. He was assuming the role of moderator, and I was telling him to knock it off.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Dream a Dream
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »
I think there is a lot of gazpacho being blended up in here.

/wait a second, I enjoy gazpacho
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

Dream a Dream
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'238382\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 10:43 PM\']I think there is a lot of gazpacho being blended up in here.[/quote]
Save me some.  Thing is, I'm picturing one party laughing at all this and the other fuming.  And if you can't laugh at a game show message board, I can't help you.

/Knew the Rocky III reference immediately.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Dream a Dream
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 11:26:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'238387\' date=\'Mar 27 2010, 08:21 PM\']Save me some.  Thing is, I'm picturing one party laughing at all this and the other fuming.  And if you can't laugh at a game show message board, I can't help you.[/quote] Sorry, I've had way more important things going on this week to give a tinker's darn about whether some guy thinks that everyone ought to know what game show host was in which film. But it's good to know you're impartial. Jimmy isn't going to stop doing what he does because I think he ought to, but he's also not a moderator; he's in no position to tell me to stop being provocative.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:49:30 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle