Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Better] Sex!  (Read 3961 times)

mmb5

[Better] Sex!
« on: March 12, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »
I've received a sweet e-mail from someone who is looking for their mother on an episode of The Better Sex.  Normally, I would kindly tell them tough luck, but this one has a chance, so I came here to search old posts because I believe someone recently mentioned what is floating around for the best daytime game show ever to pay homage to Scanners.

However, I cannot seem to search the word "sex" on this board, it returns no hits, so I assume there's some sort of filter.  All of the snickering aside, does anyone know what episodes of The Better Sex are floating around.  I know there's the pilot, the finale and one episode from Faux Pause.  I was told "definitely first week", so if the Faux Pause episode is from week 1, we have a winner.

Any help is appreciated.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Matt Ottinger

[Better] Sex!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'237450\' date=\'Mar 12 2010, 01:32 PM\']However, I cannot seem to search the word "sex" on this board[/quote]
<giggle>
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Hastin

[Better] Sex!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 03:45:24 PM »
Try this Google search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sou...mp;aql=&oq=

Generally, Google is better at searching sites than the internal database search, and you need to search with at least 4 characters for the Invision search anyway.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:46:03 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

dale_grass

[Better] Sex!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'237459\' date=\'Mar 12 2010, 04:45 PM\']... and you need to search with at least 4 characters...[/quote]
Why did Scooby-Doo jump into my head when I read this?  I mean, I get the joke (and not much of one at that), but why on earth would I make such a connection?  

ObGameShow: Frank Welker, who provided the voice of Freddy, also provided the voice of Dr. Claw on Inspector Gadget, whose titular (tee hee) character was voiced by Don Adams, who starred in Get Smart with Barbra Feldon, who appeared on The $10,000 Pyramid, The Match Game, etc.

Ian Wallis

[Better] Sex!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »
There are four episodes known to exist.  The pilot and finale are two of them, and the other two I have as being from Sept 1977 (women win twice and blitz the men in the bonus) and Nov 1977 (men win twice).  I think it was GSN graphics that led me to the dates, but I could go back and watch them to double check.

If you gave me the name of the person they're looking for, I could see if that person's on any of the episodes.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
[Better] Sex!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
You might have to contact Fremantle, and they are going to charge.