Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new GSN "feast of favorites" promo  (Read 12615 times)

mctoyboy

new GSN "feast of favorites" promo
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2003, 01:08:27 PM »
Ok....just saw the promo again. There was a clip of a contestant with glasses, i think his name was Richard, with a tan background. I can't seem to figure out what show it is.....=)
j

GS Warehouse

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2003, 01:24:05 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 11:58 AM\'] It was a joke. (albeit bad)

Like GSN giving viewers what they want. [/quote]
 If networks gave viewers what they want nowadays, we've have 200 channels' worth of test patterns.  Today's GSN is what advertisers think viewers want.

aaron sica

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2003, 01:33:37 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 12:55 PM\'] I sometimes seeing one of us being in Rich Cronin or Bob Boden's position and doing a sales pitch to ad agency media buyers--and using as our big draw to get them to throw some money GSN's way "and we're going to start airing 'Bullseye' and 'Play the Percentages' every night in prime time!  Those were cool shows!  And then we're going to air 'Chain Reaction' and 'Press the Buck!'"  The derisive laughter among the media buyers would be deafening. [/quote]
 Add "Way Out Games" to that pitch, and the laughter would be so loud I'd be able to hear it in Pennsylvania.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2003, 02:38:52 PM »
I don't think media buyers know the difference between "Bullseye," "Aliens Ate My Game Show," "Chain Reaction" and "Billboard Living."  They only want the shows that will get their advertisers noticed.  A good pitch by GSN can make any show attractive.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2003, 03:09:46 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 02:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 11:58 AM\'] It was a joke. (albeit bad)

Like GSN giving viewers what they want. [/quote]
If networks gave viewers what they want nowadays, we've have 200 channels' worth of test patterns.  Today's GSN is what advertisers think viewers want. [/quote]
 OK, I'll admit that I left my Sarcasm Detector at home today, but this is the second time in this thread where I'm going, "Huh?"  

That statement appears to say you think viewers do, in fact, want 200 channels of test patterns, and advertisers have come to the rescue to give us something other than that.  I know that's not what you meant, but I can't find the irony, satire, sarcasm, humor or whatever it was you thought you were putting into that statement.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2003, 03:40:15 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 01:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 12:55 PM\'] I sometimes seeing one of us being in Rich Cronin or Bob Boden's position and doing a sales pitch to ad agency media buyers--and using as our big draw to get them to throw some money GSN's way "and we're going to start airing 'Bullseye' and 'Play the Percentages' every night in prime time!  Those were cool shows!  And then we're going to air 'Chain Reaction' and 'Press the Buck!'"  The derisive laughter among the media buyers would be deafening. [/quote]
Add "Way Out Games" to that pitch, and the laughter would be so loud I'd be able to hear it in Pennsylvania. [/quote]
 On a side note, if Way Out Games appears on FoF...I'll find a webcam, and drink an 8 ounce glass of lemon juice.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

mctoyboy

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2003, 04:49:37 PM »
[quote name=\'mctoyboy\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 01:08 PM\'] Ok....just saw the promo again. There was a clip of a contestant with glasses, i think his name was Richard, with a tan background. I can't seem to figure out what show it is.....=)
j [/quote]
 Well....i tried to slow down the promo to see the mystery show and it was a different promo that was almost exactly the same. But there was a blurb of Card Sharks that i didn't even see at full speed. Weird =)
j

Don Howard

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2003, 11:02:28 PM »
On a side note, if Way Out Games appears on FoF...I'll find a webcam, and drink an 8 ounce glass of lemon juice.

I'll join you. Watch for Don and Don chasing down our turkey and fighting off sleep from the tryptophan by guzzling freshly squeezed lemon juice. Chills!

HSquares2003

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2003, 11:37:19 PM »
Don't forget we did get BTC(Monty Hall version) on the CHRISTMAS block, even though we didn't get it on FoF

And make sure the juice is really lemon juice(don't eat the yellow snow)(haha)!

zachhoran

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2003, 07:58:20 AM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 11:37 PM\'] Don't forget we did get BTC(Monty Hall version) on the CHRISTMAS block, even though we didn't get it on FoF

[/quote]
 The bets are on as to whether that Xmas 1979 BtC episode. will be seen for the fourth year in a row next month.

zachhoran

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2003, 09:57:14 AM »
[quote name=\'mctoyboy\' date=\'Nov 12 2003, 06:54 PM\'] I think it was 10,000 Pyramid......the set was orange =)
j [/quote]
 ALan Alda was the celeb in the clip. It could be a clip from an opening to one of the $10K shows GSN showed last year.

Pyramid80

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2003, 10:01:40 AM »
[quote name=\'mctoyboy\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 12:08 PM\'] Ok....just saw the promo again. There was a clip of a contestant with glasses, i think his name was Richard, with a tan background. I can't seem to figure out what show it is.....=)
j [/quote]
 I paused the tape when that clip came up.  My guess is that it is from The Joker's Wild after the set change in the early 80's.

uncamark

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2003, 03:46:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 13 2003, 11:02 PM\']

I'll join you. Watch for Don and Don chasing down our turkey and fighting off sleep from the tryptophan by guzzling freshly squeezed lemon juice. Chills![/quote]
Can we send Dr. Damnearkillder over to crack his whip and shout "DRINK IT!" when they're trying to down the lemon juice?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2003, 02:57:03 PM »
And for anyone that cares, the contestant Richard on the previously billed "Mystery Clip" came from the final episode of TJW with Bill Cullen.

--Jamie

mctoyboy

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2003, 05:06:25 PM »
Wow! I'm impressed! =)
j