Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Big Payoff  (Read 2031 times)

Phil V

The Big Payoff
« on: March 07, 2010, 02:04:52 AM »
I was browsing through the Game Show Pilot Light last night and stumbled on The Big Payoff page.  I found out some years ago that my great aunt was on this show and won a console television among a few other things.  Just curious as to whether or not any episodes exist in trading circles and whatnot.  Anyone know?
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

Ian Wallis

The Big Payoff
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »
There is one episode in circulation.  It was taped outdoors at Central Park and the contestants were Arthur & Arlene vs. Joyce and Dr Sykes.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
The Big Payoff
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »
Just curious as to whether or not any episodes exist in trading circles and whatnot. Anyone know?
I know of a silent CBS-era clip floating around (although for the life of me I don't know where I found it), and I think a few episodes are held by UCLA and/or Paley Center.

There is one episode in circulation. It was taped outdoors at Central Park and the contestants were Arthur & Arlene vs. Joyce and Dr Sykes.
That would be the pilot of the 1962 revival.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 05:31:36 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Jimmy Owen

The Big Payoff
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
There were some audio clips of the Randy Merriman version on the web in the past.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Phil V

The Big Payoff
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:24:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'237085\' date=\'Mar 7 2010, 01:51 PM\']There is one episode in circulation. It was taped outdoors at Central Park and the contestants were Arthur & Arlene vs. Joyce and Dr Sykes.[/quote]

Um...do you know what contestant Joyce's last name is/was?
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.