Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brandi Sherwood fired from Price  (Read 9135 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Brandi Sherwood fired from Price
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 12:52:48 PM »
[quote name=\'joker316\' post=\'236754\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 09:37 AM\']/and no, a visibly pregnant woman modeling on any show would not be the end of the world!![/quote]
Approves
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

calliaume

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 01:25:55 PM »
[quote name=\'joker316\' post=\'236754\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 12:37 PM\'][quote name=\'inturnaround\' post=\'236731\' date=\'Mar 2 2010, 11:40 PM\']I mean, would it be the end of the world if a visibly pregnant woman waved her hand over a car or opened the door on a new refrigerator?[/quote]
IIRC Carol Merrill was pregnant on LMAD in the 60's. Can't remember if she was on for all nine months or not.
[/quote]
I remember reading this in some game show book (Come On Down!, maybe?).  My recollection is she wore a lot of tent dresses (it was that era), and she didn't work throughout her pregnancy, but it would have been okay with Monty and Stefan Hatos.  (And, of course, the kid wound up being Truth or Consequences' Hillary Safire.)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
[quote name=\'joker316\' post=\'236754\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 12:37 PM\']/and no, a visibly pregnant woman modeling on any show would not be the end of the world!![/quote]
No, but by the same token, if producers didn't want to have visibly pregnant models, and they were under no long-term contractual obligation to any individual model, then they would certainly be well within their rights to not have one on their show.  It's their show.

That sounds to me like what's happening here.  While Brandi, and most of the viewing audience, probably saw her role as "regular", it probably wasn't by any legal definition.  Now that they've decided not to use her -- whatever their reasons might be, up to and including her pregnancy -- her legal team is going to throw a lot of stuff up against the wall to see if any of it sticks.  One of those tactics will be to use the word "fired" as much as possible so that lazy tabloid writers (and topic starters) will repeat it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'236759\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 01:36 PM\']One of those tactics will be to use the word "fired" as much as possible so that lazy tabloid writers (and topic starters) will repeat it.[/quote]
I love you.

tvrandywest

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'236759\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 10:36 AM\']... While Brandi, and most of the viewing audience, probably saw her role as "regular", it probably wasn't by any legal definition.  ...[/quote]

Indeed, Matt. In fact, I've always been led to believe that NONE of the models, the lovely Janice included, were ever under a long term contract at any point during the show's long history. Just the same, from my time with her, I'd have to say that I think Brandi is the sweetest of the new batch, and perhaps the most telegenic. I'm very saddened to learn of her challenges, and  any continuing disharmony on the set.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:37:11 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »
Somewhere in the obscure reaches of the Internet is a document concerning the sale of Price Productions to All-American TV. The document states that there were four talent contracts associated with TPIR at the time: Bob Barker, Rod Roddy, Janice Pennington and Holly Hallstrom. Due to their eventual model troubles and the non-involvement of Mr. Goodson, I'm sure such contracts are relics of the past.

JayDLewis

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »
Surely the question isn't about being pregnant and on-air?

Brandy herself was on-screen and pregnant. So was Gwendolyn (and...Shane?). You don't have to look to LMaD for examples of preggo & modeling.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'236783\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 02:55 PM\']Surely the question isn't about being pregnant and on-air?

Brandy herself was on-screen and pregnant. So was Gwendolyn (and...Shane?). You don't have to look to LMaD for examples of preggo & modeling.[/quote]
Unless I'm reading the complaint wrong, they didn't stop using her until after her two pregnancies, so no, that's not the issue.

tvrandywest

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 07:44:09 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'236779\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 02:15 PM\']Somewhere in the obscure reaches of the Internet is a document concerning the sale of Price Productions to All-American TV. The document states that there were four talent contracts associated with TPIR at the time: Bob Barker, Rod Roddy, Janice Pennington and Holly Hallstrom. Due to their eventual model troubles and the non-involvement of Mr. Goodson, I'm sure such contracts are relics of the past.[/quote]
With all due respect (and I have much), I did extensive research into the Goodson sale / All American aquisition in researching the Johnny Olson biography (which continues to be available at Amazon and at www.tvrandywest.com). I found no reference to contracts covering the models. If you can locate any information to the contrary I would love to see it. Thanks!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

CJBojangles

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 02:18:46 AM »
I thought I remembered an interview with Janice floating around somewhere on the net in which she states the models were hired on a weekly basis.

Or am I just too friggin' tired to be typing right now?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 03:24:14 AM »
Janice had a contract. Maybe she meant to say they were scheduled on a weekly basis.

Neumms

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'236758\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 01:25 PM\']And, of course, the kid wound up being Truth or Consequences' Hillary Safire.[/quote]

Thanks for that memory. She was dreamy!