Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brandi Sherwood fired from Price  (Read 9114 times)

xavier45

Brandi Sherwood fired from Price
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:32:24 PM »

Fedya

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:44:25 PM »
Who the heck is Cochran?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

xavier45

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'236627\' date=\'Mar 1 2010, 08:44 PM\']Who the heck is Cochran?[/quote]
That's her married name. She is married to actor Dean Cochran.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:38:09 PM »
It gets worse -- according to this post on Golden-Road.net by someone who has been confirmed to have inside information (emphasis added by me):

From what I know in the lawsuit filings, the female producer in question did much of the comments about "God's" way. There are lots of negative comments made towards Brandi and her employment according to the documents. I read a lot here and I'm afraid everyone may soon find out that not everyone is as nice around here as you may think. The bigger break will be once the lawsuit is public about the new Executive Producer's relationship with one of the other models on the show!
... It's like Barker never left. :o
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:30:56 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Casey Buck

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »
Here's the lawsuit filing (in PDF format).

chad1m

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »
The pdf makes things a lot more open and clear. In my personal opinion, I really don't think the show fired Brandi because she got pregnant/was pregnant. In a lot of these instances, I personally think the program was looking out for her well-being and, knowing her previous unfortunate history with pregnancy, didn't want to be liable for any unfortunate events occurring on their property. I also feel like Brandi's using an alleged relationship (the appropriateness of which, if true, is up for debate) to try to justify why some things happened but I don't think they have much of a connection to her. This is just my opinion from what Brandi and her lawyer have quoted and have had published.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
Wow, I'm surprised that "The Kitchen Sink" didn't come after Violation of Privacy and Fraud.
Travis L. Eberle

davemackey

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »
Bet I know who this "fourth wheel" model is.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'236727\' date=\'Mar 2 2010, 10:27 PM\']Bet I know who this "fourth wheel" model is.[/quote]
Mimi?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

inturnaround

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 11:40:24 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'236722\' date=\'Mar 2 2010, 09:40 PM\']The pdf makes things a lot more open and clear. In my personal opinion, I really don't think the show fired Brandi because she got pregnant/was pregnant. In a lot of these instances, I personally think the program was looking out for her well-being and, knowing her previous unfortunate history with pregnancy, didn't want to be liable for any unfortunate events occurring on their property. I also feel like Brandi's using an alleged relationship (the appropriateness of which, if true, is up for debate) to try to justify why some things happened but I don't think they have much of a connection to her. This is just my opinion from what Brandi and her lawyer have quoted and have had published.[/quote]

It's not up to the show to decide for Brandi when it is appropriate medically to come back after leave. That's the purpose of the leave, so you will have your job when you return. Let Brandi and her doctor decide what is best for her, not "Fingers" (and if that whole "bad baby" quote is true, I can't imagine why there was not a fight right there). Choosing your own path is the American way, isn't it?

TPiR has been alleged before to be a place where they are hyper-aware about the appearances of the models. God forbid one of them be pregnant like real women often are. I mean, would it be the end of the world if a visibly pregnant woman waved her hand over a car or opened the door on a new refrigerator?

Seriously, though, HR needs to step it the hell up over at Television City. Certainly they had to have known that this is extremely illegal.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Bill Neuweiler

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 01:46:11 AM »
I wonder if HR has a policy on staff members dating?
<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.

jmangin

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 11:24:59 AM »
I remember previously reading (and I forget where) that since the mid-2000s or so all models were "independent contractors" and not actual employees of FremantleMedia. Is this still the case?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:25:29 AM by jmangin »

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'236728\' date=\'Mar 2 2010, 09:32 PM\'][quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'236727\' date=\'Mar 2 2010, 10:27 PM\']Bet I know who this "fourth wheel" model is.[/quote]
Mimi?
[/quote]
Almost certainly Amber, who got time off to film some MTV show.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' post=\'236743\' date=\'Mar 3 2010, 08:24 AM\']I remember previously reading (and I forget where) that since the mid-2000s or so all models were "independent contractors" and not actual employees of FremantleMedia. Is this still the case?[/quote]
I'm not sure it ever was. It is known that Janice and Holly had personal services contracts, as did the emcees and "regulars" such as Brett and Charles. These days I think the models are hired by the day, the same as non-regular guest celebrities (think Tattletales or Super Password). They show up, tape two shows and leave. If that is in fact the case, I don't see how her attorney can claim she was "fired" if the company has no obligation to hire her again after each taping day (the literal definition of "per diem"). By the same token her attorney seems to think she had some kind of employment relationship with CBS, which I very much doubt is the case.

joker316

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' post=\'236731\' date=\'Mar 2 2010, 11:40 PM\']I mean, would it be the end of the world if a visibly pregnant woman waved her hand over a car or opened the door on a new refrigerator?[/quote]
IIRC Carol Merrill was pregnant on LMAD in the 60's. Can't remember if she was on for all nine months or not.

/and no, a visibly pregnant woman modeling on any show would not be the end of the world!!
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck