Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC orders "Perfect 10"  (Read 8567 times)

CarbonCpy

NBC orders "Perfect 10"
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:50 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'234364\' date=\'Jan 14 2010, 04:45 PM\']Sometimes I wonder if NBC is intentionally trying to shoot itself in the foot (rhetorical).[/quote]

I'm quoting someone else, but at this point, NBC has not only shot themselves in the foot, they've refused to take the bullet out, they've refused to sterilize the wound, so now it's grown gangrenous, and now they're trying to amputate the foot in an effort to save the rest of the leg.

EDIT: And now it seems as if they're trying to walk directly on said amputated stump.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 11:52:09 PM by CarbonCpy »

gamed121683

NBC orders "Perfect 10"
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 12:52:03 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that this was the same network that passed on Desperate Housewives and Lost a few years back. Programs that would eventually get ABC out of their defecit with Millionaire.

I think that the problem with NBC is that they want a hit and they want it NOW! They feel that if the audiences aren't responding to it in 2-3 weeks, it's toast. Sometimes it takes a while for an audience to warm up to a show and the powers that be just don't seem to have the patients. It's now all about the bottom line over what's good for your viewers. I can't imagine Zucker running NBC back in the days when Cheers and Hill Street Blues were new, critically acclaimed yet low-rated programs. The Peacock would've been the next Dumont ions ago.

It's times like this that I appreciate even more the genius of Tartikoff's scheduling vision.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 12:52:33 AM by gamed121683 »

tvrandywest

NBC orders "Perfect 10"
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 01:19:44 AM »
History has been made, a new precedent set, and a new touchstone installed. In the future we will no longer have to harken back to Fred Silverman and "Supertrain".

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

TimK2003

NBC orders "Perfect 10"
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 01:27:26 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'234386\' date=\'Jan 14 2010, 11:19 PM\']History has been made, a new precedent set, and a new touchstone installed. In the future we will no longer have to harken back to Fred Silverman and "Supertrain".[/quote]

Hey, don't knock "Supertrain"!  That show had one helluva theme song -- shoulda been used for a game show!!!

Oh wait,.... :)

weaklink75

NBC orders "Perfect 10"
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 07:26:29 PM »
Well the show page is up-

The home page

but the video page is interesting

..because it proves how much they stole from The Cube. They use slow-motion, and the contestants chances are called "lives" (they get 3 to start).....