Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New CBS game show pilot coming soon  (Read 6619 times)

uncamark

New CBS game show pilot coming soon
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2003, 11:00:56 PM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'Nov 6 2003, 04:23 AM\']Oh yuck.  I pray this doesn't lead to a resurgence of panel shows...[/quote]
This isn't a panel show, unless you call 200 people in a studio audience a "panel."

And the audience is playing to take the winnings away from the stage contestants--it's more like the "Better Sex" end game to me turned into an entire premise, with more audience participation than flicking switches on electronic paddles and the stage contestants trying to fool the audience, this time about their lives rather than general-knowledge trivia questions.

vtown7

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2003, 12:16:09 PM »
I saw a taping of the UK BBC2 show, and here's what I can remember from the episode:

Contestants and their common "theme" are introduced.  Let's say it's "I shared an apartement with someone famous".

Round one: audience members ask 2-3 questions of each of the six panelists.*  Audience members then vote out who they THINK is the biggest liar.  Highest vote IS the weakest truthteller.

Round two: five remaining players quiz each other, in an attempt to sabotage each other.  Audience votes, eliminates.

Round three: four remaining players are questioned in a similar manner as round one.  Audience votes, eliminates.

Round four: three remaining players each get to question each other (thus six questions).  More voting.

Round five: two remaining face off: they each of thirty seconds to "say their piece", trying to convince the audience that they are the truthteller.

Then all is revealed... if the audience left the one truthteller, they split 10,000 pounds (50 quid each - not bad if you're Canadian like me).  If not, the person that they left wins 10,000 pounds.

And that's that!  I'm sure my good friend, Brig Bother, will contribute comments if I've missed something, as he was there at the taping with me.

Cheers,

Ryan :)

*I was on camera asking the first question!  What a riot!

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2003, 12:36:12 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 8 2003, 04:15 AM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 06:44 PM\'] Back in 2000 when the prime time game show craze swept the networks, NBC had plans to revive Concentration in the mornings & debut it the day after the 2000 Sydney Olympics were done (which was October 2, my birthday). [/quote]
Someone wanna corraborate this? [/quote]
 http://tinyurl.com/uajb

You'll have to register to read it, but it's worth a shot. FWIW, it didn't come up on my comp.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!