Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's New January Schedule  (Read 25660 times)

Don Howard

GSN's New January Schedule
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 02:53:21 PM »
I've seen exactly thirty minutes of GSN during 2010: Bob Eubanks' return to The Newlywed Game.
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'234470\' date=\'Jan 17 2010, 11:00 AM\']Personally, I'd love to have a channel that's still "abusing" reruns of To Tell the Truth and Tic Tac Dough.[/quote]
Yea verily. I recall the relief in a poster's posting while proclaiming that it was a good thing WML? got the hook, citing the "rerun abuse" reasoning. Didn't it take a couple or three YEARS for the panel program to cycle clear through its inventory? I wouldn't mind some TTTT or TTD "abuse", either, Chris. And, of course, Spin-Off.
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'234618\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 08:17 AM\']Ever check out mini-marathons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo?[/quote]
Every Sunday night. Courtney B. Vance rules, baby.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:55:04 PM by Don Howard »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:37 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'234643\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 02:34 PM\']I'd say truTV (formerly CourtTV) is even worse with their Cops reruns. I've seen the Virginia Beach cluster of episodes quite a few times*, not to mention a few other cities (Pierce County, WA shows up quite a bit as well, and don't even get me started on the Coast to Coast series!). The show has been on for 21 years 800 episodes, it's not like there's no material to choose from![/quote]
I thought, at some point, that CourtTV/TruTV had access to a specific set of Cops reruns, FX had the rights to certain eps., and there was a third set of eps. relegated to syndication.  G4 appears to be doing likewise, airing episodes primarily from the late 90s through about 2003.

Does TruTV still show Cops reruns?  It seems most times I watch, it's Most Daring, Smoking Gun stuff, and Operation Repo...all of which are welcome viewing in the Klauss house.

/OBGameShow:  At least 4 of the repo men from Operation Repo were on 1 vs. 100, with Matt Birch lasting in the mob for at least 3 shows.

BrandonFG

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'234667\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 08:28 PM\']I thought, at some point, that CourtTV/TruTV had access to a specific set of Cops reruns, FX had the rights to certain eps., and there was a third set of eps. relegated to syndication.  G4 appears to be doing likewise, airing episodes primarily from the late 90s through about 2003.[/quote]
That makes sense. Tru's episodes are from c. 1995-2005 or so. The syndicated reruns (at least in the Norfolk market) arew usually from from the first half of the '90s.
Does TruTV still show Cops reruns?  It seems most times I watch, it's Most Daring, Smoking Gun stuff, and Operation Repo...all of which are welcome viewing in the Klauss house.
They do, weeknights at 6 or 7 pm (it alternates during the week), and I believe they do a two-hour marathon on Sunday evenings.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

trainman

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'234625\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 08:05 AM\'][quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'234618\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 05:17 AM\']I'll tell you what network is guilty of rerun abuse.  Ever check out mini-marathons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo?  They play three or four episodes (hopefully with Goren and Eames), then play the same f'in episodes again back-to-back.  That, in my mind is rerun abuse.[/quote]
Actually, that's a station who is repeating their prime time for the other coast. Food Network does the same thing.
[/quote]

That's really odd, because both Bravo and Food Network do have a Pacific feed.  Maybe the engineers haven't yet let the programmers know about that fact.
trainman is a man of trains

Unrealtor

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2010, 12:02:23 AM »
[quote name=\'trainman\' post=\'234683\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 10:01 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'234625\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 08:05 AM\'][quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'234618\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 05:17 AM\']I'll tell you what network is guilty of rerun abuse.  Ever check out mini-marathons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo?  They play three or four episodes (hopefully with Goren and Eames), then play the same f'in episodes again back-to-back.  That, in my mind is rerun abuse.[/quote]
Actually, that's a station who is repeating their prime time for the other coast. Food Network does the same thing.
[/quote]

That's really odd, because both Bravo and Food Network do have a Pacific feed.  Maybe the engineers haven't yet let the programmers know about that fact.
[/quote]

Looking through the program grid on my DVR, it looks like the vast majority of basic cable networks still repeat at least some prime-time programming later in the evening, and about half, including all of the Scripps networks (e.g., Food Network) and all of the Discovery networks, repeat the entirety of their prime time lineup.

Wasn't one of the reasons cited back when GSN did the back-to-back blocks in both daytime and primetime that, if you air the same program with the same ads twice within the span of a day, they both count as a single program for ratings purposes?
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

That Don Guy

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' post=\'234632\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 08:39 AM\']And we didn't complain (much) about GSN when they used to do the same. (I forget. When they had the Vertivision blocks, did that part get repeated? ISTR that it did, and it was useful if you saw something and wanted a second chance to tape it.)[/quote]
I don't know about Vertivision, but right after the late-90s "dark period" ended, they definitely aired the multi-hour "Sunday Night in Black and White" blocks twice.

-- Don

xavier45

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2010, 09:00:13 PM »
After Hidden Agenda got 23,000 viewers last Friday morning at 11:30am, GSN is replacing that rerun with Jeopardy! That is per the GSN online schedule.

dad1153

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'234646\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 02:53 PM\'][quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'234618\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 08:17 AM\']Ever check out mini-marathons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo?[/quote]
Every Sunday night. Courtney B. Vance rules, baby.[/quote]Bud Greer says hello! :)

I think USA Network's rerun schedule for "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is the worst offender in the 'repeated to death' category.  I literally stumble every other week on the three or four "SVU" episodes where Olivia has to deal with that long-lost brother of hers that only appeared in the last two or three seasons.  Either that or 'the very special episode' where Stabler loses his cool trying to deal with a scumbag perp that keeps him away from his family.  TNT a couple of years ago was also pretty bad in repeating only "Law & Order" (mothership) episodes in primetime from around 2004 to the (then) present, which meant seeing freaking Branch and Fontana more often than Briscoe (which is just wrong).  I saw the same four episodes where Michael Imperiolli guest-stars as detective Falco (plus a fifth one where Falco is dragged into a case) so often I almost thought he was as regular a cast member as Orbach or Waterston.  Thankfully TNT has learned from its mistake and now runs "L&O" late in the afternoon and on weekends, expanding to include episodes from as far back as 1995 (the Ben Stone era is sadly confined to weekend overnight repeats which is a shame; Michael Moriarty rules!).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:02:18 AM by dad1153 »

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2010, 12:18:48 AM »
I don't know about Vertivision, but right after the late-90s "dark period" ended, they definitely aired the multi-hour "Sunday Night in Black and White" blocks twice.

The same 3-hour  block did indeed repeat  at 9:00PM, but the episodes were different.
It's amazing how one of the biggest complaints some members posted back then was that they were repeating the same Dawson Family Feud episode three times a day.  

--Jamie
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:22:02 AM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »
Wasn't one of the reasons cited back when GSN did the back-to-back blocks in both daytime and primetime that, if you air the same program with the same ads twice within the span of a day, they both count as a single program for ratings purposes?

I vividly recall Jake Tauber stating in a press release that placing these programs in "wheels" was "so viewers can find the shows."
Whatever that means.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:25:54 AM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »
The same 3-hour block did indeed repeat at 9:00PM, but the episodes were different.

Yes, and it was around that time they also introduced their "Game of the Week", which gave us the rare chances to see the lone existing episode of Eye Guess, the 2000th Fleming Jeopardy and others.

Sure do miss those!  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Darion Blackwood Daniel

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2010, 05:04:28 PM »
Carnie is definetely taking over most of GSN which is a real pain.
Love and Heart--The Blackwood Company

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Darion Blackwood Daniel\' post=\'235204\' date=\'Jan 30 2010, 02:04 PM\']Carnie is definetely taking over most of GSN which is a real pain.[/quote]
I invite you to back up this statement with something even remotely approaching actual facts.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SwohS Emag

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »
It seems that a number of airings of both Unstapled and Hidden Agenda have been removed and restored with what was originally there:

-Friday 11:30am Jeopardy! airing restored
-Wednesday 2pm Catch 21 Season 2 airing restored
-Sunday 11am-Noon Newlywed Game Season 1 and Catch 21 Season 2 airing restored
-All airings of HS overnight have been restored (M-F)

Also, Unstapled is running Sunday afternoons with back-to-backs of all episodes that have been released so far, concluding each week at 5pm EST, it appears.  This week, the marathon begins at 3pm.  I assume next week the marathon will start at 2:30pm, etc.

Darion Blackwood Daniel

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'235279\' date=\'Feb 1 2010, 12:35 PM\'][quote name=\'Darion Blackwood Daniel\' post=\'235204\' date=\'Jan 30 2010, 02:04 PM\']Carnie is definetely taking over most of GSN which is a real pain.[/quote]
I invite you to back up this statement with something even remotely approaching actual facts.
[/quote]Her looks are absolutley terrible and worse, without Bob around, there's no point to it.
Love and Heart--The Blackwood Company