Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's New January Schedule  (Read 25658 times)

MizzouRah!

GSN's New January Schedule
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'234502\' date=\'Jan 17 2010, 10:42 PM\'][quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'234498\' date=\'Jan 17 2010, 08:50 PM\']Okay, an explanation of the 'sigh' and 'seconded' comments would be appreciated.[/quote]
Mr. Lambert and I each commented about how amusing/strange/weird we thought the term "rerun abuse" was.  You began your post by agreeing with us, but in the very next sentence (actually, in the second phrase of your very FIRST sentence) you went on to do exactly the thing we said we found amusing/strange/weird.  Not only that, you came up with an elaborate mathematical formula for it and actually managed to call it "abuse".  It's as if you didn't realize we were talking about you.
[/quote]First, to Mr. Lemon, that was as expected. I actually enjoy reading and occasionally posting to this site. But your constant juvenile critiquing is not enjoyed. I'm guessing many have gone to 'lurker only' mode due to this.

And Matt, sorry for spacing and reusing the repeat synonym and abuse wording in the same sentence. Comment should have read..."GSN is definitely overusing some of their product at an alarming rate". Better? Now I will go back to my previous days as viewer only. Much easier than getting called out on nearly every post.

J.R.

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:01:41 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

Allstar87

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 05:06:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'234513\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 07:32 AM\']And did they ever actually air the proposed cat show?[/quote]

Not sure if you mean Cat-Minster or Think Like a Cat, but both did indeed air on GSN. (I have the latter on tape...Lord knows why I kept it...)

BrandonFG

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 05:17:11 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'234528\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 04:32 PM\']Now I will go back to my previous days as viewer only. Much easier than getting called out on nearly every post.[/quote]
You said the same thing three years ago. Couldn't take the heat then, can't take it now. You got called out because you contradicted yourself. Stop trying to play the pity card.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 05:18:26 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
[quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'234529\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 05:00 PM\']Matt O had the date off by just a couple weeks.[/quote]
Ha!  Cool.  Thing is, I really don't pay close enough attention to a lot of the occasional posters to know their patterns, so I didn't remember this one's long, long history of telling us what a lousy job we do, but continuing to read and post here anyway.  Helps put things in perspective.  Thanks!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fedya

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2010, 05:21:53 PM »
I had Cat-Minster in mind.  Thankfully, I had forgotten about Think Like a Cat.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

MizzouRah!

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2010, 02:20:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'234532\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 05:18 PM\'][quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'234529\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 05:00 PM\']Matt O had the date off by just a couple weeks.[/quote]
Ha!  Cool.  Thing is, I really don't pay close enough attention to a lot of the occasional posters to know their patterns, so I didn't remember this one's long, long history of telling us what a lousy job we do, but continuing to read and post here anyway.  Helps put things in perspective.  Thanks!
[/quote]Okay, ban me for life after this post, but I want to defend myself. First, I'm not some uneducated troll who came here to stir up trouble. I genuinely wanted to contribute and access info about game shows. But tell me how much enjoyment is reading and rereading each post to make sure you aren't bombarded with sarcasm and cut downs? There's only so much you can take, then you say 'f' it and take your beating and leave. I would then build up enough resistance, thinking this time I would be accepted as part of your group and give it another shot. Obviously this wasn't the case. As for playing the "pity card"...You must be kidding. My life will change exactly 0% by not posting. I'll read, keep up to date on game shows and go about my normal day.
And I never told you what a lousy job you do(BTW I have been posting again since last year, so you were off quite a bit more than weeks). I find the forum very interesting, but the overall treatment received by most newcomers could use a little work. That's it from me. Place your wagers now, as you won't see this guy again. Not 2 days, months, years or decades. I've given it 3 shots and that's my limit.

J.R.

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'234567\' date=\'Jan 19 2010, 01:20 PM\']That's it from me. Place your wagers now, as you won't see this guy again.[/quote]
July 14th at 6:34 PM
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'234567\' date=\'Jan 19 2010, 02:20 PM\'][quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'234532\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 05:18 PM\'][quote name=\'J.R.\' post=\'234529\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 05:00 PM\']Matt O had the date off by just a couple weeks.[/quote]
[/quote]Okay, ban me for life after this post, but I want to defend myself. First, I'm not some uneducated troll who came here to stir up trouble. I genuinely wanted to contribute and access info about game shows. But tell me how much enjoyment is reading and rereading each post to make sure you aren't bombarded with sarcasm and cut downs? There's only so much you can take, then you say 'f' it and take your beating and leave. I would then build up enough resistance, thinking this time I would be accepted as part of your group and give it another shot. Obviously this wasn't the case. As for playing the "pity card"...You must be kidding. My life will change exactly 0% by not posting. I'll read, keep up to date on game shows and go about my normal day.
And I never told you what a lousy job you do(BTW I have been posting again since last year, so you were off quite a bit more than weeks). I find the forum very interesting, but the overall treatment received by most newcomers could use a little work. That's it from me. Place your wagers now, as you won't see this guy again. Not 2 days, months, years or decades. I've given it 3 shots and that's my limit.
[/quote]
You know...I'm going to be really honest here: never, with your attitude. You have no interest in even trying to get a clue, and want to make everyone else out to be the bad guy. The forum is better off without, and I only wish a few other posters would follow you out the door as well.

When you're ready to actually take a little accountability for your actions (and not play the martyr), feel free to come back.

/Oh, and January 19, 8:35 pm EST to make a overly-defensive rebuttal
//True post on February 12, 2010, 4:41 pm EST
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'234567\' date=\'Jan 19 2010, 02:20 PM\']but the overall treatment received by most newcomers could use a little work.[/quote]On the flip side of the coin, certain members could lurk more instead of jumping right in and taking shots.
That's it from me. Place your wagers now, as you won't see this guy again. Not 2 days, months, years or decades.
Bullsiht.  You'll probably be reading the board tonight.  You may not post, but you'll still be around.

/November 21, 2017, or when the Detroit Lions win their next game; whichever comes first
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:16:28 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'234528\' date=\'Jan 18 2010, 01:32 PM\']Comment should have read..."GSN is definitely overusing some of their product at an alarming rate". Better?[/quote]Well, no, it isn't. The words are different but the content is the same. GSN could run a loop of $25,000 Pyramid and pick up in 1982 at the end, and I wouldn't call it abuse. But I'd say that a single episode of Three's a Crowd is abuse.

I remember back to game show guy, who believed that GSN was a vacuum, and was there just so that he and his friends could fill in the gaps of their precious tape collections. Nevermind that a show might pull hashes on a good day, if it helped his Chinpokomon-like obsession, it was good. And if something that was on its third or fourth cycle and popular with viewers, but  was taking up time that might be used to have something that would complete a set, well, that was "rerun abuse!"

Abuse in this case is in the eye of the beholder, and you won't ever have a case where everyone agrees that column X are abused, and column Y aren't.
Travis L. Eberle

dale_grass

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2010, 08:17:43 AM »
I'll tell you what network is guilty of rerun abuse.  Ever check out mini-marathons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo?  They play three or four episodes (hopefully with Goren and Eames), then play the same f'in episodes again back-to-back.  That, in my mind is rerun abuse.  I've seen some of the same episodes of Law & Order at least six times (probably more), but they're several months apart.  (I almost have the dialogue of "Who Let the Dogs Out?" memorized.)

\Of course, dramas and game shows differ slightly.
\\Just part of my master plan to gradually turn this into an L&O message board.
\\\ObGameShow: Christopher Meloni was on Celebrity Jeopardy!.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'234618\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 05:17 AM\']I'll tell you what network is guilty of rerun abuse.  Ever check out mini-marathons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo?  They play three or four episodes (hopefully with Goren and Eames), then play the same f'in episodes again back-to-back.  That, in my mind is rerun abuse.[/quote]
Actually, that's a station who is repeating their prime time for the other coast. Food Network does the same thing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010, 11:39:15 AM »
And we didn't complain (much) about GSN when they used to do the same. (I forget. When they had the Vertivision blocks, did that part get repeated? ISTR that it did, and it was useful if you saw something and wanted a second chance to tape it.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BrandonFG

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2010, 02:34:56 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'234618\' date=\'Jan 20 2010, 08:17 AM\']I'll tell you what network is guilty of rerun abuse.  Ever check out mini-marathons of Law & Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo?  They play three or four episodes (hopefully with Goren and Eames), then play the same f'in episodes again back-to-back.  That, in my mind is rerun abuse.  I've seen some of the same episodes of Law & Order at least six times (probably more), but they're several months apart.  (I almost have the dialogue of "Who Let the Dogs Out?" memorized.)[/quote]
I'd say truTV (formerly CourtTV) is even worse with their Cops reruns. I've seen the Virginia Beach cluster of episodes quite a few times*, not to mention a few other cities (Pierce County, WA shows up quite a bit as well, and don't even get me started on the Coast to Coast series!). The show has been on for 21 years 800 episodes, it's not like there's no material to choose from!