Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: As The World Turns Cancelled  (Read 46936 times)

El Cheapo

As The World Turns Cancelled
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »
Oh boy. Let the rumors, speculation and hope begin.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
Wow.  That is the end of an era.  No more P&G shows.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Sodboy13

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »
Fingers crossed.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

rwalker

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'231836\' date=\'Dec 8 2009, 11:36 AM\']Wow.  That is the end of an era.  No more P&G shows.[/quote]

And, where do the other soaps tape? Are they any left in NYC? Well, we can safely say no more CBS soaps that tape in NYC.

Gotta be a cost cutting measure imho

Casey Buck

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
Wow. While I'm not that surprised that ATWT getting cancelled (it was at the bottom of the ratings, like Guiding Light was last season), this is still pretty big news.

The big question is: is the LMAD experiment successful enough to convince CBS to do more game shows, or will we see the 2 PM ET/1 PM PT slot go back to the affiliates?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:42:31 PM by Casey Buck »

weaklink75

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »
I also heard that The Bonnie Hunt show is canceled as well, so there's going to be some slots there for syndication...anyone know when NATPE is?

colonial

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »
A NATPE conference is scheduled for late January in Vegas, but in today's marketplace, deals for next year's syndication lineup are set up well in advance.

A daytime Nancy Grace show has already been picked up by 75% of the country.  It will likely be around 90% come NATPE-time.

The only reason Bonnie Hunt even made it to two seasons was because the NBC-owned affiliates agreed to air it for two seasons.  Now that it's gone, NBC Universal Comcast will find something from their production teams to fill the slot for its affiliates, as well as other "Bonnie" stations -- either reruns of Bravo's Real Housewives or the proposed MomLogic, which piloted in NY some time ago with Paula Deen and Kate Gosselin among the co-hosts.

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 12:27:38 PM »
I figured if there were any syndicated game shows in talks, they would have surfaced by now, but I hadn't heard about any syndication-game, talk, sitcom, etc. Other than what James posted re: Nancy Grace, does anyone have any other developments? Not even Broadcasting and Cable mentioned anything.

And even though it allows the Pyramid talks to resurface, I must admit it still sucks to see the two oldest daytime soaps (current, that is) come to an end. GL had 57 years on TV (72 altogether), and ATWT had 53 (54 by its cancellation next fall). However, both shows switched to a similar production style, which has been noted here (mainly by me) as looking like a bad college indie flick. That's no slam on any college students who have produced one; the show made mistakes that even amateurs don't make.

On another note: how is LMaD doing?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 12:47:10 PM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'231847\' date=\'Dec 8 2009, 12:14 PM\']Paula Deen and Kate Gosselin among the co-hosts[/quote]
Isn't that sort of like matter and anti-matter colliding?  With extra mayonnaise?

The only way I see CBS giving the hour back is if they develop an allergy to money.
This signature is currently under construction.

rugrats1

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 12:47:41 PM »
Personally (at least in ET), I see stations getting a full hour to themselves at Noon, Young and Restless moving to 1PM ET, and Bold & Beautiful expanding to 60 minutes and moving to 2 PM.

colonial

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 12:51:42 PM »
Believe Oprah's people are trying to put together a show for another "Team Oprah" member for fall 2010 -- Nate Berkus.

I also heard of a potential "Doctors" spinoff called "The Lawyers," but talk on that quieted down when the Nancy Grace daytime show appeared.

And as mentioned earlier, MomLogic is also in development.

As far as game shows go, reruns of "Cash Cab" go into off-net syndie in the fall, but that's it.  Haven't heard anything else at the moment.

JD

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'231855\' date=\'Dec 8 2009, 12:47 PM\'][quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'231847\' date=\'Dec 8 2009, 12:14 PM\']Paula Deen and Kate Gosselin among the co-hosts[/quote]
Isn't that sort of like matter and anti-matter colliding?  With extra mayonnaise?[/quote]
LOL.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tpirfan28

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'231844\' date=\'Dec 8 2009, 12:01 PM\']I also heard that The Bonnie Hunt show is canceled as well, so there's going to be some slots there for syndication...anyone know when NATPE is?[/quote]
Confirmed.

The possibility exists if Pyramid gets network pickup that my affiliate could got LMAD/Pyramid/TPIR from 9-noon.

/Who needs GSN
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »
*Crosses fingers in hopes that if Million Dollar Pyramid gets picked up, it doesn't morph into Donnymid 2.0"