Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: From the prof: GSN schedule changes ahead  (Read 11687 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
From the prof: GSN schedule changes ahead
« on: November 06, 2003, 03:36:22 AM »
Basically in sum, the 3 major points:

- Beginning November 17th,  the 10-midnight time periods are being retooled, which features the exit of Cram, Russian Roulette, & Friend or Foe from primetime in favor of another Lingo, Match Game, Love Connection, & Newlywed Game.

-GSN video games is off Thursdays starting November 17th and moved to weekend afternoons @ 2:00PM
The 5-7 schedule will return to the way it was before the video game block entered the scene.

Check out the GSN news for yourself here.

What a pity that the video game programming wasn't doing so hot. ::chortle::
I'm still amazed at what a huge bite originals are going to be taking.

Oh and on an unrelated side note: I'm still working feverishly on that Page O' Clips as we speak. I'll be going back to lycos.fr, which still amazingly enough offers unlimited bandwidth. It should be up by this weekend.

That is all.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: November 06, 2003, 03:52:04 AM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 07:10:14 AM »
That's three versions of MG in one evening now.....I wonder what version they're going to have air. Something tells me it's most likely the 1979-1982 syndicated run, but I myself wouldn't mind seeing MG '90 air in there.....

As for your page of clips, looking forward to it. :)

Starkman

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 07:31:52 AM »
Question, what was that political version of lingo (with a different set and all) foreshadowing could it be a new Lingo season??? something about 2 lingos a night makes me wonder?? oh well just speculation, flame away.

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 08:04:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Nov 6 2003, 07:31 AM\'] Question, what was that political version of lingo (with a different set and all) foreshadowing could it be a new Lingo season??? something about 2 lingos a night makes me wonder?? oh well just speculation, flame away. [/quote]
 The new season of Lingo bows on 12/1.

whampyl03

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 12:59:59 AM »
Hearing that GSN VG's is 1/3rd of the way axed just made my day a bit better.  Also nice to hear that some classics are entering the GSN graveyard shift.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 08:54:21 AM »
-GSN video games is off Thursdays starting November 17th and moved to weekend afternoons @ 2:00PM
The 5-7 schedule will return to the way it was before the video game block entered the scene.

Let's hope this is the first step towards the Video Games disappearing totallly!

I actually heard that the ratings for the first show weren't that bad (0.4, which is good for GSN) -- I guess they must have dropped off noticably after that!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 10:09:25 AM »
Is "Lingo" the only one now that's got new episodes on the horizon, as far as their "originals" go? I honestly can't think of any others I've heard about....

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 10:31:34 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 10:09 AM\'] Is "Lingo" the only one now that's got new episodes on the horizon, as far as their "originals" go? I honestly can't think of any others I've heard about.... [/quote]
 At this point, Lingo is the only one with imminent new episodes. No word on Whammy!, Cram, or Funny Money having new episodes. It's quite unlikely that Russian Roulette, Friend or Foe, or Wintuition will have new episodes made. But for how long will GSN keep repeats of these shows on the schedule, that is the question?

aaron sica

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 10:41:15 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 10:31 AM\'] At this point, Lingo is the only one with imminent new episodes. No word on Whammy!, Cram, or Funny Money having new episodes. It's quite unlikely that Russian Roulette, Friend or Foe, or Wintuition will have new episodes made. But for how long will GSN keep repeats of these shows on the schedule, that is the question? [/quote]
I wouldn't mind seeing a setup like in spring 2001, when, while GSN was "retooling" their originals, we got treated to a Password Plus/Super Password hour from 7pm-8pm...

How nice it would be to see some classics thrown into the afternoon where the originals are now...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 11:35:58 AM by aaron sica »

zachhoran

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 10:59:50 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 10:41 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 10:31 AM\'] At this point, Lingo is the only one with imminent new episodes. No word on Whammy!, Cram, or Funny Money having new episodes. It's quite unlikely that Russian Roulette, Friend or Foe, or Wintuition will have new episodes made. But for how long will GSN keep repeats of these shows on the schedule, that is the question? [/quote]
I wouldn't mind seeing a setup like in spring 2001, when, while GSN was "retooling" their originals, we got treated to a classic password hour from 7pm-8pm...

How nice it would be to see some classics thrown into the afternoon where the originals are now... [/quote]
 I think they can do away with one of the showings of $100K Pyramid, Win Lose or Draw, and Love Connection, the latter will get a third airing in the evening block starting 11/17.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 11:31:33 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 08:59 AM\'] I think they can do away with one of the showings of $100K Pyramid [/quote]
 Since GSN refuses to provide episode information to the folks who gather guide information for Tivo, I wouldn't complain about this one at all. And I don't care which one. 8A or 3P, pick one, I'm sick of having to hand-edit my Tivo to not tape one every day.

(Of course, with the limited set they air, we're getting to the point where _I'M_ starting to notice the repeats, and that means that particular Season Pass might be going away soon, anyhow, prolly after I watch Ferrendini win it all again.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2003, 11:33:12 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 11:31 AM\']

(Of course, with the limited set they air, we're getting to the point where _I'M_ starting to notice the repeats, and that means that particular Season Pass might be going away soon, anyhow, prolly after I watch Ferrendini win it all again.) [/quote]
 Ferrendini will win it all again in a few weeks on the 11AM airing :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2003, 11:40:35 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 09:33 AM\'] Ferrendini will win it all again in a few weeks on the 11AM airing :) [/quote]
 (I figured as much, having just seen the Terry Lester week that she had to take off, as well as her concluding her championship run a week or two ago. However...)

Hold the phone.

Are you saying that the 8A and 3P (Pacific time, you East Coasters can bite me ;))airings are different shows? I always figured it was a repeat of the same episode each day, so I just pick up the 8:00a one.

(Not that it REALLY matters, I guess...the run of shows they air from the $100K set are so limited that I'm sure I made the loop naturally, having been Tivoing fathfully since I got the thing in April.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 12:05:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 7 2003, 11:40 AM\']
Are you saying that the 8A and 3P (Pacific time, you East Coasters can bite me ;))airings are different shows? I always figured it was a repeat of the same episode each day, so I just pick up the 8:00a one.

[/quote]
 The airings are different shows, from the same old 1987-88 season, of course.

mctoyboy

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 02:55:18 PM »
The 6PM Pyramid is getting close to the end of the run again......i guess i need to have a new episodes voodoo ritual! =)
j