Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WSBK to drop WOF and J!  (Read 4532 times)

BobbyLankford_83

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« on: October 12, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »
If you get WSBK TV 38 owned by CBS,but not an affiliate of the Big Eye, from Boston on Dish Network, and watch Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy! Monday-Saturday ,like I do on there, beginning Monday, you will NOT be able to watch them because Pat & Vanna & Alex are trading stations with ET and The Insider, the two CBS produced entertainment magazine shows. Does CBS think co-owned WBZ-TV will get better ratings for WOF and J! than WSBK or what?

On Monday CBS 4 viewers in Boston will have Pat and Vanna and Alex M-Th and Saturdays from 7-8. (I don't know what the hell they air on Fridays on CBS 4, I think a Friday Night Football Show)And WSBK will have ET and The Insider.

This means I will have to go back to KXTV 10 ABC in Sacramento-Stockton and GSN for my WOF/J! fix. But coming soon will be the NBA season with the team that can't cough up a new arena, the Sacramento Kings, so for me that will mean WOF ,or J! or both will be bumped to the wee hours of the morning or not shown on certain nights making KXTV viewers  old and crabby and mad.

Maybe CBS will take WOF and J! to KOVR or KCRA next fall.

rugrats1

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:01:15 AM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'228408\' date=\'Oct 12 2009, 10:13 PM\']On Monday CBS 4 viewers in Boston will have Pat and Vanna and Alex M-Th and Saturdays from 7-8. (I don't know what the hell they air on Fridays on CBS 4, I think a Friday Night Football Show)[/quote]

To be more precise, a weekly Patriots pre-game show.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »
I want to know how you can get out of market stations, specifically one from Boston.

I thought legislation passed several years ago that barred people from watching anyone other than their local affiliates.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 08:20:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'228435\' date=\'Oct 13 2009, 08:07 AM\']I want to know how you can get out of market stations, specifically one from Boston.

I thought legislation passed several years ago that barred people from watching anyone other than their local affiliates.[/quote]

It's a superstation available on Dish Network, it's not currently affiliated with a network for its programming, though it is owned by CBS.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BobbyLankford_83

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:54:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'228435\' date=\'Oct 13 2009, 07:07 AM\']I want to know how you can get out of market stations, specifically one from Boston.

I thought legislation passed several years ago that barred people from watching anyone other than their local affiliates.[/quote]

The package Mark, which contains WSBK, plus WWOR My9 and WPIX CW 11,both NYC, KTLA CW 5 L.A., and KWGN CW 2 Denver is $5.99 on Dish Network. But on the part on barring anyone from watching out of towners on Dish Net, except for TBS,WGN and WSBK,you are correct WWOR and the 3 out of market CW stations are not available if you already have a My Network and CW outlet in your area, and that shaves the price for WSBK only to I think $1.99. I've had all the above since I got my Dish in 1997.

On the blackout part it applies only if your CW and My Net station applies the network exclusivity and syndex rules

Darion Blackwood Daniel

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 07:38:07 PM »
I never knew that this could happen like that.  The only reason for that if there is sporting events or special reports.
Love and Heart--The Blackwood Company

comicus

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 09:33:37 PM »
A crisis worthy of this many grammatical errors surely demands swift action.  I recommend ditching Dish and getting a real TV provider.

/does not work for a cable company or DirecTV
//anymore

Steve Gavazzi

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 03:50:27 AM »
[quote name=\'comicus\' post=\'228469\' date=\'Oct 13 2009, 09:33 PM\']A crisis worthy of this many grammatical errors surely demands swift action.[/quote]
I agree.  I think they should implement a variation on an ages-old solution and throw their monitors out the window.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:51:14 AM by Steve Gavazzi »

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Darion Blackwood Daniel\' post=\'228462\' date=\'Oct 13 2009, 07:38 PM\']I never knew that this could happen like that.  The only reason for that if there is sporting events or special reports.[/quote]

And this is why some fans will never be program directors at local stations.

BobbyLankford_83

WSBK to drop WOF and J!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 01:04:28 AM »
[quote name=\'comicus\' post=\'228469\' date=\'Oct 13 2009, 08:33 PM\']A crisis worthy of this many grammatical errors surely demands swift action.  I recommend ditching Dish and getting a real TV provider.

/does not work for a cable company or DirecTV
//anymore[/quote]
Well, I would but no, there's no cable outlet in Sacramento that carries Bay Area outlets like KGO-TV ABC 7 which has WOF and J! nightly,however Lodi and Stockton Comcast systems do carry Bay Area outlets. I do not know about blackouts,although I am highly sure there are some in Lodi or Stockton on Bay Area outlets, but in the 1990's when I had a now defunct wireless cable company in Sacramento we did get KGO-TV so I could watch MG 90-91 because our then ABC station, KOVR-TV did not air it, KRON4 when they were NBC's Bay Area outlet,long before the Peacock flew to KNTV 11 San Jose,which left Monterey-Salinas with no ABC station, making KGO ,the ABC outlet the Monterey Penisula's ABC outlet by default on Dish and Direct TV, and KICU-TV 36  from San Jose ,which is now owned by Cox, KTVU's owner.

So, I guess I will take my chances like a poker player, and make do with KXTV 10 and their pre-emptions of WOF and J! and reruns of the two on GSN.