The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Bonus games with no relation to the main game

(1/8) > >>

HYHYBT:
The thread on game shows where the bonus round is an almost exact continuation of the main game got me wondering about any shows where the bonus had as little as possible to do with the rest of the show.

The most extreme example I can think of right now would be the 1986 Hollywood Squares, where you drew a key from a bowl and tried it in a car. Nothing to do with celebrities, tic-tac-toe, questions, or even humor. But there ought to be plenty of room between that and, say, High Rollers, Family Feud, and Classic Concentration for an interesting discussion:)

TonicBH:
Both versions of Split Second come to mind. the 70s version used the HS86 endgame, while the 1986 version used a LMAD element.

zachhoran:
Blackout's endgame had nothing to do with the maingame, nor did CHain Reaction '80 or the Get Rich Quick pilot. Also, the Las Vegas Gambit endgame later in the run was HR's Big Numbers retitled Gambit Galaxy.

Jimmy Owen:
Dare I say \"The Big Showdown\"?

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Jun 20 2003, 05:07 AM\'] The thread on game shows where the bonus round is an almost exact continuation of the main game got me wondering about any shows where the bonus had as little as possible to do with the rest of the show.

[/quote]
 -The last end game on $ale of the Century
-Wink's TTD (Face the Dragon), just some mindless time-filler bonus round
-Hot Potato

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version