Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker to WWE?  (Read 29916 times)

Johnissoevil

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2009, 01:17:31 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'225310\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 12:02 AM\']The low point of the show was that idiotic karate chop segment with Chavo. Other'n that, they kept his bits to "hosting Price Is Right" stuff. Certainly it was more tolerable than Seth Green or Jeremy Piven, who were both embarrassing.[/quote]

I liked the segment he did with DX.  Being the smartasses that they are, I would've booked them to confuse him with other hosts.

Shawn:  Hey, look, it's Chuck Woolery!
Hunter:  Chuck Woolery?  No way man.  That's Wink Martindale!
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

gaubster2

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2009, 01:24:04 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'225310\' date=\'Sep 7 2009, 09:02 PM\'][quote name=\'gaubster2\' post=\'225308\' date=\'Sep 7 2009, 08:55 PM\']Well, that wasn't the train wreck I thought it could have been.

That says a lot, considering that it is WWE.  I was entertained; it could have been much worse.[/quote]
The low point of the show was that idiotic karate chop segment with Chavo.
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.  Actually, that statement applies to the last several weeks of Chavo's segments on Raw and probably the next couple of weeks to come.

Seriously, who's corn flakes did Chavo wee-wee in to get buried like he is?  At least Santino is hilarious to watch.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2009, 01:46:55 AM »
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' post=\'225322\' date=\'Sep 7 2009, 10:24 PM\']Fixed that for you.[/quote]
And correctly so, thank you. Reminds me of Orlando Jordan's jobfest against Chris Benoit.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Johnissoevil

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2009, 02:06:07 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'225323\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 01:46 AM\']And correctly so, thank you. Reminds me of Orlando Jordan's jobfest against Chris Benoit.[/quote]

Orlando Jordan actually existed?  I thought he was a figment of my imagination.  BTW, I fixed the reference you made to that  other non-existant wrestler.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 02:43:18 AM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

gaubster2

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2009, 02:38:30 AM »
For those of you who didn't watch (or don't care), I was heartened to hear TWO references to Johnny Olson by name tonight (one by Barker, himself)!  The fact that Johnny's name is still mentioned out loud (and on some wrestling news websites as people remember him as the announcer) is a testament to the talent and mainstream appeal that Johnny had.

I still cannot wait for Randy's book to come out!

rwalker

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' post=\'225326\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 02:38 AM\']For those of you who didn't watch (or don't care), I was heartened to hear TWO references to Johnny Olson by name tonight (one by Barker, himself)!  The fact that Johnny's name is still mentioned out loud (and on some wrestling news websites as people remember him as the announcer) is a testament to the talent and mainstream appeal that Johnny had.

I still cannot wait for Randy's book to come out![/quote]

That, and Bobarino talking down to the Jericho guy were the best parts of it. With Tivo, you can pause it, go to the neighbors, come back, and skip through the wrastling b.s., and watch the parts that we game show fans wanted to see.

Bob had his usual "refrigerator" line also at the beginning

Jeremy Nelson

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'225309\' date=\'Sep 7 2009, 10:55 PM\']I lol'd at Santino thinking he was on Wheel when it was his turn to bid.  "I'd like to buy a vowel."[/quote]
Between that and Santino calling Bob "Roberto", he was definitely the highlight of the show. As a matter of fact, most of the time Santino is the ONLY amusing part of Monday Night Raw.

BTW, I.R.S.? Really? C'mon, WWE, your overloaded roster is so crappy that you actually went out and dug up I.R.S?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:56:38 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'225341\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 07:52 AM\']BTW, I.R.S.? Really? C'mon, WWE, your overloaded roster is so crappy that you actually went out and dug up I.R.S?[/quote]
1) They don't have to go out and dig him up; Rotunda works for the company as a road agent, same as Sgt. Slaughter, same as Ron Simmons. (Damn.)

2) I.R.S. RULES. The man walks into the ring and gets an arena-ful of heat just by saying "Have you paid your TAXES?" That, sir, is the sign of a quality heel.

cmjb13

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »
How has Barker's book being doing? I'm wondering if he really did this because sales of his book haven't been what he expected.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jeremy Nelson

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'225349\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 10:53 AM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'225341\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 07:52 AM\']BTW, I.R.S.? Really? C'mon, WWE, your overloaded roster is so crappy that you actually went out and dug up I.R.S?[/quote]
1) They don't have to go out and dig him up; Rotunda works for the company as a road agent, same as Sgt. Slaughter, same as Ron Simmons. (Damn.)
[/quote]
Shows how much I know- I knew about Simmons and Slaughter, but I didn't know I.R.S. was a roadie. I just looked him up, and he's better than I thought- I had assumed he was just one of DiBiase's lackeys, like Virgil.

2) I.R.S. RULES. The man walks into the ring and gets an arena-ful of heat just by saying "Have you paid your TAXES?" That, sir, is the sign of a quality heel.
I have to disagree with you on that one. I often found wrestlers who were just straight up jerks (Like Edge) to be more fun to hate than wrestlers who had heel gimmicks that were just stereotypical "people to hate". For example, Muhammad Hassan is anti- American, and played to that gimmick, but he never gave me a reason to hate him other than his constant cries of "I Hate America!!!!!". Of course, people booed at that and started a USA! chant. Same with taxes. People don't like em, and if you're preaching that people should be paying them, of course you're gonna get booed too. I'll give I.R.S. the benefit of the doubt, cause I haven't seen much of his material, but I just don't think that having a gimmick with a built in bias makes you a quality heel.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2009, 01:39:24 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'225349\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 11:53 AM\']2) I.R.S. RULES. The man walks into the ring and gets an arena-ful of heat just by saying "Have you paid your TAXES?" That, sir, is the sign of a quality heel.[/quote]
As an outsider, I'd attribute that more to the material.
This signature is currently under construction.

Jumpondees

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'225349\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 11:53 AM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'225341\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 07:52 AM\']BTW, I.R.S.? Really? C'mon, WWE, your overloaded roster is so crappy that you actually went out and dug up I.R.S?[/quote]
1) They don't have to go out and dig him up; Rotunda works for the company as a road agent
[/quote]

Rotunda I think for many fans is, and always will be remembered for playing Irwin R. Schyster in the 1990's, but before this gimmick he had a great run in WCW, NWA, WWF(E), and in his time in All-Japan pro wrestling.

Jumpondees

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'225341\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 10:52 AM\'][quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'225309\' date=\'Sep 7 2009, 10:55 PM\']I lol'd at Santino thinking he was on Wheel when it was his turn to bid.  "I'd like to buy a vowel."[/quote]
Between that and Santino calling Bob "Roberto", he was definitely the highlight of the show. As a matter of fact, most of the time Santino is the ONLY amusing part of Monday Night Raw.
[/quote]

I think if I heard right, I believed Bob called Santino, "San-tin-i-o" a few times, lol

bandit_bobby

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »
One of my blog's readers thought that "Truth or Consequences" would've worked better as the night's gimmick. Honestly, the only way that could've happened is if the episode had eminated from New Mexico.

clemon79

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2009, 03:23:48 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'225359\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 10:37 AM\']For example, Muhammad Hassan is anti- American, and played to that gimmick, but he never gave me a reason to hate him other than his constant cries of "I Hate America!!!!!". Of course, people booed at that and started a USA! chant.[/quote]
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'225360\' date=\'Sep 8 2009, 10:39 AM\']As an outsider, I'd attribute that more to the material.[/quote]
The two of you prove my point. Hassan failed because he was bad at it and his schtick was REALLY poorly timed. (Really more the latter, but hey.) Rotunda took a horrible gimmick and got over with it, with one line. That takes at least something.