Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker to WWE?  (Read 29940 times)

chad1m

Bob Barker to WWE?
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
In an article in BusinessWeek, they discussed the recent celebrity guest hosts World Wrestling Entertainment has had for its flagship program on USA, Monday Night RAW. Such previous stars have included Donald Trump, Jeremy Piven, Shaquille O'Neal and Seth Green (along with a couple of legend wrestlers.) The gimmick has been going on for a month and shows no signs of slowing down.

The following quote is from that article: "Down the road, [Vince McMahon's daughter and WWE's executive vice-president of creative development and operation] Stephanie McMahon says the show plans to have as hosts Freddie Prinze Jr., who will promote his new role on the Fox TV show 24, former game show host Bob Barker, and the Reverend Al Sharpton (who hasn't yet said exactly what he'll be promoting). The upside for the stars is huge. According to McMahon, by providing promotions in upcoming shows, replaying shows on its Web site, and adding the pickup it gets from other news outlets, the show can offer as many as 40 million impressions for whatever its hosts might be promoting."

This would be neat, yet completely nonsensical to most wrestling fans. Even if they did bring him in, he'll just sleep with all of the Divas and then fire them for being too fat.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 12:03:43 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'222022\' date=\'Aug 4 2009, 09:46 PM\']This would be neat, yet completely nonsensical to most wrestling fans.[/quote]
Has it been 13 years already?

I'm sure Vince's cracker-jack writing staff </sarcasm> can think of something.

/Maybe he thought he was joining the WWF
This signature is currently under construction.

chad1m

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:33:29 AM »
But also, let's not forget (or for some, let's find out) that game show hosts in the WWE isn't necessarily anything new. Someone who even partook in a match ended up as a current host...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:01:51 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:59:36 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'222022\' date=\'Aug 4 2009, 06:46 PM\']This would be neat, yet completely nonsensical to most wrestling fans.[/quote]
And the Piven show WASN'T?

I was simultaneously embarrassed to be a wrestling fan and unable to turn away from the trainwreck...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:13:31 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'222036\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 03:59 AM\']And the Piven show WASN'T?[/quote]First off, I definitely agree. But, I think much of the demographic of Jeremy Piven's movies/Entourage and WWE overlap. I don't think (and I could be completely wrong) that the same people mixing their Metamucil and taking their diabeetus medication on their Hoverounds are buying "Suck it!" t-shirts. Then again, Barker has/had that frat boy attraction going for him..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:14:20 AM by chad1m »

Fedya

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 08:27:02 AM »
Who's Jeremy Piven?
Producer #1:   The thirteen of us began with a singular vision --
  "Titanic" meets "Frasier".
Producer #2:   But then we found out that ABC had a similar project in
  development with Annie Potts and Jeremy Piven.
Homer: Who's Jeremy Piven?
Producer #3:   We don't know.
Producer #4:   But it scared the hell out of us, so we slapped together
  a cop show instead.
I don't have the premium cable channels, so I had no idea Jeremy Piven was still working anywhere....
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

MikeK

• Martha!
Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'222045\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 08:27 AM\']I don't have the premium cable channels, so I had no idea Jeremy Piven was still working anywhere....[/quote]
He was on The Tonight Show last night.  Thus, he had something to plug.

/Only watched last night for the two female human cannonballs.

calliaume

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'222052\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 09:23 AM\']He was on The Tonight Show last night.  Thus, he had something to plug.[/quote]
His new album, Mercury Rising?

Matt Ottinger

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 10:46:42 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'222053\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 10:41 AM\'][quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'222052\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 09:23 AM\']He was on The Tonight Show last night.  Thus, he had something to plug.[/quote]His new album, Mercury Rising?[/quote]
According to David Mamet, he's pursuing a career as a thermometer.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'222022\' date=\'Aug 4 2009, 09:46 PM\']The following quote is from that article: "Down the road, [Vince McMahon's daughter and WWE's executive vice-president of creative development and operation] Stephanie McMahon says the show plans to have as hosts Freddie Prinze Jr., who will promote his new role on the Fox TV show 24, former game show host Bob Barker, and the Reverend Al Sharpton (who hasn't yet said exactly what he'll be promoting). The upside for the stars is huge. According to McMahon, by providing promotions in upcoming shows, replaying shows on its Web site, and adding the pickup it gets from other news outlets, the show can offer as many as 40 million impressions for whatever its hosts might be promoting."

This would be neat, yet completely nonsensical to most wrestling fans. Even if they did bring him in, he'll just sleep with all of the Divas and then fire them for being too fat.[/quote]

I hope they put Barker in the ring with a Samoan woman - it would serve him right!!

bandit_bobby

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »
I would like to see Bob give away a car to an audience member on RAW with one of the WWE Divas modeling the car.

LetsGoMets2003

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »
Betty White will not be happy. Per a new interview with Stephanie McMahon

http://bit.ly/SpVzX

(How many divas will Bob try to seduce? Bring on the bad puns, too.)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Johnissoevil

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'222036\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 03:59 AM\']And the Piven show WASN'T?

I was simultaneously embarrassed to be a wrestling fan and unable to turn away from the trainwreck...[/quote]

I hear ya.  What I hated most was when they turned him heel just so that Cena could throw him and his sidekick around.  What was the point in that?

/Barker on RAW?
//Someone call Adam Sandler, time for a rematch!
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Johnissoevil

Bob Barker to WWE?
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
[quote name=\'LetsGoMets2003\' post=\'222115\' date=\'Aug 5 2009, 05:27 PM\']Betty White will not be happy. Per a new interview with Stephanie McMahon

http://bit.ly/SpVzX

(How many divas will Bob try to seduce? Bring on the bad puns, too.)[/quote]

Here's another bit of information pertaining to Price...

Tom Kennedy left the nighttime version.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15