Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Price is Right - Contesti Search  (Read 4657 times)

Card Shark

Price is Right - Contesti Search
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 06:50:44 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfreak82\' post=\'221713\' date=\'Aug 2 2009, 10:56 AM\'][quote name=\'knagl\' post=\'221589\' date=\'Jul 31 2009, 04:41 PM\']The contestant search in Minneapolis is tomorrow -- I'm still on the fence about going as I'm sure it's going to be a zoo.

From what I've heard, the local CBS affiliate is going to be there taping 30-second "audition" tapes for each person.  You get 30 seconds to explain why you think you should be on Price, or answer some silly question that they throw out at you.  I presume that the tapes will then be sent to L.A. for them to determine which three people will get flown out to the show.[/quote]

That's exactly what they do.  I went to the Philly auditions and it was just a 30 second sell yourself audition.  I recently got an e-mail from them saying there was a technical problem with the tape I auditioned on and want me to come into the local CBS studios to audition again.  However, I wonder if that's true or if I made it and they want to see my reaction.  I'll let you all know.
[/quote]

I was at the Philly auditions and I got the same e-mail and my wife went with me. Originally, I thought she didn't get the same e-mail, but it turns out she did. We had our auditions on the same camera. I'm guessing you had yours on the side of the left side of the show room. So, I don't think they like us or dislike us anymore or any less than any other contestants. Neither of us were that exciting or unusual. I don't know that we're going to make the trek down to KYW.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:14:59 AM by Card Shark »
Adam Strom