Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I've Got A Secret?  (Read 4045 times)

Sonic Whammy

I've Got A Secret?
« on: October 30, 2003, 10:31:38 PM »
Hey there.

I will still love GSN no matter what mistakes they make, but you would think that they'd double check things in the editing department before they ship their commercials out.

Just saw one of their "Greatest Game Show Moments" spots earlier tonight. The spot highlighted the final What's My Line? where John Daly was the final mystery guest. But our esteemed announcer (remind me of his name again?) described the moment as "John Daly's final episode of I've Got A Secret".

*facefault*

How they messed that up, I'll never know. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. *shrug*

Stay Way Past Cool!

Brian Sapinski
The Sonic Whammy
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

uncamark

I've Got A Secret?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 05:28:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' date=\'Oct 30 2003, 10:31 PM\']Hey there.

I will still love GSN no matter what mistakes they make, but you would think that they'd double check things in the editing department before they ship their commercials out.

Just saw one of their "Greatest Game Show Moments" spots earlier tonight. The spot highlighted the final What's My Line? where John Daly was the final mystery guest. But our esteemed announcer (remind me of his name again?) described the moment as "John Daly's final episode of I've Got A Secret".

*facefault*

How they messed that up, I'll never know. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. *shrug*
[/quote]
I assume it was Neal Ross.

But don't blame him--blame David Schwartz, who probably wrote the script for the spot and is kicking himself right at this moment if he's lurking on this forum (and don't be surprised...).

And next time Ross is in to cut spots (or anytime, if he has a studio and an ISDN line in his home), they can easily re-cut it for future airing.