Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An "unbelievably cool change" coming to TPIR this next seaso  (Read 32265 times)

Plinko85

His first tweet:

"Drew Carey here! First Tweet! Taping season premier of The Price Is Right on Monday. Unbelievably cool change coming. AND special guest! :)"

G-R already seemed to confirm this is the real Drew. What do you think the change could be? Personally, I'm thinking a giant cash bonus for well done double-showcase wins (i.e. within $100). As for a guest, I have no clue...

What do you think?

Jimmy Owen

An "unbelievably cool change" coming to TPIR this next seaso
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:35:56 AM »
The Little River Band will be performing? :)  It could be many things.  We already know of the out-of-town contestant searches.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 12:41:54 AM »
I've got the inside track on this:

Poker Game becomes Strip Poker Game.  Get two pair and you win.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 12:42:15 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chad1m

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 12:42:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'218508\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 12:41 AM\']Get two pair and you win.[/quote]Get two pair and we all win.

xavier45

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 01:37:40 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'218509\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 12:42 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'218508\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 12:41 AM\']Get two pair and you win.[/quote]Get two pair and we all win.
[/quote]
And Drew will say in interviews for years to come "She got two pair, and they both came out on CBS".

CarShark

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 02:19:07 AM »
What could it be?

They haven't done the contestant searches yet, so that can't be it. EDIT-Unless it is just an on-air announcement.

A new game? Maybe Drew created it. He always thinks the things he does are amazing.

They just raised the bonuses for the Big Wheel this season, so that's probably not it. Maybe the bonus for a perfect bid goes up to $1000.

The DSW window has been $250 for a while, maybe this season it goes up to $500 to match the Million Dollar Spectacular window.

Speaking of MDSs, maybe one game every so often will be designated a "special prize" game, where winning under certain circumstances wins a very nice bonus prize in addition to the regular prize on offer.

The only other thing I could think of is a change in the format, but I'm not holding out hope for that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:27:19 AM by CarShark »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 03:37:16 AM »
Maybe they're going back to the legacy music cues. That would be cool, and unbelievable.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JIANORAN

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 08:33:17 AM »
I Will Love To See A Double Showcase Jackpot to TPIR next season it will start at $10,000 and increases $1,000 if it's not won.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 09:42:42 AM »
I think I got it....they're going to start giving away the mini doughnut maker away in EVERY game. And forget limiting it to games like Half Off, Cliff Hangers, and Spelling Bee- it's showin up in Grocery Game, Double Prices, and even Let Em Roll! Forget rolling five cars- roll five donuts, and you get this f'n sweet mini doughnut maker!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:47:03 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'218540\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 09:42 AM\']I think I got it....they're going to start giving away the mini doughnut maker away in EVERY game. And forget limiting it to games like Half Off, Cliff Hangers, and Spelling Bee- it's showin up in Grocery Game, Double Prices, and even Let Em Roll! Forget rolling five cars- roll five donuts, and you get this f'n sweet mini doughnut maker![/quote]
That would be unbelievably cool.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'218540\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 08:42 AM\']I think I got it....they're going to start giving away the mini doughnut maker away in EVERY game. And forget limiting it to games like Half Off, Cliff Hangers, and Spelling Bee- it's showin up in Grocery Game, Double Prices, and even Let Em Roll! Forget rolling five cars- roll five donuts, and you get this f'n sweet mini doughnut maker![/quote]
Approves

Hastin

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' post=\'218537\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 05:33 AM\']I Will Love To See A Double Showcase Jackpot to TPIR next season it will start at $10,000 and increases $1,000 if it's not won.[/quote]

We haven't been able to break out this gem in a while.
-Hastin :)

dale_grass

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' post=\'218537\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 07:33 AM\']I Will Love To See A Double Showcase Jackpot to TPIR next season it will start at $10,000 and increases $1,000 if it's not won.[/quote]

No, no.  Re-read the twit's Twit.  He said "unbelievably cool."  Your suggestion only covers "unbelievable."  Based on past analysis of shows, complex analyses of all production personnel, and a gaze into Madame Ruth's crystal ball (you know, that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth?), I can state conclusively, and without reservation, what the change will be next season.  Now bear with me, 'cause it gets a little tricky. All changes occur during the former Showcase Showdown, currently called the Big Spin or a Combination of Two Spins.  (The title of Showcase Showdown now applies to the formerly named Showcases to conform to popular usage.)

First off, the order of players during BSCTS is determined by a complex mathematical algorithm, whose parameters include the number of times the word "Drew" appears on the contestant's person, the number of people to whom the contestant plans on giving shout outs during his or her spins, the number of audience members who are wearing outfits identical to the contestant's, and the number of times the contestant feigned excitement over a prize that was not a car.

Second, the spaces are arranged in order on the wheel to give contestants a better shot at "aiming" for the $0.40-space.  Why would they aim for $0.40, you say?  Well, that's the new target.  "But Dale," I can almost hear you all bellow, "isn't there an awfully big chance they'll go over $0.40?"  Actually, there's absolutely NO chance anyone will ever be over, since arithmetic during BSCTS is modulo 40.  That is, a contestant can spin $0.40, $0.80, $1.20, $1.60, or $2.00 and still win, since all these amount are congruent to $0.40.

Finally, the pay-offs.  If you get $0.40 (or any congruent amount; see above) in one spin, you win both as-yet-unrevealed showcases in the Showcase Showdown (see further above), as well as $1,000,000 and a copy of Priceless Memories.  Getting $0.40 in a combination of two spins (after all, this IS BSCTS; see the most recent 'see further above') nets you $500,000 and a special filter for your television that prevents you from seeing Bob Barker in high definition.  (I ask you: Which is the bigger bonus?)

Cool?  You bet.  Unbelievable?  Most definitely.

\If not, then legacy cues would be awesome.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 02:31:47 PM »
[quote name=\'dale_grass\' post=\'218560\' date=\'Jun 20 2009, 11:20 AM\']Finally, the pay-offs.  If you get $0.40 (or any congruent amount; see above) in one spin, you win both as-yet-unrevealed showcases in the Showcase Showdown (see further above), as well as $1,000,000 and a copy of Priceless Memories.[/quote]
And if you don't, you get *two* copies.

/easy, but makes me giggle every time
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe