The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game Show (and OT) FACT or FICTION 3

(1/4) > >>

TheInquisitiveOne:
Good evening everyone!

It is another great day for me, and hopefully you too! It is time again for another edition of Game Show FACT or FICTION, the first at our new board and the third overall. I have some things that are on my mind, so I wanted the opinions of all of you. Enough chatter, let's get started.

FACT or FICTION

(1) Bob Barker will go ahead and host The Price is Right until the contract expires.

(2) Another Game Show Week will take place on Hollywood Squares' final season. (I do not know if it has been confirmed, thus my reason for posting it here.)

(3) With the success of Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal, GSN will produce more documentaries within the next year and a half.

(4) If Allen Ludden were alive, he would have been tapped to host Super Password instead of Bert Convy.

(5) Jim Perry is still with us.

(6) Drew Carey was the right choice to host Pepsi's Play for a Billion.

(7) (I hope this is true) Should Rod Roddy be unable to continue his anouncing duties on TPiR, Randy West will be chosen as the permanent replacement.

(8) Another format alteration will be made on Wheel of Fortune this fall.

(9) Within the next decade, Password will return in some form.

Finally, Off Topic FACT or FICTION:

(10) From Justin to Kelly will be the biggest movie bomb on this side of The Real Cancun.

Have at it my friends, and enjoy!

The Inquisitive One

GS Warehouse:
(1) Barker will honor his contract: FACT.  We all know Bob's staying as long as the fire's still there.  And AFAIK, the smoke detectors at Beverly and Fairfax are still working overtime.

(2) Game Show WeekČ: FICTION.  Just how do you follow up Eubanks, Woolery, Martindale, CNR, Somers, Marshall, Merrill et al?

(3) More documentaries: FACT.  There's no question there will be another, but again, how do you follow up Michael Larson?  My suggestion: Big Winners: Where Are They Now?

(4) SP with Ludden:  FACT. In those days, NBC sticked with what worked.  SP predated the whole Gene Rayburn age issue.

(5) Jim Perry: alive:  FACT. And he's living in my basement.  OK, not the latter (my uncle's name is Jim, but his last name is not Perry).  When last heard from, Perry is happily retired and living on a ranch is the Pacific Northwest.

(6) Pepsi Rocks!  FICTION. They didn't choose me!

(7) Randy W, the next Johnny O: Very tough call.  It's up to CBS, but I will hedge toward FACT.

(8) Wheel of Formats: FACT.  WoF has lasted this long because they stay fresh.

(9) Password '00s?: FICTION.  Given how many people watch Friends and so few watch most anything else, half the passwords will have to be forbidden parts of the human anatomy to hold any viewer interest at all.

(10) Inauspicious movie debut: FACT.  Since we are only a couple months removed from Cancun, that's not saying much.  The scary thing is, the reviews for The Hulk I've been hearing are not much better!  I'm holding out for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle next week and Scooby Doo: Monsters Unlimited next year.

edholland83:

--- Quote --- (1) Bob Barker will go ahead and host The Price is Right until the contract expires.
--- End quote ---

Fact. Unless Bob has a situation like Johnny O. had, I don't think that either he or CBS will opt out of their ends of the contract.

--- Quote --- (2) Another Game Show Week will take place on Hollywood Squares' final season.
--- End quote ---

Fact. I thought I had heard that this was a go for next season, but of course I heard it from other message boards.

--- Quote --- 3) With the success of Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal, GSN will produce more documentaries within the next year and a half.
--- End quote ---

Fact. My only worry is that they don't start turning their's into E! THS type documentary

--- Quote --- (4) If Allen Ludden were alive, he would have been tapped to host Super Password instead of Bert Convy.
--- End quote ---

Fiction. I think that if Allen Ludden had not died Password Plus may have been the final incarnation.

--- Quote --- (5) Jim Perry is still with us.
--- End quote ---

Fact. according to IMDB he's still alive

--- Quote --- (7) (I hope this is true) Should Rod Roddy be unable to continue his announcing duties on TPiR, Randy West will be chosen as the permanent replacement.
--- End quote ---

After last week's performance i'd say Fact. But it's up to the higher ups and Bob if he would get the job, but I thought Burton is the heir apparent.

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

Fiction. They really don't need to, they're at the top of the syndie ratings, normally format alteration and changes would be a sign of trouble. TPIR and J! haven't changed their's. in 20+ years only price values have.

--- Quote ---(9) Within the next decade, Password will return in some form.
--- End quote ---

I'd really hope it would happen but with people of today not feeling that it would work. also Fremantle's been trying to put TTTT and MG back on after their 1 (or 1+ in TTTT' case) season runs and seemingly have forgotten about it. Fiction.

--- Quote --- (10) From Justin to Kelly will be the biggest movie bomb on this side of The Real Cancun.
--- End quote ---

Fact and Fiction

Fact: Plot and review wise it probably will be

Fiction: a lot of people thought the Lizzie McGuire movie would do bad, but it was in the top 5 for almost a month so financial-wise probably not, people would probably want to see it for the sake of curiousity

ilb4ever2000:

--- Quote ---(9) Password '00s?: FICTION. Given how many people watch Friends and so few watch most anything else, half the passwords will have to be forbidden parts of the human anatomy to hold any viewer interest at all.
--- End quote ---

I like how people seem to think Password couldn't be done today. How about Pyramid? Lingo? Bet nobody could pull those off either...

MyCapableAssistant:
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 19 2003, 08:50 PM\'] Good evening everyone!

It is another great day for me, and hopefully you too! It is time again for another edition of Game Show FACT or FICTION, the first at our new board and the third overall. I have some things that are on my mind, so I wanted the opinions of all of you. Enough chatter, let's get started.

FACT or FICTION

(1) Bob Barker will go ahead and host The Price is Right until the contract expires.

(2) Another Game Show Week will take place on Hollywood Squares' final season. (I do not know if it has been confirmed, thus my reason for posting it here.)

(3) With the success of Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal, GSN will produce more documentaries within the next year and a half.

(4) If Allen Ludden were alive, he would have been tapped to host Super Password instead of Bert Convy.

(5) Jim Perry is still with us.

(6) Drew Carey was the right choice to host Pepsi's Play for a Billion.

(7) (I hope this is true) Should Rod Roddy be unable to continue his anouncing duties on TPiR, Randy West will be chosen as the permanent replacement.

(9) Within the next decade, Password will return in some form.

Finally, Off Topic FACT or FICTION:

(10) From Justin to Kelly will be the biggest movie bomb on this side of The Real Cancun.

Have at it my friends, and enjoy!

The Inquisitive One [/quote]

--- Quote ---FACT or FICTION

FACT. I think the audience ADORES Bob,  -- he's such a "sweetheart!" I think Bob is VERY loyal to his contract and will likely continue to host TPIR until he no longer is
PHYSICALLY able!

He's got MY vote!!
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version