Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Big Saturday Night: The Reviews  (Read 10520 times)

BillCullen1

Big Saturday Night: The Reviews
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'219164\' date=\'Jun 29 2009, 12:58 PM\']The Money List didn't appear to have any badly flawed questions this time around, so I'm hoping that the Warner Brothers Cartoon Stars thing was an anomaly.  Felt bad for the girl on the Elton John Top-40 Hits question who named the one well-known song that peaked at #41, but that's the danger when a question has some sort of limiting qualifier, and "Top-40 Hits" is a fair, well-documented cut-off point.

More importantly, both the new shows offer real playalong, and that's always nice to see.[/quote]

The song in question was "Tiny Dancer." Yeah, that was painful, but a fair ruling.

Ian Wallis

Big Saturday Night: The Reviews
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2009, 04:57:12 PM »
The song in question was "Tiny Dancer." Yeah, that was painful, but a fair ruling.

I didn't see the show but being a chart fanatic, I figured that must have been the answer.  Sometimes chart placements can be surprising - until I first looked it up a couple of decades ago, I would have sworn that song had charted higher.  It still gets played frequently on the radio.

One pet peeve I've had over the years is when promos for CDs claim that all the songs on it hit No. 1, then when you look at the track list, they might have all gone top 10 but only a couple actually hit No. 1.  Sometimes there's a difference between well-known songs and No. 1 songs.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:58:10 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!