Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW PYRAMID CASTING.  (Read 59848 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« on: May 26, 2009, 12:51:32 PM »
They just got back to me with a "Pyramid Pilot Questionnaire".

Godspeed.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tfr/1180697550.html
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

BrandonFG

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »
How long did it take you to get a response? I e-mailed them yesterday, but figured they weren't in for the holiday. I've been considering making a road trip to NYC, and this would be a great incentive to do so.

ETA: How long is the questionaire? We're not talking Duel-status, are we?

/And there's White Castle
//Will not start another fast food hijack
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 03:35:49 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
I almost want to do it...but considering the last debacle I had with Embassy Row, I don't know if I should.

(Chain Reaction and all...)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chad1m

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »
I'm certainly up for a bit of travel if they don't have any multiple show in a time frame restrictions.

/With my luck, the revival on CBS will lead me to play with Phil Keoghan.
//Maybe he's better with complete sentences and pointing at things?

pacdude

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »
I signed up the day the posting went up. I immediately got the "questionaire" and sent it in. I haven't heard anything back since, but I hope there's something there.

BrandonFG

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 03:58:45 PM »
Someone posted on Buzzerblog that runthroughs take place next week in Embassy Row's SoHo office. The Craigslist posting does mention living in the Tri-State area, so I'm willing to hold out for actual tryouts (keeping fingers crossed).

/Next week is kinda short notice for me so it's all good...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:59:11 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 11:47:01 AM »
It may just me be, but if The New New $25,000 Pyramid is picked up for series, it seems like it will, like the original run, be recorded in New York City (since all the tryouts/runthroughs are held there, and the production company has its offices there).
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 12:13:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Tony Peters\' post=\'216760\' date=\'May 28 2009, 11:47 AM\']It may just me be, but if The New New $25,000 Pyramid is picked up for series, it seems like it will, like the original run, be recorded in New York City (since all the tryouts/runthroughs are held there, and the production company has its offices there).[/quote]
If only we could get the type of audience the old NY Pyramid had...what an experience that must have been.

Has anyone gotten any word back yet after sending their application?
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

chad1m

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 02:04:27 PM »
"Door", your email is private so I'll ask you here - any way you can send me the application? Don't worry, I'm not going to send it in, I just want to see how odd and lengthy it is compared to the one I did for MDP.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'216771\' date=\'May 28 2009, 02:04 PM\']"Door", your email is private so I'll ask you here - any way you can send me the application? Don't worry, I'm not going to send it in, I just want to see how odd and lengthy it is compared to the one I did for MDP.[/quote]
Not a problem! Check your inbox. ;)

chad1m

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 02:18:19 PM »
Thanks bud! :) Yeah, mine for MDP was no less than four pages.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:20:06 PM by chad1m »

calliaume

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'216764\' date=\'May 28 2009, 11:13 AM\'][quote name=\'Tony Peters\' post=\'216760\' date=\'May 28 2009, 11:47 AM\']It may just me be, but if The New New $25,000 Pyramid is picked up for series, it seems like it will, like the original run, be recorded in New York City (since all the tryouts/runthroughs are held there, and the production company has its offices there).[/quote]
If only we could get the type of audience the old NY Pyramid had...what an experience that must have been.
[/quote]
People clapping sounds the same, whether they're in New York or Los Angeles.

Still, it's been nice to have some games migrate back to the East Coast.  The challenge here might be celebrity availability -- maybe they can collar 'em after they've been on Letterman or something.

Jay Temple

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 09:07:36 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'216813\' date=\'May 28 2009, 06:55 PM\']The challenge here might be celebrity availability -- maybe they can collar 'em after they've been on Letterman or something.[/quote]
Some thoughts that occurred to me on that matter:
  • sportscasters covering NY teams
  • news folk and talking heads
  • actors doing location shots for shows set in NY
  • In the early days, they had a lot of people whose primary claim to fame was Broadway. Nowadays a hit show doesn't get you much name recognition, but a lot of people are doing theatre when they already have the name recognition. I'd love to see Nathan Lane.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BrandonFG

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 09:37:41 PM »
Would be a great promotion op for The Early Show (that thing's still on?!). Perhaps Julie Chen vs. Dave Price? Put down the blunt objects, just a suggestion. ;-)

30 Rock and the ABC soaps tape in NYC, so although the shows are on the rival nets, you could get the actors. Honestly, all the NY celebs I can think of work for the rivals.

tvrandywest

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'216826\' date=\'May 28 2009, 06:37 PM\']Perhaps Julie Chen vs. Dave Price? Put down the blunt objects, just a suggestion. ;-)[/quote]
None blunter! ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com