Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker's Newest Scandal  (Read 17384 times)

itiparanoid13

Bob Barker's Newest Scandal
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 08:38:21 PM »
I was told by one of my big sources that Betty was asked not to appear.  What a shame.

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'215675\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:38 PM\']I was told by one of my big sources that Betty was asked not to appear.  What a shame.[/quote]

Absolutely. God forbid anyone upset Barker on "his special day".

tpirfan28

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »
Huh.  All respect for Barker = gone.

(Also:  blackout button tags.  Sweet.)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Scrabbleship

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'215675\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:38 PM\']I was told by one of my big sources that Betty was asked not to appear.  What a shame.[/quote]

This might get me banned, but I wish Barker would just leave this planet already. I have zero respect for the man and in my mind he is now sub-human. A soybean has more cred in my heart than him.

This awards show is a sham and should be dismantled. Bob Barker is not a human being.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'215683\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:52 PM\'][quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'215675\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:38 PM\']I was told by one of my big sources that Betty was asked not to appear.  What a shame.[/quote]

This might get me banned, but I wish Barker would just leave this planet already.[/quote]

Jason, get some help.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Scrabbleship

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'215688\' date=\'May 13 2009, 10:11 PM\'][quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'215683\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:52 PM\'][quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'215675\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:38 PM\']I was told by one of my big sources that Betty was asked not to appear.  What a shame.[/quote]

This might get me banned, but I wish Barker would just leave this planet already.[/quote]

Jason, get some help.
[/quote]

I would never stoop as low as Barker consistently has in recent years. I would have treated my staffers and models with respect and I wouldn't have tried to play revisionist history. And I sure as heck wouldn't have tried to piss off Betty, at the very least so she wouldn't go Lake Placid on me!

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 10:25:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'215683\' date=\'May 13 2009, 09:52 PM\']This might get me banned, but I wish Barker would just leave this planet already. I have zero respect for the man and in my mind he is now sub-human. A soybean has more cred in my heart than him.

This awards show is a sham and should be dismantled. Bob Barker is not a human being.[/quote]
Don't think it'll get you banned (I don't speak for the mods), but it's time to put things in perspective here. Assuming the Enquirer is correct, then yes, Barker is by all means an egotistical prick who should be ashamed at himself. But to wish death upon him is pretty harsh.

BTW, it's not fair to paint the awards show in a bad light because of this. Barker unfairly put GSN between a rock and a hard place: making them decide between one of the more prolific game show hosts in TV history, or one of the more prolific panelists. Not diminishing Betty by any means, but I think if they had to make a decision, considering Barker's getting an award, it would look kinda tacky if your "lifetime achievement guest" were actually present, and not MIA due to a f**kin' elephant.

Crappy decision to make either way, and shame on Barker for putting GSN in that position.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Scrabbleship

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 10:37:02 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'215692\' date=\'May 13 2009, 10:25 PM\'][quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'215683\' date=\'May 13 2009, 09:52 PM\']This might get me banned, but I wish Barker would just leave this planet already. I have zero respect for the man and in my mind he is now sub-human. A soybean has more cred in my heart than him.

This awards show is a sham and should be dismantled. Bob Barker is not a human being.[/quote]
Don't think it'll get you banned (I don't speak for the mods), but it's time to put things in perspective here. Assuming the Enquirer is correct, then yes, Barker is by all means an egotistical prick who should be ashamed at himself. But to wish death upon him is pretty harsh.

BTW, it's not fair to paint the awards show in a bad light because of this. Barker unfairly put GSN between a rock and a hard place: making them decide between one of the more prolific game show hosts in TV history, or one of the more prolific panelists. Not diminishing Betty by any means, but I think if they had to make a decision, considering Barker's getting an award, it would look kinda tacky if your "lifetime achievement guest" were actually present, and not MIA due to a f**kin' elephant.

Crappy decision to make either way, and shame on Barker for putting GSN in that position.
[/quote]

I'd have just revoked the Lifetime Achievement honor if I were GSN. He rarely appears on GSN as it is, why bother?

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'215618\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:45 AM\']And 3) Barker's panicking Spin Doctors haven't slept in 36 37 hours![/quote]
There, fixed that for ya.

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 11:06:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'215697\' date=\'May 13 2009, 10:37 PM\']I'd have just revoked the Lifetime Achievement honor if I were GSN. He rarely appears on GSN as it is, why bother?[/quote]
So now you renege on your decision, making you look completely tacky? Not to mention, you pull an award for a notorious prima donna who pulled a prima donna move in order to accept the damn award in the first place? GSN is adding enough to this alleged feud, albeit involuntarily. No sense in voluntarily shooting themselves in the foot.

Unfortunately, there is no winner in this scenario (pardon the pun). And unfortunately, letting your prima donna attend after he gives you an ultimatum is the best way to save face.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:08:12 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 11:18:17 PM »
Just have the presenter of the award be Dian Parkinson. Problem solved.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 11:24:03 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'215704\' date=\'May 13 2009, 08:18 PM\']Just have the presenter of the award be Dian Parkinson. Problem solved.[/quote]
They should do that anyway. And don't tell Bob about it ahead of time. Let it be a surprise.

Pandemonium

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 11:27:44 PM »
Holly Hallstrom as the presenter would have a much better effect.  Trust me.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 06:22:01 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'215703\' date=\'May 13 2009, 11:06 PM\'][quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'215697\' date=\'May 13 2009, 10:37 PM\']I'd have just revoked the Lifetime Achievement honor if I were GSN. He rarely appears on GSN as it is, why bother?[/quote]
So now you renege on your decision, making you look completely tacky? Not to mention, you pull an award for a notorious prima donna who pulled a prima donna move in order to accept the damn award in the first place? GSN is adding enough to this alleged feud, albeit involuntarily. No sense in voluntarily shooting themselves in the foot.

Unfortunately, there is no winner in this scenario (pardon the pun). And unfortunately, letting your prima donna attend after he gives you an ultimatum is the best way to save face.
[/quote]

No it isn't. I'd rather have not dealt with him in the first place or are the only people on Earth who see Barker as a mega-jerk us and the people he treated like trash? What does GSN have to lose shooting themselves in the foot?

Maybe I'm just the type of person who doesn't care what happens, but I'd rather live with the negative publicity if it means that the public sees the jerk they coddled for a half-century. Doesn't change my view that soybeans>Barker.

Scrabbleship

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Pandemonium\' post=\'215708\' date=\'May 13 2009, 11:27 PM\']Holly Hallstrom as the presenter would have a much better effect.  Trust me.[/quote]

I'd rather have her and Dian picket the award with leaflets and an effingy of that non-human Barker. I'd fly out to LA and do it with them as anyone who has been screwed by Barker is a friend of mine.

Nobody on earth should like that non-human. At all. The world needs no love for him and it's time for the era of extreme animal rights to end. Sure, furs are bad and veggie wings are good, but the movements have gone too far and it was nice before 1981 when it went downhill thanks to PETA's founding and Dorthy Jo's death.