Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your favorite Rod moment  (Read 6153 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 09:48:21 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 07:34 PM\'] The H2 Game Show week was awsome!  Rod was a refreshing change from whatever loser is the regular announcer, and he could have been a really good fit for the show.  Perhaps if they kept Rod, H2 would have bad better ratings that year [/quote]
 Perhaps, for that matter, not.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve_Bier

Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2003, 10:25:33 PM »
I seem to recall a moment a few years back, where Rod completely forgot what the prize was behind the doors (I think it was a boat)....don't recall if it was a pricing game prize or an IUFB. All I know, is that Bob asked Rod what was "behind the doors/next item up for bids", and Rod goes..."Why, it's....a lovely one of these!!!!". I nearly wet myself. He was such a fun man....you could truly tell that he genuinely loved his job, and his fans.

If this was an ideal world, he would have one day hosted his own game show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2003, 01:54:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 08:25 PM\'] If this was an ideal world, he would have one day hosted his own game show. [/quote]
 If it helps, I think I remember reading that he was for a while doing one of those Fun & Games-type shows in Branson, MO...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2003, 02:16:36 AM »
Rod once introduced a silver punch bowl with "It's a lovely silver thing".

he was for a while doing one of those Fun & Games-type shows in Branson, MO...
Yes, Rod was all Fun And Games.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 02:16:56 AM by chris319 »

tommycharles

Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 11:44:02 AM »
PYL when describing the winner's trip: "you'll enjoy dinet gorming...."

uncamark

Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 12:24:48 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Oct 29 2003, 09:34 PM\']The H2 Game Show week was awsome!  Rod was a refreshing change from whatever loser is the regular announcer, and he could have been a really good fit for the show.  Perhaps if they kept Rod, H2 would have bad better ratings that year[/quote]
Hey now--don't dis Jeffrey Tambor.  He only plays losers on television like Hank Kingsley--he's not one himself.

And of course the reason John Moschitta's announcing this season is that Jeffrey's got an acting gig on the new Fox sitcom "Arrested Development," where I assume he's playing another loser--but very few do it better than he does.

GS Warehouse

Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2003, 01:19:48 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 30 2003, 12:24 PM\'] And of course the reason John Moschitta's announcing this season is that Jeffrey's got an acting gig on the new Fox sitcom "Arrested Development," where I assume he's playing another loser--but very few do it better than he does. [/quote]
 Considering the reviews I've heard for Arrested Development, Jeffrey may have himself a winner.  Of course, critics liked Freaks & Geeks, too...

ObGameShows: F&G alum Linda Cardellini, who joins ER tonight, was once a contestant on TPiR.

ObGameShows2: Tambor appeared on a primetime Feud as a cast member of The Ropers.

whewfan

Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2003, 06:47:23 PM »
Another early Rod moment...

Bob gave his usual "Here is the next item up for bids" and the camera was on one of the big doors, which didn't open. Rod said "A neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew (until the doors opened) SAILBOAT!" After the plug, Bob said "That's the newest sailboat we've ever had!"

TimK2003

Your favorite Rod moment
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 07:00:53 PM »
I used to love all the on-camera banter Peter Tomarken & Rod would have usually at the top of some of the "Press Your Luck" shows.

There was one New Year's Eve episode in which Peter came out in a tux for the show, then they showed Rod, and HE was in a tux as well!

Heres another banter from PYL:

P:  Hey Rod, how are you?

R: I'm fine Peter, how are you?

P:  I'm doing fine too, Rod.

(All of a sudden one of the cameras takes an unannounced shot of Rod at the podium, Rod is taken by surprise, jumps up in his seat and starts waving)

P:  Hey, there's Rod looking fine.

Rod even did a good job at that 1 week gig on the special Newlywed Game week on ABC in the mid-80s.