Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Make A Deal Pilot in the Works for CBS  (Read 23859 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Let's Make A Deal Pilot in the Works for CBS
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'214918\' date=\'May 4 2009, 04:36 PM\']
So if I'm following the clues correctly, it's going to be Ty Treadway.  What does this portend for a third season of "Crosswords"?
[/quote]

Reruns, reruns, and more reruns. This time it's "The Worst of Crosswords."
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'214919\' date=\'May 4 2009, 05:37 PM\']
This time it's "The Worst of Crosswords."
[/quote]
No, that was season one.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

The Pyramids

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'214905\' date=\'May 4 2009, 03:29 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'214878\' date=\'May 4 2009, 01:25 PM\']
You really wouldn't have to add anything to TPIR except commercials.
[/quote]
Umm no, I'm not interested in seeing 15 more commercials for power chairs and Diabeetus aids.
[/quote]

Exactly

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Kevin Prather\' post=\'214914\' date=\'May 4 2009, 02:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'214912\' date=\'May 4 2009, 02:03 PM\']
How *is* John Ricci, anyhow?
[/quote]
I hear he's developing a game show pilot based on Cat's Cradle.
[/quote]
I'm developing a game based on Mindreaders. Working title: Celebrity Ouija Boards.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'214961\' date=\'May 5 2009, 02:38 PM\']
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'214905\' date=\'May 4 2009, 03:29 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'214878\' date=\'May 4 2009, 01:25 PM\']
You really wouldn't have to add anything to TPIR except commercials.
[/quote]
Umm no, I'm not interested in seeing 15 more commercials for power chairs and Diabeetus aids.
[/quote]

Exactly
[/quote]

You guys say that now, but just wait until you're old enough to start needing all that stuff. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:26:49 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

CarShark

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'214905\' date=\'May 4 2009, 04:29 PM\']Umm no, I'm not interested in seeing 15 more commercials for power chairs and Diabeetus aids.
[/quote]Actually, I think I've been seeing fewer of those stereotypical elderly ads the past couple months. Also, it seems that more of the products and prizes are sponsored compared to earlier this year.

Anyways, if TPIR were to expand to 75 minutes, I would imagine that about 10 minutes would go to content and about 5 would go to commercials, which follows the current ratio.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 06:37:38 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'214965\' date=\'May 5 2009, 03:30 PM\']Actually, I think I've been seeing fewer of those stereotypical elderly ads the past couple months. Also, it seems that more of the products and prizes are sponsored compared to earlier this year.[/quote]
Really?  I haven't noticed any difference, and last I heard (which was just a couple weeks ago), they're still shelling out money hand over fist on the designer fashions and Apple electronics that Drew insists on giving away.

JIANORAN

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »
Well I Hope NBC can try a pilot for a revival of Concentration.

Casey Buck

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »
This article from Variety suggests that a revival of The Dating Game might be paired with LMAD. I'd rather have Pyramid, but hey, it's still a game show.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:36:52 PM by Casey Buck »

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
I'm intrigued that CBS has so many games they want to try out, but if this is true, I must admit, I'm less than thrilled at the prospect of a new "Dating Game". Just seems like a mismatch for Deal, not to mention it seeming out of place for a daytime audience.

/Yes, I know it aired in network daytime
//40 years ago
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

CarShark

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 10:21:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'214990\' date=\'May 5 2009, 06:37 PM\']Really?  I haven't noticed any difference, and last I heard (which was just a couple weeks ago), they're still shelling out money hand over fist on the designer fashions and Apple electronics that Drew insists on giving away.
[/quote]I think Nesquik Pure Silk and Gorton's have become fairly frequent sponsors recently. On the prize side, it seems that they're definitely not offering as many appliances as before, and they were (and are) rarely sponsored. In general, the electronics are still unsponsored, which comes as a big surprise to me. Both sectors have a dozen brands, and I thought one of them might find a few plugs worthwhile.

I was pretty sure that the Apple love was coming from Drew's general direction. He was gushing about the nearby Apple Store early on his first year. I'm more surprised to hear that the fashions were started by him. That seemed like a demo play to me, so I was thinking CBS had more to do with that decision. As a bit of an aside, have you noticed that Drew's been fawning over more of the prizes in general? So far he's said that he owns a MINI, those expensive headphones and a couple other prizes when they've been offered. He also mentions it whenever they offer a trip to someplace he's been, and a recent trip made me think it was made somewhat on the fly. My point is, how much of the current prize warehouse now consists of sponsored prizes rather than Drew's Favorite Things? Are they rejecting sponsorships of "uncool" brands or products in the belief that paying more for cooler prizes will garner higher ratings or more desirable demos.

Back to CBS's fiddlings, am I the only one surprised they didn't decide to extend Bold and Beautiful and give half an hour back to affiliates? Seemed like the path of least resistance to me.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 10:55:15 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'215006\' date=\'May 5 2009, 10:21 PM\']
In general, the electronics are still unsponsored, which comes as a big surprise to me. Both sectors have a dozen brands, and I thought one of them might find a few plugs worthwhile.
[/quote]

It would appear to me they didn't even bother to search for sponsors, and are instead putting up what Drew likes first.

[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'215006\' date=\'May 5 2009, 10:21 PM\']
My point is, how much of the current prize warehouse now consists of sponsored prizes rather than Drew's Favorite Things? Are they rejecting sponsorships of "uncool" brands or products in the belief that paying more for cooler prizes will garner higher ratings or more desirable demos.
[/quote]

You're getting to the crux of our little byplay a few weeks ago about this very issue. Drew pretty much makes it no secret when he was behind a prize or idea, because he'll tell you how cool it is on the air. I really don't have a lot against him, I just find it interesting. I wish they'd find a happy medium and take more of the sponsored items they seemed to have no trouble getting last season.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

calliaume

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2009, 01:12:45 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'215005\' date=\'May 5 2009, 08:47 PM\']
I'm intrigued that CBS has so many games they want to try out, but if this is true, I must admit, I'm less than thrilled at the prospect of a new "Dating Game". Just seems like a mismatch for Deal, not to mention it seeming out of place for a daytime audience.
[/quote]
I saw that too, and it seems so wrong I almost wonder if somebody made an error.  Dating Game has never been particularly successful when it isn't paired with Newlywed Game, and even then it was always the weaker of the two.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2009, 03:19:36 AM »
First Pyramid gets consideration, than LMAD, now the Dating Game?  Not too happy about the latest developments regarding TDG.  Pyramid & LMAD are just good enough for me anyways. Makes me wonder who in CBS brought up that idea.

As far as LMAD goes, we should know by the end of the month when they shoot an unaired pilot.  By that time, we may have a host too.  Still would've like to see Pyramid & LMAD paired up.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:20:52 AM by Craig Karlberg »

rugrats1

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' post=\'215016\' date=\'May 6 2009, 03:19 AM\']
First Pyramid gets consideration, than LMAD, now the Dating Game?  [/quote]

There's rumors going round that "The Joker's Wild" is also one of the candidates, as I saw here:

http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...37&start=15