Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would Debt Be A Hit Today?  (Read 1708 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Would Debt Be A Hit Today?
« on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:49 PM »
Saw a BET press release today for a new reality show, although it's listed as a game show.

PAY IT OFF - The first game show to give contestants the chance to get out of the red comes to BET. PAY IT OFF explores the personal debt dilemmas of everyday people, then challenges them to pay off their bills one at a time. SCHEDULED TO PREMIERE Q4 2009

From http://www.consumerelectronicsnet.com/arti...e.jsp?id=725907

They're the first game show to do that? Really....I pretty sure that a little show called Debt came before that.

Sure, it took elements from a lot of classic game shows, but considering the economy and the number of Americans in the red, do you think Debt would be remotely successful today?

I'm thinking as a cable show for like CNBC/MSNBC or even GSN, maybe it could.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:16:31 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

pacdude

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:35:15 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'213861\' date=\'Apr 23 2009, 08:15 PM\']
Saw a BET press release today for a new reality show, although it's listed as a game show.

PAY IT OFF - The first game show to give contestants the chance to get out of the red comes to BET. PAY IT OFF explores the personal debt dilemmas of everyday people, then challenges them to pay off their bills one at a time. SCHEDULED TO PREMIERE Q4 2009

From http://www.consumerelectronicsnet.com/arti...e.jsp?id=725907

They're the first game show to do that? Really....I pretty sure that a little show called Debt came before that.

Sure, it took elements from a lot of classic game shows, but considering the economy and the number of Americans in the red, do you think Debt would be remotely successful today?

I'm thinking as a cable show for like CNBC/MSNBC or even GSN, maybe it could.
[/quote]

BET has a tendency to think they're the first ones to do everything, don't they?

DrBear

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »
If they wanted to be Timely As Today's Headlines (tm)...they should have named it BAILOUT! The All-New Debt.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.