Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paul Alter  (Read 47360 times)

comicus

Paul Alter
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 11:03:27 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'214246\' date=\'Apr 27 2009, 10:59 PM\']
Hi countdownRound, Thank you for the mail.  And is the Koji Clutch a hold, or a cocktail?  :)
[/quote]
It's a hold (one of my other hobbies)... but it does sound like it'd make one hell of a drink.  Any mixologists wanna help me out?  :-D

TroubadourNando

Paul Alter
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' post=\'214219\' date=\'Apr 27 2009, 08:30 PM\']
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'214213\' date=\'Apr 27 2009, 08:15 PM\']
Former models and employees don't count.
[/quote]

Because when it comes to reliable sources, fanboys populating online fever swamps are much more trustworthy than, oh, say, people who worked on the show, right?

You. Nando. Educate us. Enlighten us, please, as to the inner workings of this show. You're the expert, right? Why, it looks like you even host a chat version of the game on those ill-reputed GSN boards. Surely you know better than the rest of us. Expound on your knowledge! Let us learn at your feet!

What? Who are you to question TroubadorNando?
[/quote]

If you inspected my posting history there a little more closely, you would see that I have not posted there for at least five months, surely more. If there are posts from this year on GSN purportedly by me, something is up, because I abandoned that place as hopeless some time ago.

And would you care to know why? (I figure you'll say no, but you have me backed into a corner in that I have to defend myself now, so yeah)

It is because "pentellit" along with "DENo1MatchGameFan" and "atty1day" made it unbearable to be there.  You can't have an even half-mature conversation, nay, even BRING UP Price on there without one of them (usually two or all) launching into some insane diatribe about how 'evil' Barker is, complete with arm-length lists of quotes attributed to former models and anyone else who came under his thumb. One person, albeit one outside that trio, recently made a post that seriously tried to equate Barker with Hitler, Pol Pot and Fidel Castro.

I know Barker's no saint. I freely acknowledge it, and I know that a lot of people have a lot of good reasons to dislike him. There's also a point where it gets ridiculous and THAT is why I called him out. I was willing to give him a chance when I saw him come here and behave normally, and he was really doing a good job until the "Roger is Bob's boy!!!" stuff started. Because that is exactly how it started on GSN and devolved into insane rants about how flawless old models were, how Barker is Satan, and so on.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:26:38 AM by chris319 »

comicus

Paul Alter
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:20 PM »
I have yet to see pentellit post any insane diatribes, arm-length lists of quotes, or invoke the names of any murderous dictators.

I do see TroubadorNando having a freaking cow, operating under the assumption that pentellit is absolutely going to commit those transgressions, and (quite hilariously) citing a post wherein a moderator calls for an end to pointless bickering... in a post full of nothing but pointless bickering.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:03:07 AM by CountdownRound »

TroubadourNando

Paul Alter
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 11:42:27 PM »
Okay, yeah, stepping back from this for a moment, I can see where I went wrong now that I've cleared my head a bit. I've been trying to not do this, yet I continue to...I clearly have much work still to do. I have REALLY got to learn to stop letting my mouth run.

pentellit, I owe you an apology, seriously. So...I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:44:52 PM by TroubadourNando »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Paul Alter
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 02:25:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'214256\' date=\'Apr 27 2009, 10:42 PM\']
Okay, yeah, stepping back from this for a moment, I can see where I went wrong now that I've cleared my head a bit. I've been trying to not do this, yet I continue to...I clearly have much work still to do. I have REALLY got to learn to stop letting my mouth run.

pentellit, I owe you an apology, seriously. So...I'm sorry.
[/quote]

If I was pentellit, I'd take the apology...but with a grain of salt.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TroubadourNando

Paul Alter
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'214294\' date=\'Apr 28 2009, 02:25 PM\']

If I was pentellit, I'd take the apology...but with a grain of salt.
[/quote]

Believe me or don't - it's your choice. I meant it and I intend to show it, so at least give me that chance.

pentellit

Paul Alter
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'214250\' date=\'Apr 27 2009, 08:23 PM\']
I was willing to give him a chance when I saw him come here and behave normally, and he was really doing a good job until the "Roger is Bob's boy!!!" stuff started. [/quote]
Ok Guys, here’s the deal.
First off I'm a she and not a he.  
My dear friend Linda Riegert worked on Price for years. Over the years I spent a lot of time on the set and at TV City.  I didn’t go to the Goodson offices often.  I spent most of my time at Price hanging with Linda, and flirting with the crew and with the cute actors over on Y&R and B&B.  I made a lot of friends on Price and at TV City.
Sadly Linda was one of the women Barker fired after she testified in his lawsuit against Holly.  It was excruciatingly painful to watch my dear friend lose her job, her friends, her career, and her whole life as she knew it, all because she wouldn’t lie for Barker.  The deposition questioning and testimonies were grueling and unbearable.
As a result I cannot stand Barker or Roger Dobkowitz.  Every ruthless dictator has a lieutenant that actually carries out the dictator’s orders and does his dirty work, the firings, the betraying, the snitching.  On Price that was Roger.  He was not well liked, and even less respected.
In the original post that started this controversy the subject was felony perjury, and I posted that at least Barker wouldn’t be alone because “his boy Roger” would be in the cell next to his, citing one of Roger’s nicknames from the show.  Roger’s other nickname, that in hindsight would have been more accurate, is BobbleDob, because whenever and whatever Bob said, i.e. with every lie Barker told Roger was right there bobbling “Yes Bob, that’s exactly what happened.  Yeah, yeah that’s it.”  “Lying through his teeth” as the original post said, and costing the jobs of many hardworking, longstanding Price employees.  Obviously not a well liked guy.
TroubadorNando cites posters on GSN that make it uncomfortable for him to post there, namely me, DeNo1MatchGameFan, and atty1day.  I can’t speak for DeNo1, and atty1day seems to only post facts and quotes from court documents blah, blah, blah.  But for myself, rather than accept TroubadorNando’s apology and then turn around and post something he considers not “behaving normally” i.e. posting benignly pleasant, non-threatening anecdotes about Price, I have to ask TNando (and anyone else here), “If the truth and facts of Barker and his boy Roger consistently show that Barker was an ass**** and Roger was his right hand man in all the bad stuff that happened on Price, are you okay with it?”
It’s ok if you say “no”, because I have been beaten and/or banned from numerous websites.  Some websites don’t want to hear anything other than Price was one big happy family.  Others have these pseudo authorities who absolutely cannot tolerate someone with genuine inside information or someone who was actually there, that clearly know more than they do.
I can handle the rejection and keep looking for a forum in which to share the good about Price, and the bad, with gamers who love the show and don’t have personal problems with the facts.  Trust me, it’s ok.

BrandonFG

Paul Alter
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »
I don't speak for anyone here, but please do not allow some posters' doubts and comments to run you away. This is a very welcoming forum, despite the heated threads. I would hate to see a few rude views (one of which was apologized for) give you the impression that the powers that be run some sort of elitist exclusive club.

Barker's actions have been argued here before, so don't think that anything you mentioned might have stirred any ill will. Trust me, that ill will was there before you arrived as well, as has been evidenced by numerous threads surrounding the show... ;-)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:31:08 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

Paul Alter
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 10:36:36 PM »
I, for one, am glad to see someone come out who a) apparently actually DOES have some inside information on Price's goings on. and b) has the story and information to support the claims. We definitely welcome you, pentellit, as long as anything you dish out can be backed up. :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:51:22 PM by chad1m »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Paul Alter
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'214337\' date=\'Apr 28 2009, 09:36 PM\']
I, for one, am glad to see someone come out who a) apparently actually DOES have some inside information on Price's goings on. and b) has the story and information to support the claims. We definitely welcome you, pentelit, as long as anything you dish out can be backed up. :)
[/quote]
Thirded.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Fedya

Paul Alter
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 10:47:47 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' post=\'214247\' date=\'Apr 27 2009, 11:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'214246\' date=\'Apr 27 2009, 10:59 PM\']
Hi countdownRound, Thank you for the mail.  And is the Koji Clutch a hold, or a cocktail?  :)
[/quote]
It's a hold (one of my other hobbies)... but it does sound like it'd make one hell of a drink.  Any mixologists wanna help me out?  :-D
[/quote]
Sake and soy sauce.

Koji
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Paul Alter
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2009, 11:13:37 PM »
I can handle the rejection and keep looking for a forum in which to share the good about Price, and the bad, with gamers who love the show and don’t have personal problems with the facts.
Pentellit -

You don't have to keep looking (there aren't that many other game show boards to look at). You are welcome here and free to speak your mind without fear of repercussion. Yes, there will be vociferous debate but you shouldn't let that intimidate you or scare you away. Speaking as one of the two guys who decides who participates here and who doesn't, I can tell you that you won't be banned for expressing unpopular opinions about Barker/Roger/Price no matter what other members have to say about it.

I'm sorry if your experience on other boards has been less than positive. I hope you find us more hospitable.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:13:58 PM by chris319 »

ClockGameJohn

Paul Alter
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2009, 11:15:22 PM »
Just to make a quick clarification, since some may generalize Golden-Road.net with the statement "some websites only want to believe Price was a big happy family," neither pentellit nor atty1day have ever been banned from the site.

Right, pen?  :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:16:37 PM by ClockGameJohn »

pentellit

Paul Alter
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2009, 11:28:14 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' post=\'214346\' date=\'Apr 28 2009, 08:15 PM\']
Just to make a quick clarification, since some may generalize Golden-Road.net with the statement "some websites only want to believe Price was a big happy family," neither pentellit nor atty1day have ever been banned from the site. Right, pen?  :)[/quote]
Absolutely John, not banned, just beaten :)

Matt Ottinger

Paul Alter
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2009, 11:41:25 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'214345\' date=\'Apr 28 2009, 11:13 PM\'] Speaking as one of the two guys who decides who participates here and who doesn't, I can tell you that you won't be banned for expressing unpopular opinions about Barker/Roger/Price no matter what other members have to say about it.[/quote]
Speaking as the other one, he's exactly right.

[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'214345\' date=\'Apr 28 2009, 11:13 PM\']I'm sorry if your experience on other boards has been less than positive. I hope you find us more hospitable.[/quote]
Absolutely.  We are a privately run board without a specific agenda.  We allow things to get a little more heated than they would at GSN, for example, but we're also not going to try to run you out of town just because your opinions might not match the majority.  And in this case (what Bob Barker was like behind the scenes), I'm not even sure that you're expressing a minority opinion among OUR members.  Plus you clearly have insight, which is always appreciated.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.